• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Incident that happened on 8/25/08 need advice/help *updates 7/07/09*

Started by leetninja, August 25, 2008, 09:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

Pure honest criticism here...

You're carrying a gun, which is within your rights, but scares the shit out of most people. Everything you say and do will be scrutinized. When you walked out to the man yelling at you and baited him with the "What are you gonna do about it?" you're escalating the situation. If you HONESTLY fear this person will be violent to you, the last thing you want to do is escalate. And if you DON'T really fear for your life, take a nice hard look at how frequently your firearm factors into this whole thing because I assure you, most other people are.

Call a lawyer. Stop talking people to people who are OBVIOUSLY tense and irritable. Stop talking to the police!

Quote from: 'leetninja'I am also trying to find more information on Citizen's Arrest.

It doesn't exist. You said you're not trying to be a vigilante, but it seems like you are, frankly. You have the right and ability to reasonably react to emminent threats, not to keep people on the sidewalk until a police officer shows up.

Quote from: 'leetninja'Unfortunately my girlfriend made the mistake of leaving my nice digital camera on the table and my dog decided at that moment to be a chewer while we were gone.  So I am left with no digital camera.

Video, not still, just incase that's not clear. You need audio and gestures to really create some security for yourself. And this is worth repeating - stop engaging people! You had the good fortune to stumble upon an arson that you thwarted, which ended up with you being questioned for threatening kids with a gun, whcih resulted in someone coming to your house threatening you which resulted in more police and a chewed up camera. Is it not clear to you yet that the universe isn't going to be kind to you? The only one who can deescalate this situation is you. You're obviously safe enough right now to post on an internet forum so sit back and regroup. Acting with adreneline pumping and tempers flaring will not result in the best outcome.

error

Quote from: DigitalWarrior on August 26, 2008, 08:53 PM NHFT
If you want my contact info, please write me at DigitalWarrior@gmail.com.  I cannot get Porc911 messages quick enough since they come in WAVs and the gmail app will not play it.

You should talk to me about this sort of thing, so I can try to figure out some way to fix or work around it.

error

Pat McCotter

Quote from: error on August 27, 2008, 12:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: DigitalWarrior on August 26, 2008, 08:53 PM NHFT
If you want my contact info, please write me at DigitalWarrior@gmail.com.  I cannot get Porc911 messages quick enough since they come in WAVs and the gmail app will not play it.

You should talk to me about this sort of thing, so I can try to figure out some way to fix or work around it.

If you use Windows (no comments, error! ;D) I use a small program called Billy to run WAV and MP3 files. It is associated with these and I am able to play the Porc411 files from my Yahoo mail browser page.

error

No comments? OK, how about questions? Why are you still using Windows? :)

Pat McCotter

I have Ubuntu installed and use it once in a while learning, OK?! It's just that I have over 20 years of MS stuff crammed into my head and hardwired into my fingers that it takes time!!!

At least I do use small programs to do little things! I don't use Windows Media player!

Russell Kanning

I wouldn't recommend cops or lawyers. But then I also wouldn't recommend yelling at kids on bikes. Maybe you should be going at this a different way. But I may be wrong.
I hope things get better soon.

error

I wouldn't recommend burning other people's property with gasoline and a lighter, either.

DigitalWarrior

I am using a blackberry cell phone with the gmail plug in.  At home I run Ubuntu, Fedora and Windows.  It looks like there is a somewhat painful workaround I am going to look into.

Most cheap digitals have the ability to take video.

Josh

My understanding is that Citizen's Arrest (properly known as "Any Person Arrest") can be used WHENEVER a felony is committed in your presence, and you may use whatever force is required to detain the offender until turning him/her over to the proper authorities. This is why cops get really rough when people even remotely resist. They are using whatever force is required (with their discretion, of course  ::)).

What would make me a little nervous is wondering what, if any, access these little bastards have to firearms.

Good luck.

mvpel

Under RSA 627:7, deadly force is allowable when the actor reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent a trespasser from attempting to commit arson.

I recall there's been problems with Salem before with respect to their treatment of law-abiding gun owners, it's quite offensive that they're treating a resident and a victim of the criminal actions of these youths like a criminal.  The swaggering pricks should show up sooner than an hour later if they want to lecture people about what a concealed carry license entitles them to do.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: error on August 27, 2008, 08:04 AM NHFT
I wouldn't recommend burning other people's property with gasoline and a lighter, either.
those guys didn't come on this forum asking 4 advice :)
they get it from their sweet grandma

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

leet please get  a video camera and start recording what's happening 

get one you can carry in your pocket ideally

i probably have one you can borrow if you want to travel to manch to pick it up.

at least call 413 0411 and get an audio recording

but always inform everyone around that audio recording is in progress, otherwise you could open yourself to wiretapping charges.   

leetninja