• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Those damn daddy long leg spiders are back!

Started by Raineyrocks, August 09, 2008, 01:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Last night my daughter and I fell asleep on the couch and in the middle of the night she got up and screamed.  A daddy long leg spider ran across her face, for real!  We found him crawling up the wall after she quick got up, then she said to me, "Eeeew mom, you sleep with your mouth open."   Yuk, I hope it wasn't crawling on me! :o

Lex

Don't worry too much. Those spiders are tiny, can you imagine how long it will take one of them to eat you from the inside? A looong ass time! Besides, it doesn't hurt that much except for when it starts eating your brain but you've got a few years to live before they make it all the way up there.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 13, 2008, 02:40 PM NHFT
Don't worry too much. Those spiders are tiny, can you imagine how long it will take one of them to eat you from the inside? A looong ass time! Besides, it doesn't hurt that much except for when it starts eating your brain but you've got a few years to live before they make it all the way up there.

Say what??? :o ;D

Lex

Although sleeping with your mouth closed won't help because they can just get in through your nose. They are like cats when it comes to squeezing through small spaces. Their legs are actually telescoping and they can retract them when they need to get in somewhere. Human anatomy is required course in daddy long leg spider school so they are pretty knowledgeable about all of our entry points.  :P

Hehe.  ;)

Jim Johnson

Lauren and I where cutting firewood over at Whip's place.  Lauren comes up to me with her hands together, in a sideways praying position.  She motions for me to look at her hands.  I thought she had a big frog, she likes to show me the big animals she finds.  She opened her hands... she had a spider as big as the palm of her hand, not a daddy-long-legs, it looked like a mouse with eight legs.

She let it go and the spider sat on a log near where I was working for two days.  I says, "Go head and look, I'm the one with the chain saw, steel towed boots and a helmet."

dalebert

Lauren is a strange lady.

P.S. I gave Jim his 1000th karma.  ;D

Pat K

There are about 350 species of spider in NH.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 13, 2008, 03:21 PM NHFT
Although sleeping with your mouth closed won't help because they can just get in through your nose. They are like cats when it comes to squeezing through small spaces. Their legs are actually telescoping and they can retract them when they need to get in somewhere. Human anatomy is required course in daddy long leg spider school so they are pretty knowledgeable about all of our entry points.  :P

Hehe.  ;)

Oh my gosh Lex!  I wouldn't want you around me as paranoid as I am in an emergency! ;D   Oh crap, aren't you an EMT anyways?  I forgot if you were or not when I was writing with you last year about my son joining the firehouse as a volunteer.

On a serious note, does this mean that daddy long legs can get in windows even if they are closed?  I mean just the seam of a window because I've seen them just sitting there on the sides of windows and it looks like they are trying to get in that way.

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on August 13, 2008, 11:20 PM NHFT
Lauren and I where cutting firewood over at Whip's place.  Lauren comes up to me with her hands together, in a sideways praying position.  She motions for me to look at her hands.  I thought she had a big frog, she likes to show me the big animals she finds.  She opened her hands... she had a spider as big as the palm of her hand, not a daddy-long-legs, it looked like a mouse with eight legs.

She let it go and the spider sat on a log near where I was working for two days.  I says, "Go head and look, I'm the one with the chain saw, steel towed boots and a helmet."

Holy Crap! :o  I'd run, screw cutting the wood!

Raineyrocks

David

Quote from: raineyrocks on August 14, 2008, 10:43 AM NHFT

Re-read the part where he says chain saw, steel towed boots, and helmet.   ;)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: David on August 14, 2008, 12:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on August 14, 2008, 10:43 AM NHFT

Re-read the part where he says chain saw, steel towed boots, and helmet.   ;)

Gottcha, thanks! :)

Lex

Quote from: raineyrocks on August 14, 2008, 10:41 AM NHFT
Oh my gosh Lex!  I wouldn't want you around me as paranoid as I am in an emergency! ;D   Oh crap, aren't you an EMT anyways?  I forgot if you were or not when I was writing with you last year about my son joining the firehouse as a volunteer.

Yes, I'm an EMT. No, I do not recommend being paranoid around me. I mean, you could, but I wouldn't react much to it, probably just make it worse  >:D

On a serious note, does this mean that daddy long legs can get in windows even if they are closed?  I mean just the seam of a window because I've seen them just sitting there on the sides of windows and it looks like they are trying to get in that way.

Spiders can teleport.

But honestly I have no idea.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 14, 2008, 04:17 PM NHFT

Yes, I'm an EMT. No, I do not recommend being paranoid around me. I mean, you could, but I wouldn't react much to it, probably just make it worse  >:D

Spiders can teleport.

But honestly I have no idea.

You mean they can start calling me on the phone? 8) ;D