• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Incident that happened on 8/25/08 need advice/help *updates 7/07/09*

Started by leetninja, August 25, 2008, 09:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Josh on August 28, 2008, 11:35 AM NHFT
I too wish you the best, leet.
Maybe a dozen lawn chairs, complete with open-carrying free staters, would make the little bastards think twice about hanging around there.
Who knows, it could have even saved someone's house.
that is a cool idea

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 28, 2008, 12:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: Josh on August 28, 2008, 11:35 AM NHFT
I too wish you the best, leet.
Maybe a dozen lawn chairs, complete with open-carrying free staters, would make the little bastards think twice about hanging around there.
Who knows, it could have even saved someone's house.
that is a cool idea

Agreed. We've got your back Leet.

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote from: 'Josh'Maybe a dozen lawn chairs, complete with open-carrying free staters

Now THAT'S a brilliant idea! I think DigitalWarrior said he DID verify the fire claim, but wasn't sure yet if the report said it was arson. If it WAS arson, it would be sweet to rally around leet, get the media involved and bring the community into it. Everybody wants to be safe and communities often rally when there's a threat in it's midst.

Russell Kanning

i dont trust the fire department to tell me the truth either

leetninja

http://www.eagletribune.com/punewsnh/local_story_241010435.html

i have made none of the comments on that page.  i am being questions by my neighbors about the "real" story though.  I have only said that I didn't pull gun, nor did i cock it like the report says and if they don't believe me that the officer checked my weapon and found no round in the chamber.  he removed and inspected it.  if i HAD cocked it (which i did not) then we all know there would have been a round in the chamber.  the kids have changed their story from i pulled it and pointed, to i pulled it and pointed and racked it, and now the latest is that one of them is claiming that i pulled it, aimed it, racked it, and then held it to his head.  they are liars and punks.  i hope an officer realizes this and throws them in jail.

if packing up your grandsons with huge bags in tow WHILE A HOUSE IS BURNING DOWN ACROSS FROM YOU *doesnt* scream guilt i dont know what does.  this is getting ridiculous!

guy

Quote from: mvpel on August 28, 2008, 11:08 AM NHFTDon't be a dick, Guy.  Leet deserves the benefit of the doubt far more than the Salem Police Department ever would.

I wasn't trying to be a "dick."  I was merely expressing my opinion.  I absolutely give leet the benefit of the doubt, and I didn't say anything in support of the Salem PD.  I was, again, just voicing my opinion.  I never once expected to be called a "dick" by voicing my opinion on this forum.  Ironic.

Whatever.  I hope he's okay.

AntonLee

lastlady

leetninja

Quote from: guy on August 28, 2008, 08:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: mvpel on August 28, 2008, 11:08 AM NHFTDon't be a dick, Guy.  Leet deserves the benefit of the doubt far more than the Salem Police Department ever would.

I wasn't trying to be a "dick."  I was merely expressing my opinion.  I absolutely give leet the benefit of the doubt, and I didn't say anything in support of the Salem PD.  I was, again, just voicing my opinion.  I never once expected to be called a "dick" by voicing my opinion on this forum.  Ironic.

Whatever.  I hope he's okay.

I didn't take your comment personally or any offense.  I guess it was because in a way you were half calling me a liar it seemed.  I understand.  The story is a little weird.  More than a little.  I find it hard to believe that the PD response time to an emergency call is 45 minutes minimum as well.  I find their excuses to be BS.  I can drive from their HQ to my house in under 10 minutes observing all speed limits and red lights which they don't have to do.  They then told me it was a 20 minute drive from one end of Shore drive to the other.  I went again following all speed limits and traffic stops etc and it took me roughly 5 minutes.  With lights and sirens and horns blaring I agree with your estimate of 2-3 minutes tops

And my dog, well he did chew the camera.  I had a canon sd 850IS a really nice camera.  About 3 months ago when I was out of work (laid off) my girlfriend left it on the table and he thought it was a toy.  If you want it you can have it to be honest.  it is quite unusable but i still have it anyhow as a constant reminder (more so to her  ;D) not to leave things where the dog can get at them.  regardless, it did happen.

Also, the reason I am standing up to these kids is because they are 15 or under.  I am 25.  The elderly neighbors are afraid of them, the police don't arrest them, and their parents are pieces of work themselves which is where these brats get it from.  I refuse to be terrorized by children.  I refuse to be victimized by children.  I refuse.  Plain and simple.

i woudlnt lie.  not to anyone.  not for anyone.  not even for myself.  i firmly believe that more than most people believe "there is one person's story, and there is the other and somewhere in the middle is the truth." we have all heard that countless times.  I don't bother with a "MY" story.  I simply tell things EXACTLY as they happen.  I think any other way is a waste of everyone's time including mine.  Even if I am wrong I will admit that.  Maybe it is just the way I am.  Maybe more people are the same way, who knows.   Quite simply i feel as though if people do not believe what i say i do not have to go to great lengths to prove myself or the truth of what i say.  Just ask anyone around me that saw it.  You can ask any of them.  They will tell you what people consider that "middle/truth" story.  Funny thing is that it will be exactly the same as mine...   

mvpel

Quote from: lastlady on August 28, 2008, 11:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on August 28, 2008, 08:57 PM NHFT
don't take it so personally my friend.

What's not personal about being called a dick?
What's not personal about suggesting someone's a liar because you believe in the forthrightness and honesty of the Salem Police Department more than his own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_xABS6Brho

Watch the video of the incident, and then watch what the police officer says about the incident, and compare the two.  Maybe that will help dispel your unusual lack of suspicion with respect to reports of misconduct by the police.

Salem needs to go back to Police Work 101: "Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent upon every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence."

Duties such as attempting to prevent your neighbor's house from being burned down and successfully defending yourself against violent attack.

Sir Robert Peel made this statement in the 1830's - you'd think that after 175 years or so it would have filtered into the Salem Police Department, but apparently not.

lastlady

I'm on no side here. Just pointing out that it is all personal.

leetninja

Ok,

i need a lawyer.  better than the unresponsive one i have now. 

the sherrif just rolled up.  tried to issue a restraining order against "steven pevin" who drives my car according to police.  this is from the parents on behalf of the black kid that had the lighter in one hand and the gas can in the other.  the one that was carted off by his grandmother while a house was burning down.  the house that he was seen in the yard with a gas can fleeing! 

they had the wrong name so i couldnt be server.  i called the porc411 immidiately when the officer arrived.  my phone died and i had to call back.  i called back with an update.  i left my name number and email. 

i dont know what to do!

FTL_Ian

Just a suggestion.  Don't answer the door for the cops, no matter what they say.

leetninja

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 29, 2008, 05:43 PM NHFT
Just a suggestion.  Don't answer the door for the cops, no matter what they say.

can i even do that?  the officer was walking around the back of my property when i came to the door

guy

You said there were witnesses to both incidents.  You should see if you can get those witnesses to testify at the restraining order hearing.