• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Tea Party shut down?

Started by J’raxis 270145, August 23, 2008, 08:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 27, 2008, 08:42 PM NHFT
Joe and Denise own the domain but according to Joe aren't responsible for the SSL certificate. Trying to resolve this all privately, so I'm locking the thread for now...
oh goody ... private stuff and locking threads ... 2 of my favorite things ;D

David

I am glad that everything was worked out.   :)

Russell Kanning

J’raxis 270145

The site should be back up today. Name servers were switched over this morning, so it might take a bit for the old records to expire.

It's currently using a self-signed SSL certificate, which has to be accepted by the browser in order to connect:—

MSIE: http://leonmeijer.nl/archive/2008/08/01/123.aspx (scroll to "Trust your own certificate in IE 7").
Firefox: Just click the button to accept the certificate permenantly in the dialog that comes up.
Firefox/3.0: http://www.osnews.com/story/20230/Firefox_3_0_s_SSL_Certificate_Interface_Meets_Resistance

error

As promised, I deleted my account from the NH Tea Party. I will not return.

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

Quote from: error on September 17, 2008, 12:33 AM NHFT

Interesting...

lastlady

May I ask why? I am not up to date on current events. If you're comfortable, I would love to know or pointed in the right direction to find out why you are off what I thought was your baby?

David

I am curious too.  I don't go there often, but as an activist website, I am interested in it. 

Jennifer

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: lastlady on September 17, 2008, 12:23 PM NHFT
May I ask why? I am not up to date on current events. If you're comfortable, I would love to know or pointed in the right direction to find out why you are off what I thought was your baby?

All I know is that Michael won't deal/communicate/&c. with Joe any more. I don't know what the reason for this is. Their refusal to jointly administer NH Tea Party seemingly started back in March, as a result of an argument they had on the forum over banning ny2nh.

When the SSL cert expired a couple weeks ago, and the site went down, I tried to find out what was going on so I could help get the site back up. Eventually, I offered to take over the site: Michael agreed and sent me the database dump, but said that he doesn't want anything to do with the site once it's out of his hands. So, it's up now, and he deleted himself as he implied he would.

Paul

Sorry I'm new and I know it's kinda a non-issue but why does it need SSL?  Seems like an unnecessary headache for a public board, unless I'm missing something.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Paul on September 19, 2008, 12:06 PM NHFT
Sorry I'm new and I know it's kinda a non-issue but why does it need SSL?  Seems like an unnecessary headache for a public board, unless I'm missing something.

It's not a public forum. Only logged-in members who have begun to post can view most of the boards on the forum.

Paul

Oooooh OK.  Figured my ignorance was at play.

Areté

Sure is a lot of interesting topics on NHTeaParty. Good stuff! ;D