• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Do schools today kill creativity?

Started by Pat McCotter, September 03, 2008, 07:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Porcupine_in_MA

Creativity and individuality goes against making good government-worshiping drones.

John Edward Mercier

Does the mousetrap create a smarter mouse?

toowm

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on September 03, 2008, 08:47 AM NHFT
Eventually

I've always been intrigued by the exceptional individuals that came out of horrible childhoods.

Areté

Quote from: Porcupine on September 03, 2008, 08:43 AM NHFT
Creativity and individuality goes against making good government-worshiping drones.

You couldn't have said it any better.

dalebert

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on September 03, 2008, 08:47 AM NHFT

Yes, but sadly the way it does it is by killing off the stupid ones until only smarter ones are left.  :-\

ancapagency

What irritates the piss out of me is that those who do manage to survive the damned government death camps for the mind don't manage to do so unscathed.  They probably would have been even smarter, damn sure would have been more well-educated, and wouldn't have all the psychological problems they end up with, if they hadn't been screwed up by the damn schools.

99% of the problems I've had to deal with in interpersonal relationships have some basis in the damned government schools having screwed people up.

If ever there was an argument for treating any institution like the Romans did Carthage...

Raineyrocks

I'm so glad I went truant at an early age and learned things for myself.

I think schools kill creativity, yes!  I wish I would've understood about homeschooling years ago and spared my first 3 kids years of public school.   This guidance counselor suggested that maybe my daughter, when she was in 5th grade, had ADD because she would stare out of the window during class.  How ridiculous!