• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Illegal hot dog stand

Started by David, September 02, 2008, 12:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 15, 2008, 06:34 AM NHFT
I think this is more like a cool business than civ dis. :)
That is the idea.  :)
Quote from: Josh on September 15, 2008, 11:10 AM NHFT
Does anyone have jack boots on their neck yet?  >:D
They never bothered me.
Quote from: dalebert on September 15, 2008, 11:46 AM NHFT
I don't think most people knew he was selling anything. He needs a more prominent sign instead of a piece of paper you only see if you come up and look into the cooler.
I suffered from lack of visibility.  A bit windy also. 

The best possible situation happened, they left me alone.  I appreciate that. 

FTL_Ian

I'm sorry I didn't make it.  Got back to town at 6am when I was expecting midnight!

Congratulations on the success!  As I recall, Maxfield was aware that you'd be there - so it's not like they didn't know.  Did anyone ever figure out how to get in touch with the other hot dog guy?

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 15, 2008, 03:09 PM NHFTDid anyone ever figure out how to get in touch with the other hot dog guy?

Show up at his stand and talk to him?

Caleb

How about one of those big dry-erase boards and a big card table with the cooler on top? Cheap, but also very visible.

Coconut

A lot of good ideas. I hope if David decides to do this again, he will ask and accept help from some people on sign/presentation design. It's enough work already gathering food supplies.

FTL_Ian

Perhaps he should set up out front of city hall?   >:D

J’raxis 270145

Congratulations on not getting harassed. Your cops must be learning from the Manch cops how to willfully ignore enforcing laws. ;D

David

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 15, 2008, 08:01 PM NHFT
Perhaps he should set up out front of city hall?   >:D
It is fun to provoke our would be rulers,   :icon_pirat:  but the police did exactly what I wanted them to do, why push it? 

FTL_Ian

Quote from: David on September 16, 2008, 10:08 AM NHFT
It is fun to provoke our would be rulers,   :icon_pirat:  but the police did exactly what I wanted them to do, why push it? 

Alright, what's your next step?   :icon_pirat:

Russell Kanning

plus ... noone eats hot dogs in front of the police station

maybe he could run a new business :)

David

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 16, 2008, 12:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: David on September 16, 2008, 10:08 AM NHFT

Alright, what's your next step?   :icon_pirat:
Haven't decided yet. 
Me likey Russells idea.  But that takes some serious thought, and organization if I want to do it right.  Maybe gyros.  http://www.kronosproducts.com/r-gyros.html
   8)  Don't quote me on it though. 

Russell Kanning

I was thinking the same thing .... something different then hotdogs .... gyros or burritos :)

Porcupine_in_MA

dalebert

You could offer a popular British dessert!

The Straight Dope on The Origin of the Name
QuoteCan you shed any light on the etymology of "Spotted Dick"?

The earliest recipes for spotted dick are from 1847. For non-British readers, "spotted dick" is a boiled suet pudding, with bits of dried fruit (usually raisins or currants) that (as already noted) look like little spots.

Pat K

Wow the can indicates that they even have a "new recipe" !