• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Had horrific nightmares throughout the night like being chased by really fast and intelligent zombies and living dolls. At one point, my cat shed her eyes like baby teeth and there were fresh eyes underneath.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on October 02, 2013, 07:49 AM NHFT
Had horrific nightmares throughout the night like being chased by really fast and intelligent zombies and living dolls. At one point, my cat shed her eyes like baby teeth and there were fresh eyes underneath.

The zombies are old people and the living dolls are babies. The shedding cat's eyes are the renewing of sight.  It would be important to know if everything else in the dream was dark or if it was light where you could see other things.

dalebert

Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 02, 2013, 09:25 AM NHFT
The zombies are old people and the living dolls are babies. The shedding cat's eyes are the renewing of sight.  It would be important to know if everything else in the dream was dark or if it was light where you could see other things.

It was nighttime in some parts but there was plenty of light in others. There was always enough light to see.

In one dream, my dad (who's now dead) was reading a really creepy monster story by Stephen King and then I was in the story. I kept reminding myself it was just a story but I was scared anyway. If you were one of the first two people the monster saw when it showed up, it would come back and kill you later. It was inescapable. Something like that.

Pat K

Listen Dale if your gonna use up all this energy dreaming.
At least put it to good use and figure out a color scheme for my room
At Jim and Lauren's.

dalebert

You're staying with J&L now? I should really try to make a movie night one of these days!

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on October 02, 2013, 05:36 PM NHFT
You're staying with J&L now? I should really try to make a movie night one of these days!

Will be staying... November.

dalebert

Jim Johnson

I've been the victim of that dream several times.

Pat K

jerryswife

dalebert

dalebert

I had a very lucid dream about being in some king's court. I started out naked so I went in the restroom and visualized a robe and finally one appeared and I wrapped it around me. Robes seemed appropriate for the scene anyway and seemed easier to imagine than a full set of clothes, but after I put it on, a whole set of renaissance clothing appeared on me.

The king was having problems with some dragon so I was playing along for the fun of it. Two other wizards were trying to get the job of slaying the dragon and I was competing with them for the job. I guess I thought it would be fun to sort of use the dream to play D&D.

I was having trouble speaking and I think it's because I was actually trying to physically speak through sleep paralysis so I just imagined what I wanted to say. There was no sound but the characters in the dream seemed to hear it and react. Telepathy! I told him I would charm the dragon instead of killing it and he could keep it as a pet. He ignored me and left but then he listened to me once we got outside. It was like he didn't want people to hear our conversation.

Jim Johnson

Maybe Keenevention nervousness.

Nakedness is typically insecurity.
Dragons represent a big concern.
The inability to speak points to a speaking engagement.
That makes Ian the King... who seems not to listen until you have him alone.

dalebert

Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 18, 2013, 02:09 PM NHFT

Hmm... there may be something to some of that, but I definitely not the last one. Ian's been getting onto me to solidify everything which is completely expected as it's just 2 weeks away and he's forming a program. Anyway, he has been giving me total leeway as far as running it how I want.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on October 18, 2013, 04:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 18, 2013, 02:09 PM NHFT

Hmm... there may be something to some of that, but I definitely not the last one. Ian's been getting onto me to solidify everything which is completely expected as it's just 2 weeks away and he's forming a program. Anyway, he has been giving me total leeway as far as running it how I want.

That probably means that in some respect you are not listening to yourself.