• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visit a park in Manchester after 11PM or before 7AM

Started by J’raxis 270145, August 27, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

lastlady

Quote from: error on August 28, 2008, 12:19 AM NHFT
This is about cracking down on the homeless.

Those damn homeless! How dare they try to sleep or find comfort anywhere on this Earth. This is just madness to me. How do these jack boot thugs sleep at night? No I am not surprised, but somehow it still pissing me off. Coming from a family that became homeless it touches a nerve when human beings without shelter are treated as criminals.

FTL_Ian

Fuck just being in the park.  Make it a party!  Bring alcohol and weed.

Even if you choose to just be there and that's it, it's great to see some civil disobedience in Manchester!   :icon_pirat:

KBCraig

Quote from: lastlady on August 28, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT

Those damn homeless! How dare they try to sleep or find comfort anywhere on this Earth. This is just madness to me. How do these jack boot thugs sleep at night? No I am not surprised, but somehow it still pissing me off.

It's time to direct your pissed-offedness towards the people of Manchester who demanded that the streets be cleaned up, the prostitutes and bums be run off (at least out of sight or to another neighborhood), etc.

Mara was hired to "clean up" the city. The public hew and cry is what has led to this.

lastlady

Quote from: KBCraig on August 28, 2008, 08:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: lastlady on August 28, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT

Those damn homeless! How dare they try to sleep or find comfort anywhere on this Earth. This is just madness to me. How do these jack boot thugs sleep at night? No I am not surprised, but somehow it still pissing me off.

It's time to direct your pissed-offedness towards the people of Manchester who demanded that the streets be cleaned up, the prostitutes and bums be run off (at least out of sight or to another neighborhood), etc.

Mara was hired to "clean up" the city. The public hew and cry is what has led to this.

It's not just Manchester it's the whole damn country and probably the whole damn world. We don't like to look at things we don't like to look at. And instead of dealing with long term solutions we just want to push them out somewhere else. Out of sight out of mind. Hell lets just do what Rudy Giuliani did and just give all the homeless poison muffins and kill them. Ever wonder how NY got so cleaned up? Ever wonder where all those homeless went? Anyway getting off topic as usual.

Can't wait to see the video of the party in the park.

Dave Ridley

Sent to union leader as an LTE

---

Open Letter to Manchester Police Chief David Mara
Illegal litter pickup to defy curfew

Dear Chief Mara:

On August 27 the Union Leader reported your organization has begun extorting money from harmless, average citizens...simply for being in Manchester parks between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.  Statements by your own enforcers appear to corroborate this.

It's one thing to fine people for causing harm, another to go after them when they pose no threat....one thing to issue warnings, another to force money out of pockets.  Your department aggresses all-to-often against the harmless, shaking them down instead of protecting them.  But who protects them from you?

In protest of your questionable practices I will "illegally" enter Veterans' Park at 6:00 a.m. on Friday, September 5th.  I will conduct beautification activities in violation of your greedily-enforced curfew.  I invite others to join me in this unlawful litter pickup.  Details are at Calendar.NHFree.com

If fined for this small constructive endeavor, I won't pay.  If your enforcers order me to leave, I won't comply.  You'll need to choose between attacking or ignoring us.  If you choose the latter, expect us to return at a later date; expect us to bring more people, expect us to peaceably repeat the "crime."

With increasing disappointment in your authoritarian reign,

Dave Ridley
412 Central
Manchester

Giggan

Wow, I miss New Hampshire already. And I agree, morning CD at the park will be received much better. It should even be light out by 6am, who won't agree the park should be open in the daylight?

J’raxis 270145

Luke S

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 28, 2008, 09:17 AM NHFT
here's a draft note for bureaucrats if we decide to move forward with this... thoughts?  suggested improvements?

Dear ____:

On August 27 the New Hampshire Union Leader reported your organization has begun extorting money from harmless, average citizens..simply for being in Manchester parks between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. 

It's one thing to fine people for causing harm, another to go after them when they pose no threat.  It's one thing to issue warnings, another to force money out of pockets.  Your department aggresses all to often against the harmless, shaking them down instead of protecting them.  But who protects them from you? 

In protest of your questionable practices - and in support of your victims - I will "illegally" enter Veterans' Park at 6:00 a.m. on ______.  I and perhaps others will conduct beautification activities in violation of your greedily enforced curfew.

If fined for this constructive endeavor, I won't pay.  If your enforcers order me to leave, I won't comply.  You'll need to choose between attacking or ignoring us.  If you choose the latter, expect us to return at a later date; expect us to bring more people, expect us to peaceably repeat the "crime."

With increasing disappointment in your authoritarian reign,

Dave Ridley
NHFree.com

Dave Ridley, are you going to have the puppet show and all the other stuff too, or are you going to just go in the park?

Luke S

Quote from: lastlady on August 28, 2008, 08:38 PM NHFT
ts just do what Rudy Giuliani did and just give all the homeless poison muffins and kill them. Ever wonder how NY got so cleaned up? Ever wonder where all those homeless went?

Do you have any evidence of this? Did Guliani really give they poison muffins?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Luke the Truthteller on August 30, 2008, 10:57 AM NHFT
ts just do what Rudy Giuliani did and just give all the homeless poison muffins and kill them. Ever wonder how NY got so cleaned up? Ever wonder where all those homeless went?

No idea about that, but here is the stuff that's proven that Ghouliani did do.

lastlady

Quote from: Luke the Truthteller on August 30, 2008, 10:57 AM NHFT

No evidence. I was being a bit sarcastic about the muffins but from personal first hand experience with the homeless in NYC there is much speculation of many people disappearing off the streets after being taken away by his goons to never ever to be seen again.

Luke S

To be honest, folks, I don't live anywhere near NYC, and I do not and never have followed NYC politics.

If he did anything bad like that to his own citizens, then Guliani should, as any mayor who does or did such a thing should, be held criminally accountable for his actions.

But before I call for that to happen, I'm going to need more evidence than a simple "We don't know where those people went." They could simply have finally gotten fed up with NYC and simply moved out for all we know.

error

The homeless in NYC got run out of midtown for the large part by the NYPD. Anybody who didn't move fast enough wound up in jail. I imagine it's possible some of them are still there. In jail, that is. There are far fewer homeless in midtown Manhattan than you'd expect.

I recall hearing rumors of homeless being warehoused, literally in warehouses, decommissioned ships, and many other things, but I have no clue where they all really went. I could probably find out with a little work.

peacenic

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 27, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

"A lot of us are afraid to go home because of the simple fact that there is no one home at night," added Felicia Wilson, 22, of 120 Myrtle St.

humor