• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Can anyone make out faces in this picture of Mars?

Started by Raineyrocks, August 19, 2008, 10:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

It's the Old Man in the Mountain!  He didn't fall down he just went home!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: doobie on August 19, 2008, 12:14 PM NHFT
It's the Old Man in the Mountain!  He didn't all down he just went home!

Doobie, you ruined your whole message by forgetting the f before the a. :o

ByronB

I can't... please don't tell me we are going to have some weird cult spring up over this picture like Heaven's Gate...

Pat McCotter

Hey! That's Mt. Rushmore! Gutzon Borglum plagiarized the Martians!

Brandon

This is just like one of those 3D posters. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to see it.  :'(

Pat K

I think I can see Sponge Bob Square Pants,
in the lower right hand corner.

Puke

QuotePareidolia:
The term pareidolia (pronounced /pæra??do?li?/), referenced in 1994 by Steven Goldstein, [1] describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- —"beside", "with" or "alongside"—and eidolon—"image" (the diminutive of eidos—"image", "form", "shape"). Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Puke on August 20, 2008, 05:25 AM NHFT
QuotePareidolia:
The term pareidolia (pronounced /pæra??do?li?/), referenced in 1994 by Steven Goldstein, [1] describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- —"beside", "with" or "alongside"—and eidolon—"image" (the diminutive of eidos—"image", "form", "shape"). Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.

Yes, but, did you see the face in the picture?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: ByronB on August 19, 2008, 12:29 PM NHFT
I can't... please don't tell me we are going to have some weird cult spring up over this picture like Heaven's Gate...

Oh gosh, I hope not! :)

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Brandon on August 19, 2008, 10:31 PM NHFT
This is just like one of those 3D posters. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to see it.  :'(

I'll try to find a better link for you in a few minutes. :)

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on August 20, 2008, 06:29 AM NHFT
Quote from: Puke on August 20, 2008, 05:25 AM NHFT
QuotePareidolia:

Yes, but, did you see the face in the picture?

Yeah, really! :)

Raineyrocks