• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visit a park in Manchester after 11PM or before 7AM

Started by J’raxis 270145, August 27, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

peacenic

Nothing like a little constructive disobedience to stir things up, eh?

I thought more people in NH at least had at least somewhat of a clue.   ::)  There are a few supportive comments, which shows at least some people get it.  But ugh, it makes me sick to read so many people advocating aggression against Dave.

Question from someone not yet in NH:  Has there been much discussion about referring to ourselves as free staters less?  It seems a lot of people view us as outsiders, which appears to give people an excuse to write us off before examining the issue.  They view the movement as an invasion.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 03, 2008, 10:45 AM NHFT
Wow, people are really angry about this.

I hope they either get a clue or move away, cause it's only going to keep happening and more often.

All the negative comments just remind me that "it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen to set brush fires in people's minds." — Samuel Adams.

dalebert

I don't really see subtlety as an option. It seems that if your goal is changing minds, and the current mindset is that way due to a thorough life-long indoctrination process, there's no subtle way to change that. Discomfort is almost inevitably the first stage, a.k.a. cognitive dissonance. There's some famous comment, can't recall exactly but I think it was someone in Keene, about us trying to shove freedom down their throats. The statement itself shows how much he doesn't get it with the inherent hypocrisy. I guess I'm saying that those who are made uncomfortable by the notion of an FSP invasion are probably people we want to get uncomfortable. Maybe they'll get so uncomfortable that they'll participate in the Free Lunch Project.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: dalebert on September 04, 2008, 08:32 AM NHFT
I guess I'm saying that those who are made uncomfortable by the notion of an FSP invasion are probably people we want to get uncomfortable. Maybe they'll get so uncomfortable that they'll participate in the Free Lunch Project.

QFT

Dave Ridley

my rule is...never bring up the free state project to local reporters
but if they ask you about it, don't try to downplay it .  The more you downplay something, the more they will want to focus on that thing.

they'll always ask you about it if you're doing civil disobedience type stuff
they'll rarely ask you about it if your doing politics.

Here's how to work with the media:

http://freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/mediarelations.php

Dave Ridley

comments on the UnionLeader article are almost exactly 40% favorable 60% unfavorable.  that is absolutely acceptable.

peacenic

Quote from: dalebert on September 04, 2008, 08:32 AM NHFT
I guess I'm saying that those who are made uncomfortable by the notion of an FSP invasion are probably people we want to get uncomfortable. Maybe they'll get so uncomfortable that they'll participate in the Free Lunch Project.

Yeah, good point.  Free lunch project   :D

I agree, the number of supportive comments is much higher than I would expect in other parts of the country.  As far as the negatives, I guess I should not be so surprised.  To me it's proof that most statists fail to see the violence of their ways. 

Porcupine_in_MA

The US is an highly authoritarian country, NH included.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: lastlady on August 28, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFTThis is just madness to me. How do these jack boot thugs sleep at night?
very well ... in their bed paid for by taxpayers

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 28, 2008, 07:49 AM NHFTand it goes against a rule that is enforced , rather than one which probably isn't.

thoughts?

I like the idea.
The manchester cops are second to the fed thugs on the list of bad guys in nh. They should be target #2.
Have fun storming the castle. :)

Could the rebel alliance wookie visit the park earlyf?

Giggan

Hahaha, now that's a great idea, wookie disobedience! The only thing I'd see negative about that is the public not taking us seriously, err...less seriously than they reguarly would. It may come across even more as though we're being disobedient just for kicks or to be mischeivous. Wookie appearances might work to our advantage at larger events though, when no one can deny a portion of a group takes the event very seriously.

Luke S

I think the Free Lunch Project page is hilarious. It really exposes communitarians for what they truly are: a bunch of stinky, slimy raccoons. It would be better for everyone if they all moved to Sweden (a country which, btw, you should have put as an option for the Free Lunch Project but for whatever reason didn't).

J’raxis 270145

The litter pickup ran from 06:00 to a few minutes before 07:00, and then Dave did his illegal puppet show, this time about Russell's arrest in an IRS office. A reporter from the Union Leader was there, who interviewed us all briefly, and Dave for quite a while. Biker Bill and myself filmed the event. Andrew Carroll, Mike from CA, and Mackler also showed up to help out.

A bunch of cops drove by. None of them stopped to harass us. Right when we got there (ca. 05:50), we saw a jogger entering the park, who also went unmolested. A homeless woman was sleeping on a bench outside the park, along Elm St., but during the curfew hours, we didn't see any other homeless in the park.

About ten minutes after the curfew ended (07:00) a cop drove by, looked at Dave's ILLEGAL GATHERING sign, and actually looked at his watch as he passed. (I didn't see this myself; Andrew C. caught it.)

Russell Kanning

haha

nice to know they have the homeless outside the park now ... hate to see them sleep on grass on a warm night or anything

excellent work boys ... and thanks for the quick report