• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Announcing the Anarcho Jesse Labor Note

Started by AnarchoJesse, August 11, 2008, 08:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

Today I am proud to announce the launch of the Anarcho Jesse Labor Note. Backed 100% by the labor of myself, the Anarcho Jesse Labor Note is another transitory measure in bringing the idea of alternative currency to reality.

I wrote up a brief FAQ on it.

What is the AnarchoJesse Labor Note?

The AnarchoJesse Labor Note (AJL) is an alternative currency established in New Hampshire by myself, Free State Project member "AnarchoJesse". Breaking from the Federal Reserve Note, which is backed by nothing but "faith and credit" (read: literally nothing), the AJL is backed by the promissory labor of myself, AnarchoJesse.

Why have you created the Labor Note?

I have created the AJL as a means to combat the inflation of the Federal Reserve Note by giving consumers something more tangible to invest in. Additionally, the Labor Note would possibly open up those who aren't familiar with Alternative Currencies to accepting the legitimacy of them, as well as understanding that their investment in the FRN is that is inevitably at their own loss.

How many labor notes will you have in circulation?

Approximately One Hundred (100) hours of labor will be in circulation in One ("1") Hour, Four ("4") Hour, and Eight ("8") Hour denominations.

How can I come to possess AnarchoJesse Labor Notes?

There are a few ways of coming by AJLs. The most direct would be through direct purchase from myself, which are being sold at a price of Two Federal Reserve notes per Hour. Another method would be through barter, which can either be done with myself or whoever might have some on hand.

Two Federal Reserve Notes for an Hours worth of Labor? Are you Crazy

Yes, and while questionable, most would say yes.

However, my goal here isn't so much making a quick profit, but getting the Note into circulation. If I do find in the future that I may need to raise the FRN-AJL exchange rate from myself, I will- but how everyone else exchanges them is totally between the people making the exchange. God bless the Free Market, mirite?

What do the AJL notes look like?

They look awesome. Who designed them?

The credit for design goes mostly to Dale Everett of AnarchyInYourHead.com (I say mostly because I did have input on how my note was designed).

How am I supposed to know that you'll back the AJL? What is to stop you from just turning me down when I try to redeem?

A very good question: how can you trust me with your investment in my currency? Well first off, it's a matter of actual trust. While I can't 100% instill trust in my Alternative Currency for those that possess it,  it certainly wouldn't benefit me in any way to bilk out, because I would lose the trust of fellow Free Staters, and I'd be doing harm to my own cause. I have absolutely nothing to be gained by failing to back the note. However, it must be expressly stipulated that I cannot possibly perform all tasks that might be asked of me, so I will give a general list of what I can and can not do:

Can:
- Manual Yard Labor (Mowing grass, weeding, planting, transplanting, raking, snow shovelling, general landscaping, fruit/vegetable harvesting, etc.)
- Manual Construction Labor (Demolitions, handywork, basic plumbing, basic electricians work, most renovations work, basic carpentry)
- General Manual Labor not specified above
- Housekeeping

Cannot:

- Something that you as well I know is utterly absurd (build you a rocket ship, etc.)
- Advanced work in carpentry, electricians work, plumbing, etc.
- Watch you children (I love kids, but not YOUR kids)

If you are not sure if a job you have in mind is do-able, just drop me a line and ask.

I'm liking the sound of this. How can I get in touch with you to get my hands on some AJLs, and how can I contact you when I want to redeem them?

You can contact me here, by e-mail at AnarchoJesse@gmail.com, or on my new webpage for the notes, www.myspace.com/anarchojesselabor.

JJ

William

Show up in Henniker on the 19-20 and we'll work out a deal for FRN - Shire Hours - AJLN's versus unskilled labor provided. There are 5 of us so far, more would b better.

Puke

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on August 12, 2008, 02:51 PM NHFT
Nice work on the design Dale.  :)

Thanx, Puke. I'm building up a portfolio. Even more than before, I'm interested in bumping heads with you about a free lance design op.

J’raxis 270145

Dave Ridley

I'd like to order 10 hours from you, assuming you can lock in the price at 2 bucks between now and when I see you.  also assuming you are up for doing internet work...I'd probably have you posting ridley reports to varioius web forums.   i can get them from you whenever i see you; will probably be at the lfod festival in late august in jaffrey, and in keene around the 24th. 

Thanks for doing this! 

also a suggestion:  sign each note after copying it so as to deter counterfeiting

dalebert

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 15, 2008, 02:35 AM NHFT
also a suggestion:  sign each note after copying it so as to deter counterfeiting

See the box that says "Authorization of Contract" ? That's for his sig. :)

Barterer

Awesome :icon_pirat:  If you decide to "go online" feel free to use ShireHours.com. I think Russell is going to add "Cardinal Shire Hours" or something like that to denote his own personal labor. You can do the same.  If people value your bills and see that you work harder than average, perhaps the ratio could be set greater than 1:1. 

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 15, 2008, 02:35 AM NHFT
I'd like to order 10 hours from you, assuming you can lock in the price at 2 bucks between now and when I see you.  also assuming you are up for doing internet work...I'd probably have you posting ridley reports to varioius web forums.   i can get them from you whenever i see you; will probably be at the lfod festival in late august in jaffrey, and in keene around the 24th. 

Thanks for doing this! 

Thanks for supporting it! That's the biggest part! And I have no intention of raising the price till at least the winter months when I might end up doing some grueling work in the cold.

Quotealso a suggestion:  sign each note after copying it so as to deter counterfeiting

Already on that like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat ;)

FTL_Ian

McDuck

This is an interesting concept to say the least.   :icon_pirat:

TackleTheWorld

Bring a pile of AJLNs to Social Sundays.  We'll be needing 10 or 20 hours.

AnarchoJesse

My first batch of AJL notes are now in circulation :D

Brandon