• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coconut will not pay : 9-26-08

Started by Coconut, September 03, 2008, 12:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

i am still leaning toward doing this "camera panning disobedience" on the 26th.  still a 60% chance.  but i have some questions I'm trying to get answered first.

also here's a brainstrom...what if lauren goes in to video tape russell while panning, and i go in to videotape nick? 

Or is it possible they will be heard at more or less the same time?

another thought...any of us who are doing anything that might slow the judge down...could demand that he the random citizens in there go first, and put us at the end where we will not be in anyone's way.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 11, 2008, 10:02 AM NHFT
i am still leaning toward doing this "camera panning disobedience" on the 26th.  still a 60% chance.  but i have some questions I'm trying to get answered first.

also here's a brainstrom...what if lauren goes in to video tape russell while panning, and i go in to videotape nick? 

Double the disobedience?  Sounds good to me.   :icon_pirat:

Dave Ridley

can someone tell me what the anti-panning law or statute or rule is...what it's called, copy it here if you like....

Coconut

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 11, 2008, 10:46 AM NHFT
can someone tell me what the anti-panning law or statute or rule is...what it's called, copy it here if you like....

http://www.courts.state.nh.us/rules/dmcr/dmcr-1_4.htm

(i) Restrictions .  Unless otherwise ordered by the presiding judge, the following standing orders shall govern.

(1) No flash or other lighting devices will be used.

(2) Set up and dismantling of equipment is prohibited when court is in session.

(3) No camera movement during court session.

(4) No cameras permitted behind the defense table.

(5) Broadcast equipment will be positioned so that there will be no audio recording of conferences between attorney and client or among counsel and the presiding judge at the bench.  Any such recording is prohibited.

(6) Photographers and videographers must remain a reasonable distance from parties, counsel tables, alleged victims, witnesses and families unless the trial participant voluntarily approaches the camera position.

(7) All reporters and photographers will abide by the directions of the court officers at all times.

(8) Broadcast or print interviews will not be permitted inside the courtroom before or after a proceeding.

(9) Photographers, videographers and technical support staff covering a proceeding shall avoid activity that might distract participants or impair the dignity of the proceedings.

(10) Appropriate dress is required.

Dave Ridley

what is the earliest we could be allowed in?   what time does the buildign open?  what time do the courtroom doors open?

Kat Kanning

In the past, they've only allowed one person to film at a time, and said we had to share footage.

Coconut

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 11, 2008, 01:44 PM NHFT
what is the earliest we could be allowed in?   what time does the buildign open?  what time do the courtroom doors open?

I'd think you could get in before 8am.

Russell Kanning

I also doubt panning the camera would escalate into an arrest or something crazy.

Dave Ridley

do both cases come up theoretically at the same time?   8:30 a.m.?

Coconut

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 11, 2008, 03:13 PM NHFT
do both cases come up theoretically at the same time?   8:30 a.m.?

Russell's is at nine. Neither will likely see attention from the judge before 9:15, though I'll plan to be sitting in the courtroom by 8:25

Both times I did it, the bailiff just told me not to pan the audience. The second time pretty rudely. It's possible you'll be asked to "go over the rules" with the judge beforehand.

Dave Ridley

ok wait i thought the judge stopped you from moving the camera at all...that's how i remember the video

restrictions simply on taping the audience...might not be ideal but that's not something I would do civil disobedience over.

i'll look at the vid again.  if he's not banning videographers from panning between the bureaucrats and the defendant...   then i'm not seeing a huge problem.

Kat Kanning

He wasn't trying to pan the audience at the time.

Dave Ridley

OK from looking at the video again it seems the judge was unwilling to really enforce the camera pan ban; he says "it's ok this time," which is a start on his part.  were you actually stopped from panning or did he just put the issue off to the future?  

if he's bending the rules for us a bit, then maybe he's not broke enough to fix on this issue.  maybe the thing to do is quietly inform him of planned camera panning but not make it a news-release-civil-dis type thing.  never back someone into a corner who is already doing the right thing in some ways.

one concern that keeps cropping up in my mind, i never want to make this guy to say to himself..."all this civil disobedience is happening because i was lenient on that david krouse.... now i should crack down..."

Dave Ridley

OK here's the exact quote:

"it's okay for today, next time we're going to have to go with the ground rules"

And that *is* unacceptable.  not only unacceptable but sure to be perceived as such by a large number of viewers.

Coconut

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 11, 2008, 03:36 PM NHFT
ok wait i thought the judge stopped you from moving the camera at all...that's how i remember the video

Correct. Not taping the audience was a seperate but similar issue. He was indeed saying that I can't move the camera period.