• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coconut will not pay : 9-26-08

Started by Coconut, September 03, 2008, 12:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Coconut

Tommorow morning in Keene. Don't forget to come everyone.

FTL_Ian

I will be there!

Thank you in advance for your courage, Coconut!   8)

David

I'll be out in front about 8ish.   :) I'll prolly be yawning, and still trying to wake up.   ;)

Coconut

I look forward to seeing reports on this. A victory of a day I would say. They will mail me the verdict, even if it's negative, the court made it clear that we are having an impression on how they act.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Coconut on September 26, 2008, 09:46 AM NHFT
I look forward to seeing reports on this. A victory of a day I would say. They will mail me the verdict, even if it's negative, the court made it clear that we are having an impression on how they act.

Do you have time to write up a summary for Free Keene and the News list?

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 26, 2008, 10:48 AM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on September 26, 2008, 09:46 AM NHFT

Do you have time to write up a summary for Free Keene and the News list?

Not until late tonight. You were there too you know  :)

FTL_Ian

Yep.. I'm going to make some business calls then work on a summary.

We won!   8)

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 26, 2008, 11:08 AM NHFT
Yep.. I'm going to make some business calls then work on a summary.

We won!   8)

You should post a new thread on your date ASAP so people can plan for it. 8:30am Oct 1?

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

Summary of today's triple success posted at Free Keene:
http://freekeene.com/2008/09/26/triple-civil-disobedience-success/

Today's triple civil disobedience was a triple success! Watch here at FreeKeene.com for video later, but here's a quick summary:

• RidleyReport.com's Dave Ridley was informed before the trial that the "judge", Mr. Burke had reviewed his ordinances and determined his earlier interpretation had been incorrect and that cameras may now be panned by their operator while in Keene "district court".

• Additionally, the man in the robe did not publicly acknowledge another major change that occurred today. All entrants are now allowed recording devices. Four video cameras were operational today, as compared to Mr. Burke's earlier commandment of one camera per court.

• Free Keene blogger Nick Ryder had an apparent victory in his refusal to pay a speeding ticket. Mr. Burke heard the case, and after Nick made his final statement, Burke said he'd take it under advisement and ended the "trial". If he were going to pronounce Nick guilty, he'd have done it then.

• NH Free Press publisher Russell Kanning appeared in front of Mr. Burke to update the "city" on their demand he perform 30 hours community service. Kanning has completed 0 hours and Burke extended the due date out 60 more days.

This morning's multiple success is still more proof that noncooperation and civil disobedience result in immediate, tangible changes with a large return on investment. Compare this to how difficult achieving today's successes would have been "working inside the system" by running campaigns and contacting "representatives", and begging they change the system. How much time and effort would that have taken? Noncooperative activists achieved their goals with a total turnout of 12 activists, a couple hours of time, a few press releases, and some courage.

Please join the peaceful evolution here in Keene. The fun is just beginning! Also, join our discussion on the Free Keene Forum!

Russell Kanning

cool ... I will use that for the paper .... tomorrow

Pat K

Coconut

Someone's upset at me in the comments on Ridley's first video of my trial. Big surprise.

FTL_Ian