• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Illegal hot dog stand

Started by David, September 02, 2008, 12:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Yeah, that was me. While I don't have plans to start any of my own activism yet, I do plan to participate in as much as I can, including video- and still-image-recording.

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 05, 2008, 01:44 PM NHFT
So, yeah.  Back to the topic.

Anyone else coming out to buy a hotdog?

I expect I will be able to make it.

Russell Kanning

aren't street hotdog vendors about convenience?
sometime I will cross paths with the outlaw hotdogger ... and will buy one :)

dalebert

Quote from: exCA Mike on September 04, 2008, 12:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on September 04, 2008, 12:32 PM NHFT
This reminds me of when I was dating a Jewish guy. I asked him if I should have my wiener blessed by a Rabbi so it will be kosher.
Uhhh, Jewish guys do more than just bless their wieners. :)

Right, but they're not supposed to eat anything that's not kosher?  ;)

David

Quote from: exCA Mike on September 05, 2008, 02:38 PM NHFT
Yeah, that was me. While I don't have plans to start any of my own activism yet, I do plan to participate in as much as I can, including video- and still-image-recording.
Do what you feel comfortable doing.   :)
Thanks for the support and jokes. 

Kat Kanning

Just call us the Weiner Support Team.

Pat K

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 06, 2008, 06:49 AM NHFT
Just call us the Weiner Support Team.

I thought Reverend Ryan was the Weiner Support Team.  :-\

FTL_Ian

I saw the Weinermobile on Island St. in Keene recently!   ::)

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 05, 2008, 03:31 PM NHFT
aren't street hotdog vendors about convenience?
sometime I will cross paths with the outlaw hotdogger ... and will buy one :)
That should be the focus, people tend to focus on the civ dis aspect of it because an unlicensed business is illegal, but the focus of it should be just running a business. 

Russell Kanning

plus you could actually make customers happy and make money :)

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 07, 2008, 04:30 AM NHFT
plus you could actually make customers happy and make money :)

Not that!  Horrors!

Coconut

I only hope you don't draw negative feelings from the hotdog stand guy that inspired this. You know... a "I had to get a license so he should to" feeling. Especially since you may be in direct competition.

FTL_Ian

Valid concern.  How can we communicate to him that he doesn't have to get a license?  They just want to scare him into thinking he does.

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 07, 2008, 11:49 AM NHFT
Valid concern.  How can we communicate to him that he doesn't have to get a license?  They just want to scare him into thinking he does.

Are you claiming they don't pose a real threat that he should fear? I'm not sure that's honest. If a robber points a gun at you and orders you to hand over your wallet, I could honestly tell you that you are not morally obligated to hand over your wallet but I can't honestly tell you that the robber doesn't pose a threat and that you should not be afraid of him.

It's up to the victim of the robber to decide whether to hand over his wallet. Lots of people value their lives (or freedom) more than their wallet. It's a decision we each have to choose for ourselves. David is choosing not to submit and I admire that, but I won't fault the guy for choosing to submit to the robber. He has to decide for himself what he values most. That's an important part of freedom. I feel we must do whatever we can to help as many people as possible to see the robber for what he really is. That illusion is the state's "gun", much more powerful than any metal guns they own.