• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bacon!

Started by KBCraig, August 16, 2008, 06:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Sales of bacon-flavored vodka sizzling
Last Update: 5/25 5:44 pm

SEATTLE, WA--Call it breakfast in a booze bottle. Bacon-flavored vodka is the all the rage in Seattle and sales are sizzling. At about $30 a bottle it's selling like hotcakes with a side of bacon-flavored vodka.

My first reaction was ewww, says Brittney Levang, who sampled a bacon-bloody Mary at Von's Roast House in downtown Seattle. But then I tried it. It's pretty good.

Seattle-based Black Rock Spirits cooked up the concept of "Bakon Vodka." It's inspiring bartenders across the city to concoct cocktails that reflect peoples' passion for pork.

There is a real fanatical following for bacon products and bacon in general. People love bacon, says Black Rock Spirits sales director Stefan Schachtell.

Recipes include a bacon-bloody Mary, and a bacon-chocolate martini. (So, in case you're wondering, bacon vodka apparently isn't just for breakfast.)

Since the recent relaxation of liquor regulations in Washington, the state's Liquor Control Board has approved licenses for five new distilleries over the past year, and up to 13 more are brewing.

Add those to the 17 already in Oregon and competition is getting fierce.

The vodka market is overflowing with fruity infusions from watermelon to pomegranate.

But Bakon Vodka appears to have cornered the meat market.

"I mean, who doesn't like bacon?" said one server at Von's. "And vodka. It's a good mix. Why not?"

thinkliberty

KBCraig

For the land yacht:

EthanLeeVita

On my short detour through maine, I encountered bacon gum. I didn't try it, but I can assure you everyone else thought it was positively disgusting.

Pat K

My car needs one of those KB. ;D

KBCraig

Pat K

Friday

There was a pizza box at Rogers labelled PEPPERONI AND BACON.

It was empty.

:'(

MengerFan

MengerFan

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Friday on June 29, 2009, 03:20 PM NHFT

I took the last slice. :) Sorry. :( As a consolation, here is a picture of cooking bacon @ PorcFest (actually, more like boiling in its own fat).

Mike Barskey

dalebert

Quote from: Mike Barskey on June 29, 2009, 05:25 PM NHFT(actually, more like boiling in its own fat).

Not to pick nits, but when you boil something in grease, it's called "frying".  ;D I'm from the South. We know all about the frying.

KBCraig

Quote from: Friday on June 29, 2009, 03:20 PM NHFT

It was empty.

:'(

If it makes you feel any better, on Sunday I fried up bacon, then fried green tomatoes in the bacon grease.

Yummmm!  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Thanks to Jerry, I got to try chocolate bacon at Porc Fest !

Though I had to wait till Dale got some, he went friggan crazy when
Jerry brought it out.  I was scared he was gonna break my arm
to get some.

Anyway it was very good.

Pat K