• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Illegal hot dog stand

Started by David, September 02, 2008, 12:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

The 15th, a Monday, I will be operating an illegal hot dog stand for a few hours.  I have yet to work out the details, (yes I even procrastinate on civ dis  :blush:  ) but I figure about lunch time.  maybe dinner.  I haven't decided where.  maybe the railroad square. 
Details: Will be updated in this original post as needed.
Where: likely railroad square in Keene.  If a city permited event is there that day, I will 'rent' a parking spot nearby.   ;D
When: Monday the 15th, starting around 11:00 am and going threw lunch. 
Why: To protest the management of other peoples livelyhoods by the city gov't.
Slogan: Hot Dogs so good they're illegal.   ;D

This is a demonstration on the right to earn a livelyhood, and in opposition to licenses and permits ect.  It was provoked by my indignation at the city's 'managing' of permit issues with other vendors, most recently a licensed hot dog cart.  But at various times they considered their permissions on outdoor seating for downtown restuarants, and the other outdoor venders, and their desire to plan and control every aspect of activity downtown. 

I will donate 10% of sales to the Liberty Schollarship Fund. 

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

I should be back in town in time for this.  Very cool, David.   :icon_pirat:

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote from: 'David'Slogan: Hot Dogs so good they should be illegal.

May I suggest "are illegal". That's kinda the whole CD point. :D

Glad to see you going through with this!  :clap:

FTL_Ian

I believe it is the sale that is "illegal".

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: David on September 02, 2008, 12:33 PM NHFT
Where: likely railroad square.  If a city permited event is there that day, I will 'rent' a parking spot nearby.   ;D

This sounds great. But where is this? You say Railroad Square. But where is that? Keene? Concord? Manchester? Nottingham?

FTL_Ian

AnarchoJesse

How much you selling the hotdogs for?

Kat Kanning

Will you have any vegan hot dogs?  ;)

Porcupine_in_MA

Pat McCotter

KBCraig

Instead of "lawdogs", these could be "outlawdogs".  ;)

David

Quote from: KBCraig on September 02, 2008, 08:07 PM NHFT
Instead of "lawdogs", these could be "outlawdogs".  ;)

I like that. 
Nope no vegan dogs, or ones made with vegans.  I consider Scott and Ron friends.   :)

Russell Kanning

cool idea ... we are usually not there on Mondays ... so we will probably not be able to buy any ... otherwise I would.
I think railroad square would be good. You could also be very mobile, so you are not annoying any one store.
I can picture a free rickshaw (with advertising) that sells hotdogs. :) You could sell to underage college kids.

David

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on September 02, 2008, 01:48 PM NHFT
How much you selling the hotdogs for?
Don't know yet.
I certainly will not pressure anyone here to buy them. 
Ran into Lt. Maxfield.  He asked me about the hot dogging.   :)  Since I expect at least a 50% chance of being arrested, if I don't procrastinate too much, I will have a flyer specific to law enforcement with an emphasise on choosing to 'Arrest me or Ignore me'.