• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visit a park in Manchester after 11PM or before 7AM

Started by J’raxis 270145, August 27, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

The paper here publishes in the afternoon on weekdays, so wasn't sure if that was the same there.

Russell Kanning

Pat McCotter

They publish daily ... umm ... overnight.

And their website seems to follow their paper for stories. Nothing raw seems to be put there.

KBCraig

The UL website does update for major or breaking stories. I doubt they would categorize this story that way.

Giggan

Front Page story, in all caps,

"DAVE RIDLEY NOT ARRESTED IN MANCHESTER"

Pat McCotter

Quote from: KBCraig on September 05, 2008, 07:31 PM NHFT
The UL website does update for major or breaking stories. I doubt they would categorize this story that way.

You mean like this story?
STALEMATE: Guinta won't let aldermen go home
;)

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=15244.msg258202#msg258202

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat McCotter on September 05, 2008, 08:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on September 05, 2008, 07:31 PM NHFT

You mean like this story?
STALEMATE: Guinta won't let aldermen go home
;)

Ayup. And when the final story broke (that the Gang of 8 refused to allow the ballot vote), within an hour there was a story with over 30 comments posted.

J’raxis 270145

FTL_Ian

Did you intend to link to an article about the park protest?

Pat McCotter

KBCraig

There's a video at the UL link.

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=35c5a18b-d0c7-41b8-ae79-9a3b24c79d4e

Curfew protest ignored by police

Police on Friday ignored a protest of their city parks curfew crackdown.

A handful of protesters violated the city's parks curfew while collecting litter in Veterans Memorial Park.

The act of civil disobedience was organized after police began issuing dozens of summonses last month to people in the park during the curfew.

The curfew is 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., except in parks where there is playground equipment. There the curfew is 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.

Violating the curfew carries a $50 fine.

Police have said the crackdown is part of an enforcement effort to head off more serious quality of life issues.

During the hour-long protest, police cruisers passed by the park at least eight times, sometimes driving along Elm Street and others detouring east onto Central Street. None stopped and only one officer seemed to glance their way.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: KBCraig on September 07, 2008, 10:43 AM NHFT
There's a video at the UL link.

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=35c5a18b-d0c7-41b8-ae79-9a3b24c79d4e

Thanks. I left a comment letting the MPD know I plan to continue walking through the property I already paid for the "public" parks as I choose, regardless of their threats.

Dave Ridley

OK my brainstorm right now is to have another litter pickup at 6:30 a.m. followed by an illegal 7:30 a.m. jog around city hall.  You're not supposed to jog in manchester without wearing a blaze orange vest.   of course, somewhere in there i would again violate all the other laws we've been violating...the puppet show law, the milk container law, the minimum wage law, etc.

I'm thinking the date on this would be Friday 9/19

I'm thinking we follow it up at 8 am by simply staying at city hall and having a demonstration 8a - 9a against the spending cap obstruction going on.

thoughts?

KBCraig

It would make for good video if your "jog" was slow-mo and showed you being overtaken by walkers.  ;)

For that matter, define "jogging". Difference between jogging and running? Between jogging and speed-walking?