• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Tea Party shut down?

Started by J’raxis 270145, August 23, 2008, 08:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

NH Tea Party is giving me this:—

QuoteShutdown

This forum is shut down indefinitely. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone know what's going on?

error

I know what's going on.

The SSL certificate is expired and I have no control over the domain name. And the person who does have control of the domain name is trying to claim he owns the forum and that I am some uncompensated caretaker. I don't know how he justifies this claim since he's put virtually no work into it.

So at this point I can take the forum and put it up on some other domain name (and I have no idea whatsoever what domain name might be good for this; if you have ideas, PM me, don't post them here) or I can just hand him a tarball of the forum and see if he really wants to try his hand at running it, and wash my hands of it.

Russell Kanning

should we know who this individual is?

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 23, 2008, 02:14 PM NHFT
should we know who this individual is?

Not necessarily, though I suppose it isn't hard to find out.

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

Sorry to hear the news. 

For those who still need an extra forum fix, http://forum.freekeene.com is still available for all your Keene area activism discussions.

(I couldn't resist.)

J’raxis 270145

Can't throw up a self-signed cert until the issue with the domain ownership is resolved?

J’raxis 270145

Joe and Denise own the domain but according to Joe aren't responsible for the SSL certificate. Trying to resolve this all privately, so I'm locking the thread for now...

J’raxis 270145

This should be back online sometime today.

Waiting on the nameserver changes, still...

Lloyd Danforth

J’raxis 270145

Pat McCotter

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Pat McCotter on September 15, 2008, 07:30 AM NHFT
It's still not back!

Nope. I'm hosting it now, but don't control the domain name. I'm waiting on Joe & Denise to switch over the nameservers to point to my server, and then we're good to go.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 15, 2008, 07:48 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on September 15, 2008, 07:30 AM NHFT
It's still not back!

Nope. I'm hosting it now, but don't control the domain name. I'm waiting on Joe & Denise to switch over the nameservers to point to my server, and then we're good to go.
;D
Just foolin' wit' ya! Thanks for the work you're doing!