• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Building 19

Started by MaineShark, October 08, 2008, 08:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

There's a new Building 19 in Manchvegas.

We were just there and got a whole slew of useful items (everything from food to baby clothes to cookware)... including steel toed work boots for $29.99/pair.  I doubt I'll get the five years out of them that I can get out of a pair of Redwings, but for 1/5 the price, if I get anything more than one year out of them, they're a good deal.

Joe

J’raxis 270145

Where? Their website only lists the old one on Hanover.

MaineShark

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 08, 2008, 08:56 PM NHFTWhere? Their website only lists the old one on Hanover.

That's the one.  It's not new?  I've not talked to anyone who knew it was there, so I figured it must be new...

Joe

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: MaineShark on October 08, 2008, 09:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 08, 2008, 08:56 PM NHFTWhere? Their website only lists the old one on Hanover.

That's the one.  It's not new?  I've not talked to anyone who knew it was there, so I figured it must be new...

Nope. I've been going there since shortly after I moved up here.

MaineShark

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 08, 2008, 09:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on October 08, 2008, 09:20 PM NHFTThat's the one.  It's not new?  I've not talked to anyone who knew it was there, so I figured it must be new...
Nope. I've been going there since shortly after I moved up here.

Odd.

Well, in any case, they have a bunch of steel toed work boots for $30-40 per pair.

Might be useful for some of the Porcs who are involved in construction.  Some have metatarsal guards, too.

And they even have some in wide sizes, so that pleased me greatly.  I can rarely buy boots in the right length, because I need the extra width and so few stores stock wides anymore.  That I could find a perfect match among a pile of surplus boots was worth the trip, even though I was in the area to pick up a UV lamp, so stopping at Building 19 was just a random thing.

Joe

SethCohn

Yeah, I've been going for years, buy some junk occasionally, regret it often, and return it sometimes.

Lately (last few months), it's mostly been broken, and all overpriced, and they've gotten no biz from me.

If you need the exact thing they are selling, you can find a deal at times... but caveat emptor.

MaineShark

Quote from: SethCohn on October 08, 2008, 09:29 PM NHFTYeah, I've been going for years, buy some junk occasionally, regret it often, and return it sometimes.

Lately (last few months), it's mostly been broken, and all overpriced, and they've gotten no biz from me.

If you need the exact thing they are selling, you can find a deal at times... but caveat emptor.

I mostly buy food there, personally.

I don't think I'd buy anything which had the potential to be broken.  Did buy a good futon mattress there, a while back.

Joe

Scott Roth

There's one in Nashua too.