• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coconut will not pay : 9-26-08

Started by Coconut, September 03, 2008, 12:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Have we ever had a triple civil disobedience event?  In that three people are all being disobedient in three different ways?

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 17, 2008, 02:17 PM NHFT
Have we ever had a triple civil disobedience event?  In that three people are all being disobedient in three different ways?

I'm not sure Russell is being disobedient on purpose. I'm very happy he'll be there though.

David

Requested most of the day off, will be there.   8)

FTL_Ian

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 17, 2008, 08:29 PM NHFT
Cheshire TV's Lee will attend.   8)

Really? Does he know that I'm resisting payment? I doubt he would not be in support of that, but he gets excited when people push for freedom of the press.

Coconut

September 18, 2008

To the Keene District Court, or individuals who work on its behalf:

Please forgive my delay in responding to a letter I received from you about 4 weeks ago. If I understand your letter correctly, you are requesting my presence in your building on the morning of September 26th. I am writing to inform you that my schedule will allow me to make that appointment. I am not intending to hide from, nor defraud anyone, and as a show of good-will, I will happily come to our meeting on that morning.

However, please do not misinterpret my attendance as consent to follow any "rulings" you or the court may claim to have against me. If I have inadvertently consented to such "rulings," consider my consent withdrawn; effective immediately. I believe the purpose of our meeting will be to discuss a complaint against me, and I look forward to making amends to anyone I have harmed or scared that caused such a complaint.

-Nicholas Ryder

any comments or suggestions? I want to mail this tomorrow.

Cheng

Maybe instead of attendance you should write special appearance.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Coconut on September 17, 2008, 08:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 17, 2008, 08:29 PM NHFT
Cheshire TV's Lee will attend.   8)

Really? Does he know that I'm resisting payment? I doubt he would not be in support of that, but he gets excited when people push for freedom of the press.

I didn't tell him that.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Coconut on September 17, 2008, 08:47 PM NHFT
September 18, 2008

To the Keene District Court, or individuals who work on its behalf:

Please forgive my delay in responding to a letter I received from you about 4 weeks ago. If I understand your letter correctly, you are requesting my presence in your building on the morning of September 26th. I am writing to inform you that my schedule will allow me to make that appointment. I am not intending to hide from, nor defraud anyone, and as a show of good-will, I will happily come to our meeting on that morning.

However, please do not misinterpret my attendance as consent to follow any "rulings" you or the court may claim to have against me. If I have inadvertently consented to such "rulings," consider my consent withdrawn; effective immediately. I believe the purpose of our meeting will be to discuss a complaint against me, and I look forward to making amends to anyone I have harmed or scared that caused such a complaint.

-Nicholas Ryder

any comments or suggestions? I want to mail this tomorrow.

I suggest hand delivering it to the court clerk.  Mailing it could result in it being lost or them claiming they didn't get it, unless you pay for special delivery.  Better to just go down there and give it to them.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 11, 2008, 01:44 PM NHFT
what is the earliest we could be allowed in?   what time does the buildign open?  what time do the courtroom doors open?

According to my observations the clerks open the window at 8AM but the wand-your-personals-and-ask-nosy-questions station is not set-up that early.  Don't know if the courtroom door is open at that time.

Kat Kanning

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 18, 2008, 11:17 AM NHFT
I suggest hand delivering it to the court clerk.  Mailing it could result in it being lost or them claiming they didn't get it, unless you pay for special delivery.  Better to just go down there and give it to them.

I suppose I can do that tommorow on my lunch break

Dave Ridley

coconut i would use the word 'threatened' instead of 'scared'

it's not necessarily unethical to scare someone , since you can do that by accident

it is more usually unethical to threaten

also i talked to the court folks today and am set to be there  9/26

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 18, 2008, 11:17 AM NHFT

I did this today. Lots of people in the courtroom "wand room" around 12:45. I stood by their window until someone came up, said "I have a piece of mail for the court. That is all." She started opening it and I walked out.

FTL_Ian

Sounds like you handled it perfectly.  Sometimes they will look very confused and begin to open it and say something like "wait".  Simply apologize for being very busy and take your leave.