• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property ownership on the moon

Started by memenode, August 23, 2008, 08:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

memenode

Quote from: BillKauffman on August 25, 2008, 08:49 PM NHFT
QuoteIt either exists (white) as such or it doesn't (black)

Wave-Particle duality is the concept that light and matter simultaneously exhibit properties of waves and of particles.

Well, then that's just the nature of such light or matter. Now, can it be at the same waves and particles and not waves and particles? That's what I mean. Once you establish something to be such as it is can you at the same time claim that it is not such? Like, state "this fruit is an apple" and "this fruit is not really an apple" refering to the same fruit, and speak the truth in both cases?

By the same token, can individual property at the same time not be individual property? I guess you might say it could be both individual and collective or common, but if it being collective or common ends up cancelling out it being individual as well, then an individual ownership no longer applies. And since a collective is not a singular entity "it" cannot really own either, which is why it's not surprising that pursuits of non-individual ownership (collective or common regardless) tends to lead to, surprise, individual ownership - it can't be escaped, because ownership can't really exist any other way. Anything that is owned is owned by individuals, so adding a layer of vagueness like "collective" and "common" just confuses us away from that simple fact. We should have a much more precise understanding of ownership if we got rid of those and focused on individual ownership solely.

Cheers

BillKauffman

QuoteI've asked several times in this thread for you to simply explain what establishes your notion of property

Labor as a natural extension of self-ownership.

dalebert

You guys are relatively new so may not be familiar with Bill. He argues the same points incessantly for a while, very repetitively and redundantly, attempting to divert every topic that comes up into his pet topics. Then after realizing he's making no progress, he disappears for a while and comes back with a different handle. And that's amusing because his posts are so distinctive that it can hardly make any difference that he changes his handle. In fact, I remember being surprised at how long this thread had gotten and then realizing he was posting in it and it clicked. He's an open book, and not an entertaining one but rather a really poorly written tedious and repetitive book like Atlas Shrugged.

Porcupine_in_MA

I'll pay to relocate BenTucker/Grennon/Kauffman to the moon. He'll be it's first full-time inhabitant.

dalebert

Quote from: Porcupine on August 26, 2008, 09:40 AM NHFT
I'll pay to relocate BenTucker/Grennon/Kauffman to the moon. He'll be it's first full-time inhabitant.

Deja Vu

And yes, EthanAllen was yet another of his many faces.

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote from: 'Dalebert'You guys are relatively new so may not be familiar with Bill. He argues the same points incessantly for a while, very repetitively and redundantly, attempting to divert every topic that comes up into his pet topics.

I got this sense, but thought perhaps I was just communicating my points poorly. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote from: 'Dalebert'He's an open book, and not an entertaining one but rather a really poorly written tedious and repetitive book like Atlas Shrugged.

I've heard people say that of Atlas Shrugged. Ever read "The Far Pavillions" by m.m.kaye? I don't think any book is as tedious as that, and while I actually hate the book, for some reason it's really stuck with me and (despite my better judgement) somehow keeps creeping into my brain. :(

memenode

Thanks Dale, it did seem a bit repetitive. And I was getting a little tired of that debate anyway...

Cheers

KBCraig

It was a nice, peaceful few months that we were free of Georgist diatribes.

Hang in there, this episode will pass eventually.

William

Quote from: dalebert on August 26, 2008, 09:31 AM NHFT
a really poorly written tedious and repetitive book like Atlas Shrugged.

Why I oghta... one of these days, pow - straight to the moon!

And since you'll be the only one there, guess who'll own it? ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Dales right about Grennon.  I liked AS all 6 times I have read it.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: William on August 29, 2008, 03:27 AM NHFT
Why I oghta... one of these days, pow - straight to the moon!

And since you'll be the only one there, guess who'll own it? ;D

He won't be the only one there. BenTucker/Grennon/Kauffmann will be up there with him so they'll have to work a "common ownership" scenario... :)