• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coconut will not pay : 9-26-08

Started by Coconut, September 03, 2008, 12:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Coconut

Over my speeding ticket.

I don't know what to do.

Plead my case and do what they say so they'll go away... until next time.

Or not.  :-\

Update: I guess I'm not going to consent

Dave Ridley

this could be a good event to do camera panning civil dis (which otherwise might not be that great of an act)...the perfect event in fact since the usual videographer is tied up being the defendant!
you dont need to necessarily pick between full cooperation and full resistance...you could do what sam does....ask questions, etc. 

Vitruvian

Quote from: CoconutI don't know what to do.

If you decide to go to court, we will be there with you.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Coconut on September 03, 2008, 12:04 PM NHFT
Over my speeding ticket.

I don't know what to do.

to show up?
to plead a case?
what case? how?
do what they say ... may depend on what they say
or not :)

Coconut

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 03, 2008, 12:20 PM NHFT
this could be a good event to do camera panning civil dis (which otherwise might not be that great of an act)...the perfect event in fact since the usual videographer is tied up being the defendant!

So would you come and do it?

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 03, 2008, 01:39 PM NHFT
to show up?
to plead a case?
what case? how?
do what they say ... may depend on what they say
or not :)

Wow, Russell sure is helpful!  ;) ;D

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

As Sam points out, you have to understand the nature and cause of the proceedings against you in order to plead.

If they ask if you understand, say no, and ask a question back.  Marc Stevens has scripts for sale and Sam may have a modified script he can share with you.

FTL_Ian

SamIam

Quote from: Coconut on September 03, 2008, 12:04 PM NHFT
Over my speeding ticket.

I don't know what to do.

Ok, I'm really really confused here. Coconut, why did you write yourself a ticket? Couldn't you go easy on yourself next time, and let yourself off with a verbal warning?

When did you write yourself this ticket? When are you demanding you plead?  and who is they?

On your ticket that you wrote, did you spell your name in all capitol letters or with upper and lower case? How do you write your name normally? Which one is you? Would it be important that your ticket have the right name on it?

This might be helpful to listen to:

tp://mp3.wtprn.com/Beiter/0809/20080902_Tue_Beiter2.mp3

And also this:

http://xml.wtprn.com/Beiter/0808/20080820_Wed_Beiter1.mp3
and
http://xml.wtprn.com/Beiter/0808/20080820_Wed_Beiter2.mp3

It's going to make your head spin. . .

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 03, 2008, 05:34 PM NHFT
Is this an arraignment?

Did you sign the ticket?

http://adventuresinlegalland.com

no. It's a trial. NH doesn't require you to sign the tickets when you get them. They just give them to you. I did sign when I sent my plea of not guilty I think.

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 03, 2008, 05:38 PM NHFT
As Sam points out, you have to understand the nature and cause of the proceedings against you in order to plead.

If they ask if you understand, say no, and ask a question back.  Marc Stevens has scripts for sale and Sam may have a modified script he can share with you.

The ticket comes with 3 boxes to check and mail back. I checked Not Guilty and sent it back to them.

I've watched Sam's things and followed his cases. The bottom line is that courts and judges will do whatever they want, and I don't have time to plan for every action they may take in that room. Sam tries to work the fringes of the system to show it as illegitimate, which it is, and I can show that in 60 seconds in a courtroom:

1. The judge and officer work for the same company
2. If the defendant and plaintiff are supposed to be on an even field, why does he have all his weapons in the room and I will have a voice recorder stripped from me?

The court will continue to run, and will do to me whatever they want to. I'd like to be in and out without going through some loopyloop of questions meant to delay them. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I should be putting more effort into slowing them down and holding someone accountable.

The thing I liked about Marc's video that you just posted was the fact that there was no personal injury. If I am indeed going to resist, that is a point I was going to bring up. I think I may use a "right to revolution" approach. They need to prove that their speed limit is not arbitrary in order for me to not have the right to resist, as I see it.

I go back and forth on this in my head literally every hour.

bigmike

make your stand, coconut.

stick to your principals. you'll feel better after.

David

If you are interested in challenging it, take a few days off of work.  Tell your employer that you have a speeding ticket (or a legal 'issue' if you want to be vague) that you are fighting, and you may lose and you may be arrested.  Give someone who is not likely to get arrested your workplace number just in case they have to call you off due to an arrest. 
That reduces your risk somewhat.  Then make it an act of civil disobediance. 
In my registration trial the only thing I asked the state police guy who ticketed me was why he originally pulled me over, and if that was a safety violation.  I then commented that he pulled me over for a safety violation but ticketed me for a revenue issue.  I didn't really have much of a trial.  I was firm that I would not pay any money to the gov't, and that became the issue. 
I encourage you to do the same or similar.  But I will try to be there no matter what you choose to do.   :)

Coconut

Quote from: bigmike on September 03, 2008, 08:46 PM NHFT
make your stand, coconut.

stick to your principals. you'll feel better after.

Could you do it?

I have a job, money, a business I am trying to run. Me doing this won't change the world. We can't change anything by compromise either though. Nothing will change until it's more important to us than our jobs, money, businesses, and comfort.

Thanks David. I won't ask that anyone go if I'm just going to beg their forgiveness.

I'm not worried about my job security. They'll give me the days off, however, I'm always driven to get all my work done there. Losing a few days will hinder that. I guess it's a personal issue.