• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Standing at government school with "Report school abuses here" sign?

Started by TackleTheWorld, August 24, 2008, 05:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Porcupine_in_MA

No, and most kids I knew didn't think about it in the terms of the school forcing them to be there, but their parents forcing them.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 27, 2008, 07:23 PM NHFT
The second one shouted at us as we were leaving.  He said if we came back and stood on school property we would get a ticket for trespassing. 

If we could get a bigger group, we could all "trespass" and hang out by the front doors.  How many cops will they bring out to arrest us?  Is it "public property" or not?  Those fuckers get 60% of the property tax extraction and will have me arrested for visiting the campus I am paying through the nose for?

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 28, 2008, 12:31 PM NHFT
Those fuckers get 60% of the property tax extraction and will have me arrested for coming on the campus I am paying through the nose for?

Yep.

FTL_Ian

In their own rules, the first amendment says there's a right to peaceably assemble.  It's fun to ask the bureaucrats if they have even read their constitution.  So far the responses have been "no" and ignoring the question.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Porcupine on August 28, 2008, 12:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 28, 2008, 12:31 PM NHFT
Those fuckers get 60% of the property tax extraction and will have me arrested for coming on the campus I am paying through the nose for?

Yep.

Dude, I got arrested for being in city hall during a city council meeting.

but I remember the cop saying tickets, not arrests.

FTL_Ian

Well, I won't take their ticket.  It's theirs, not mine.  Does this sound interesting to anyone?

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 28, 2008, 03:05 PM NHFT
Well, I won't take their ticket.  It's theirs, not mine.  Does this sound interesting to anyone?

Only if you have a good reason to be there. Otherwise they will spin it as you were a threat or impediment to school activity and refused to leave

FTL_Ian

We were there when school got out.  We were not interfering in their school day.

TackleTheWorld

>:D

FTL_Ian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 28, 2008, 04:37 PM NHFT
>:D

I would think we should have at least four people.  Ideally more.  Someone will need a cel with Porc411 at the ready.  I wonder if the news media cameraman will get ticketed, too.

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 28, 2008, 12:39 PM NHFT
In their own rules, the first amendment says there's a right to peaceably assemble.  It's fun to ask the bureaucrats if they have even read their constitution.  So far the responses have been "no" and ignoring the question.

Huh?
The US Constitution First Amendment is a restriction on Congress. I don't think the trespass is federal.

Giggan

One unfortunate aspect of gov't schools is you're taught not to notice what you're not being taught. I didn't dislike my schooling for what it was until I was paroled ("graduated") and educated myself. Though I always hated the prison aspect.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 28, 2008, 04:55 PM NHFT
I would think we should have at least four people.  Ideally more.  Someone will need a cel with Porc411 at the ready.  I wonder if the news media cameraman will get ticketed, too.
I guess it very well could happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPPAwo3_7d0