• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Announcing the Anarcho Jesse Labor Note

Started by AnarchoJesse, August 11, 2008, 08:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I indicated i would provide an updated report on jesse's reliability. 

He has completed a small amount of work for me now, on october 31st apparently.  He has also been more responsive.  He has verified that there are internet issues he's facing.

However since it has taken him so long to get that small amount work started , and since I understand the library internet is an option... I'm keeping him at "C" for now.  Of course I look forward to upping his ratings if he gets more effective and more responsive.

Dave Ridley

OK as promised I have more information to report regarding Jesse's reliability (or lack thererof)

around October 9th I began attempting to redeem the AnarchoJesse Labor notes I had purchased from Jesse around September.  I've communicated with him about 10 times since then, and I have perhaps ten hours of internet work for him to do.  During that nearly-month-long period, Jesse has completed almost no verifiable work at all.  He has uploaded two videos for me, something that would take me about thirty minutes to do, something that an enthusiastic novice would have been able to accomplish within an hour.

In fairness to Jesse, the first login information I sent him may have been confusing.  That may have caused a legitimate four or five day delay.  He has been willing to offer the use of his labor note design for free before I began attempting to redeem them  Also he has claimed to have certain internet access issues.  This has been corroborated to some extent; however he appears frequently on NHFree.com ... and his mission does not involve high bandwidth activity. 

It's been almost a month, and Jesse is not even reliably responding to my e-mails.  I get a response about every other time I contact him.  He declines to call me though he has my number and I've suggested calling might be helpful.   He has made claims to the effect that he has uploaded many videos, and worked on this project at Dale's recently.  Dale is not able to confirm the "recent work." only two video uploads appear on Metacafe.  Upload, BTW is not exactly the right word...his job is merely to send information to MetaCafe...which lets MetaCafe dupe my old vids.

I must reluctantly reduce Jesse's rating from C to

"D" 

I'm sending Jesse a note now (essensially a copy of this note) requesting that he either return the money I gave him for his labor notes by November 15 or complete by then an amount of work acceptable to me.   I will provide him an option that does not require internet access. 

If it turns out that Jesse is not willing to carry out his promises of labor, labor already paid for...or accept a return of the notes:  Then I have certain responsibilities to the wider liberty community, to inform them of this.

K. Darien Freeheart

leetninja

damn i was kind of considering having him do some yard work just to help him out but now ... not so much ...

Coconut

Well he's downtown right now getting us more freedom... I mean protesting the war.

I'm not shocked with Dave's report.

Porcupine_in_MA

This saddens me, because I like Jesse, but I was hoping to rely on him to paint our downstairs soon. But this is making me worry that, that wouldn't work out. I too hope he makes good and turns this around.

dalebert

Just hire him in the usual way and pay him as he does the work.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: dalebert on November 08, 2008, 03:26 PM NHFT

I wish I could do it that way; unfortunately I already purchased the labor notes and feel I am holding the bag.  Obviously this behavior will hurt jesse more than me, but I wish it didn't have to hurt anyone.

I'm checking now again to see if he still has not gotten any real work done on the backup metacafe site. 

Dave Ridley

well he has logged into the site just this hour and perhaps is doing some of the work ... i'd like nothing better than to report that he's getting on this.

AnarchoJesse

I just saw this all. It's my first time on the computer today, and I just started working on it. Youtube is moving a bit slow right now for my tastes, but there should be results starting from now till... well, not really ending. I'm kind of making it a personal goal to try and get 18+ pages done before the weekend is up.

dalebert

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 08, 2008, 05:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on November 08, 2008, 03:26 PM NHFT

I wish I could do it that way; unfortunately I already purchased the labor notes and feel I am holding the bag.

Yeah, I know. It was directed at Porcupine. Don't think he's bought any hours yet.

Dave Ridley

arright good, jesse has copied at least five more ridleos to metacafe

thanks jesse

Kat Kanning

Yes, but does Jesse tip well?  We must strike at the root on this issue.

AnarchoJesse

Coconut

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 05, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT
...requesting that he either return the money I gave him for his labor notes by November 15 or complete by then an amount of work acceptable to me. 

How did this work out?