• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visit a park in Manchester after 11PM or before 7AM

Started by J’raxis 270145, August 27, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on September 12, 2008, 10:53 PM NHFT
It would make for good video if your "jog" was slow-mo and showed you being overtaken by walkers.  ;)

LOL...that would be good. :D

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 12, 2008, 12:31 PM NHFT
OK my brainstorm right now is to have another litter pickup at 6:30 a.m. followed by an illegal 7:30 a.m. jog around city hall.  You're not supposed to jog in manchester without wearing a blaze orange vest.   of course, somewhere in there i would again violate all the other laws we've been violating...the puppet show law, the milk container law, the minimum wage law, etc.

I'm thinking the date on this would be Friday 9/19

I'm thinking we follow it up at 8 am by simply staying at city hall and having a demonstration 8a - 9a against the spending cap obstruction going on.

thoughts?

Overall, I like it.

This Friday may be another sobriety checkpoint, too.

Dave Ridley

how about switching it to late night tuesday sept 23, here is the blueprint:

(TENTATIVE):

What:  proposed 2nd Illegal litter pickup, other constructive lawbreaking
When:  10:45 - 11:45 p.m., Tuesday September 23, 2008
Where: Veterans Memorial Park, 889 Elm St., Manchester New Hampshire.  Starting on west side.
Why: Protest recent Manchester police shakedowns.  MPD has been fining (without warning) average,
  harmless people for simply being in city parks at the wrong hour.
How:  We'll clean litter from the park at a time when citizens are forbidden from being there. In the process I and perhaps others will violate five bad 
  laws/ordinances.  There will be illegal placement of trash into milk containers, illegal hiring of citizens, illegal jogging without orange vests, an illegal puppet show.
Who:  Dave Ridley, 42, from Manchester + friends from NHFree.com. Projected turnout: 15.

Luke S

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 15, 2008, 12:26 PM NHFT

(TENTATIVE):

Where: Veterans Memorial Park, 889 Elm St., Manchester New Hampshire.  Starting on west side.
Why: Protest recent Manchester police shakedowns.  MPD has been fining (without warning) average,
How:  We'll clean litter from the park at a time when citizens are forbidden from being there. In the process I and perhaps others will violate five bad 
  laws/ordinances.  There will be illegal placement of trash into milk containers, illegal hiring of citizens, illegal jogging without orange vests, an illegal puppet show.
Who:  Dave Ridley, 42, from Manchester + friends from NHFree.com. Projected turnout: 15.

Are you going to write the police another letter talking about how you are appalled at their bad behavior towards the people of Manchester?

Luke S

BTW where is the law saying it's illegal to jog without an orange vest?

Dave Ridley

ya good thought if one of you could post a link  or upload text of the ordinance that would help .

i should see that before I set anything up

Dave Ridley

amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/New%20Hampshire/manchest/cityofmanchesternewhampshirecodeofordina?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:manchester_nh

§ 130.05  JOGGERS ON CITY STREETS; VISIBILITY.

No person shall jog or run on any city street without wearing appropriately colored clothing, such as orange, so as to be clearly visible to motorists during daylight hours. No person shall jog or run on any city street without wearing appropriately luminescent clothing, such as a safety vest, running suit, or reflective tape so as to be clearly visible to motorists during nighttime hours and at dawn or dusk.

('71 Code, § 17-16) (Ord. passed 8-5-86)  Penalty, see § 130.99

Dave Ridley

so we'll need to run on the street some, rather than just the sidewalk, for it to be a violation.  is there a section of street near vets park where running on the street is necessary because of problems with the sidewalk?  Maybe we could jog across a crosswalk.  I dont really want to run out on the streets in a place where you could easily use the sidewalk or what not.

Luke S

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 15, 2008, 01:06 PM NHFT
amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/New%20Hampshire/manchest/cityofmanchesternewhampshirecodeofordina?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:manchester_nh

§ 130.05  JOGGERS ON CITY STREETS; VISIBILITY.

No person shall jog or run on any city street without wearing appropriately colored clothing, such as orange, so as to be clearly visible to motorists during daylight hours. No person shall jog or run on any city street without wearing appropriately luminescent clothing, such as a safety vest, running suit, or reflective tape so as to be clearly visible to motorists during nighttime hours and at dawn or dusk.

('71 Code, § 17-16) (Ord. passed 8-5-86)  Penalty, see § 130.99

Dave, my browser is giving me a "Problem Loading Page" error every time I type in that link, but I'll believe you that this ordinance is real.

Giggan

Visible during daylight hours? I'd imagine anything you'd wear would be visible during daylight hours.

Has anyone heard of someone being ticketed for not having proper markings during daylight hours? Because it doesn't seem applicable, the way its written. Anything is visible during the day.

Nighttime, it sounds like you do need something reflective or eye catching.

Lloyd Danforth

Jennifer

(TENTATIVE):

I like it since I'll be in town for Taproom.

J’raxis 270145

(TENTATIVE):

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to stop announcing ahead of time when we're going to do these things. I think it's more than obvious at this point that the police know when we're all going to be there, so they go out of their way to avoid us. But this of course can't be proven conclusively.

So, if we just start showing up at the park at random dates and times (via ad hoc organizing at Taproom Tuesday, for example), they won't know ahead of time that it's us, and will actually come out to enforce the law. So then, what will they do when they see it's us? Harass us? Or turn around and leave—thus proving that they're willfully not enforcing these laws.

Giggan

Good point. What I'm thinking is if there are laws they won't enforce with you guys specifically, but would with people they suspect aren't doing it as CD, you get a new face in there who will get ticketed/harassed, then in court everyone go and question why the law is being selectively enforced.

Dave Ridley

i'm thinking about ditching the 9/23 illegal litter pickup as a way of thanking mpd for their defense of ryan marvin against the secret service on saturday.    also i cannot find any other reports of new police shakedowns in the parks...tho i 'm checking.

technically i did not promise to repeat the act, but said they should "expect" us to.  so i feel i have enough wiggle room to cancel if that seems appropriate.