• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bacon!

Started by KBCraig, August 16, 2008, 06:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Silent_Bob

App lets bacon-lovers wake to their favorite smell

http://www.wtop.com/1374/3575917/App-lets-bacon-lovers-wake-to-their-favorite-smell

WASHINGTON -- For a lot of people, the smell of bacon cooking on the stove is one of the best things about waking up in the morning.

There's always been a problem, though - someone has to be up to cook it.

The folks at Oscar Mayer have found a way around that, though - an iPhone app and dongle that will make sizzling sounds and release a bacon scent when your alarm goes off.

The aroma comes from a diffuser made by Scentee, which uses high-frequency waves to release the aroma of a bacon scent capsule.

The setups won't be for sale, but you can win one by taking a quiz on the website of the Oscar Mayer Institute for the Advancement of Bacon, which we're absolutely sure is a real thing.

Mashable reports that the dongle and app are a real thing - they're a little iffy on how much the scent really smells like bacon, and spilling the concentrated bacon scent on your hands is definitely not recommended.

But for a bacon lover, what could be better? Tom Bick, senior director of integrated marketing and advertising at Oscar Mayer, said in a statement that the company was thrilled to give "bacon aficionados a new reason to welcome their morning alarm clocks."

Pat K

dalebert

dalebert

dalebert

Jim Johnson

There is bacon to the left.

dalebert

Tom Sawyer

Captivating, 2 thumbs and 2 tongues up!

dalebert

Becky Thatcher

That's just so wrong...but it was his bacon.  >:D

Fuck'n Government.

Jim Johnson

That is wrong... fuck'n government.

Pat K

Fuck Gold should have bought Bacon futures.

dalebert

I had a little bit of jalapeno pub cheese left and nothing to dip in it. I've stopped buying chips or crackers. Crispy bacon actually works for dipping. It was delicious. Who knew?

KBCraig

Quote from: dalebert on April 21, 2014, 08:57 PM NHFT
I had a little bit of jalapeno pub cheese left and nothing to dip in it. I've stopped buying chips or crackers. Crispy bacon actually works for dipping. It was delicious. Who knew?

Bacon and cheese? Who didn't know?