• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Looking for a market research position...

Started by PowerPenguin, August 10, 2008, 06:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPenguin

Hey all, I'll be moving in the next month or so, and I'm looking for work, ideally in the market research field. Below is a cover letter I recently wrote, which will give you some idea as to what I'm interested in/qualified to do. The online job sites have been helpful, but I don't want to let any potential opportunity go untapped! Note that I'll be moving to the seacoast area (high probability) or Manchester (lower probability based on job luck).

The letter...

Saturday, 8/9/09

Dear Jay [full name]:

My name is Andrew Bourdon, a recent college graduate who is looking for an employment and learning opportunity in the marketing/market research sector. I will soon be moving to New Hampshire, and would love to hear about any relevant persons or businesses in the area I should approach. I have skills and experience which make me stand out from other new candidates trying to get into the industry.

I have very strong research and writing skills developed during my four years at the University of Puget Sound (Tacoma, WA). The most comprehensive of my academic projects was the senior thesis for my BA in political science. I began the four month long project by first doing a thorough and time-efficient survey of what I thought might be the most relevant and interesting political issues today. I narrowed my choices to a few options. This limited pool of two or three possibilities was then taken to my adviser and a group of peers to help me determine which would be the most successful as a real project. The result was a comprehensive study of Washington think tanks and their influence over Social Security policy.*

The thesis-writing process allowed me to demonstrate my ability to successfully devise a set of goals, articulate what kinds of questions must be asked, and finally effectively acquiring, interpreting, and presenting what I believe to be the truth in the most clear and engaging way possible. I've successfully combined these traditionally "academic" skills with real-world sales and market research to deliver results both for myself and for clients. For example, I've been involved with network marketing for a couple of years, and have used my skills both to discover profitable niches to promote products in, and to help clients improve their own sales.

In closing, I'm someone who has learned the basics of the marketing and market research, and would like to find an opportunity to take things to the next level. I have a strong work ethic, learn quickly, and have the creativity that sets me apart from others. If you have the time, I would very much like to talk to you about all this, and to find out if you have any good leads.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Andrew Bourdon
andrewb[at]rapidnetmarketing[daught]com
http://rapidnetmarketing.com/
[PM/see site for cell #] (cell)

* Research and promotional examples, as well as my resume are available upon request.

I can also of course do campaign management, but it doesn't pay well enough and I'd only consider doing it for a *very* pro-liberty candidate even if it did. If anyone has ideas about other fields I might be qualified for, please let me know! If I can do anything, it's obtain, interpret, and effectively communicate information.