• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Would a lot of people report their governments abuse?

Started by memenode, September 02, 2008, 07:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

memenode

I will up front say that I'm asking this as part of my "market research" so to speak, as I am looking to start a lucrative project, but ideally seek to do something that can at the same time contribute the cause of liberty and thus be consistent with my interests.

So the question is, do you think a lot of people would actively want to report their government when it abuses them or their neighbors or their co-inhabitants in a given land if they could do it easily and anonymously? And when I say alot I mean so much that they could sustain a steady stream of reports of government abuse from all around the world.

The idea is to start a digg like web site where people could submit reports of abuses and then turn the volume up or down on any specific report to indicate the severity of the abuse. People from all over the world could submit reports. They'd just have to specify their country from a list or just enter it as a tag so that it is known which government is doing the abuse. Reports can include such things as protester clamp downs (similar to what we're seeing on DNC), breaking into people's houses, arrests perceived as illegitimate (either to the imposed law or the morals of the reporter), heinous new laws that clamp down on people's liberties etc.

I have a candidate domain for it, whether I'll go with it or not. It's ServitudeNation.com and a slogan I came up with is "Who do you serve and who do you trust?" which is something I remembered from a scifi series Babylon 5. "Who" here implies the government and the question kinda infers "Is this who you serve and trust?".

I want to focus on one major project at a time and this one has competition. Another one is a blog about self liberation and self growth, but I could go for something entirely else. I have a financial goal in mind so that's largely dictating which way I will go.

Any opinions appreciated. :)

Thanks

K. Darien Freeheart

I don't know, I think something like that has the opportunity to backfire. Cory Doctorow considers it abusive for the government not to be providing socialized healthcare.

Would there be any "education" aspect to it?

memenode

Good point. Another thing that crossed my mind but forgot to post it is that from a voluntaryist perspective government by its very existence is abuse, so the question is where would such a site draw the line.

It could have an educational section with some articles I suppose, or just to define that "line" above, but if that can't be done satisfactorily maybe such a site is better suited as a collection of articles or blog posts explaining WHY is the existence of government abuse of liberty and a exercise of servitude on part of those who obey it. It would define the basic moral of non-coercion and then the abuse as everything that breaks it including some hopefully convincing argumentation about why is this bad, immoral, undesirable and unnecessary.

I don't know.. will consider it. I'm in the process of idea hunting now.

John Edward Mercier

Maybe start with something easy. The difference between direct consent, agent representation, and custodial representation. From there you should be able to expand.