• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: dalebert on October 08, 2009, 07:04 AM NHFT
I think you REALLY want to make that trip happen and are fed up with your own excuses for not going. That's just my take. :)
I think it wasn't really about taking a vacation to Australia (not that I wouldn't like to do that); that was a symbol for something else I've wanted to do for a long time, and I'm finally ready to admit that all my excuses for not doing it are laughably ridiculous.  So, we'll see what happens.   :)

dalebert

Sometimes when I'm dreaming it's hard to say whether it's a lucid dream (I know it's a dream) or whether I'm just aware it's something other than my familiar waking life. It's not like I'm saying "Oh, this is just a dream". It's more like I'm just aware I'm in a special place and only upon waking do I realize what that means. When I'm having feelings of success and potency in waking life, even if it's mixed in with some doubts and fears which it inevitably is, then that often translates into some brilliant symbols in my dreams where I'm a superhero or a wizard or something. Last night I was a wizard and there was some evil dragon that needed slaying and I was laughing at some guy who didn't think I could do it.

I stepped outside and decided to try to summon up a storm (lots of symbols from the movie Dragonslayer here). Immediately I started to see a cloud formation that looked a lot like Michael Angelo's stereotypical God from the Sistine Chapel and I sort of summoned him out of the sky to do my bidding. I felt like I could make him kill the dragon or whatever was needed. So he kind of floats down as a cloud and coalesces into a giant bearded man, looking more like the stereotypical Christian God and he starts to come toward me, as if he's obeying my will. Then suddenly Queen Latifah is there and she calls out to him, looking really excited that the rapture is occurring. She tells him she's ready to be taken up into Heaven. He turns toward her now. I'm not actually feeling frustrated or snubbed or anything like that. Mostly it's just fascinating and I'm watching. He picks her up in one hand and she's like Barbie-doll-sized to him. He holds her up toward the sky and then a couple other women, one older, float up to join hands with her to be taken up to Heaven with her and they begin to float up toward the clouds.

At this point, "God" turns toward me and now looks like a giant smiling Queen Latifah.

All in all, it was actually a very pleasant dream for some reason, bizarre as it sounds.

WTF is wrong with my head?

EthanLeeVita

This has to be one of the most bizarre dreams yet...

It was my first time to Disneyland. I enter it and its much more simplistic than I assume the real Disneyland is. I enter teh gate, go up one tower, across a bridge, and to another tower. Its in this tower I sell weed in the bathroom. I'm smoking a bowl when an old friend I owe money finds me, but I hide the bowl. She tries to pry my hand open(apparently it was tiny enough to fit in my entire hand?), but she fails. She gets angry and leaves. An old acquaintance was with her and we talked a bit. I leave this tower and suddenly notice drug agents around. So I try to stick around, but more and more come around so for safety I leave Disneyland and my backpack(for some reason at the security gate). I walk to a location for secret smoking and try to finish the bowl. I notice another agent and keep walking. Past my old elementary school and to my high school. I have to take a shit. However, its blocked off. A girl was apparently just shot to death. This is peculiar because it was a small school that was very religious. I ask the head EMT(who is milling about outside) if the bathroom on another section of campus is open. All bathrooms on campus are open. So in anger I jump on hood of ambulance and take a shit. There is an anti-Republican Party rally in the parking lot. "We are devoted to no Republican voting today!" I leave and walk a bit further around edge of school and mother picks me up in minivan and we drive off safely.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: EthanLeeVita on November 06, 2009, 05:15 AM NHFT
All bathrooms on campus are open. So in anger I jump on hood of ambulance and take a shit.
What are you angry about?

Raineyrocks

I've been having weird dreams too, maybe because I'm suffering from computer withdrawal since my computer's been on the fritz. 
I finally got it to do a chsdsk scan and it's helping a little bit but it's so darn slow, it was crashing like crazy for the past couple of months.  :P

One of the most recent dreams was about raw foods.  For some reason I got invited to this really fancy raw food tasting event with well known raw food book writers.   I tasted the food in 2 different fancy ballrooms and then when I got back everyone was just gone, food and all.  :dontknow: 

dalebert

Okay, gonna give this a shot even though I lost so much of what was going on in the dream as soon as I woke up. It was such a powerful dream that really disturbed me.

There was only a brief scene that I could remember that was vivid and intense, but like watching a movie. I only recall something about a dead man lying face-down on the bottom of a lake so clear that you could see straight through to him. There was another man on the edge of the lake looking down at him. The dead mean casually turned over and looked up at the live man with this look on his face as if to express some cold hard reality. The dead man appeared to have been very attractive in life and hadn't completely lost it despite the very disturbing signs of a (recent probably) demise, mostly in his eyes, which were turning white. I have vague recollections that there was some woman involved whom the live man cared deeply about and I think that what the dead man was expressing and what was known between them and therefore didn't need to be spoken was that the women belonged to/with him and not with the live man. Maybe the live man killed the dead man out of jealousy but the woman's heart remained with him even in death. Maybe there was some kind of pull on me specifically somehow. I felt a sort of disturbing intimacy with the dead man if nothing more than empathy and maybe a kind of inevitability, maybe of death itself and how it awaits us all.

It woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep and that was a little before sunrise. I looked over at the door to my room and realized I'd left it wide open for the cat and heat transfer. When I was a kid, my sister always wanted the door open when we slept and mom always let her have her way being younger and a girl, I guess, but it left me feeling vulnerable because the hallway outside was so dark and I would imagine people or things hiding there ready to pounce. I also had to sleep on the outside of the bed instead of in the middle (between my mom and sister), another way my younger sister always got her way, and that left me feeling yet more vulnerable. I had a bit of a flashback to that for the first time since I was a tiny kid and literally had to hide my head under my covers until I could regain full lucidity and calm myself down.

TackleTheWorld

That sounds pretty powerful.  Frequently your activities or thoughts of the day before are a trigger for a dream.  Do you think that is the case?

dalebert

This dream definitely seems g0y-inspired. You'll know what I'm talking about if you listened to the after-broadcast portion of FTL last night.

There was this incredibly pompous and self-important guy holding me prisoner on this huge militaristic facility on an island out in the middle of nowhere. The guy is in some position of authority there though I don't think the highest. I recall that I had superpowers, but I can't recall if he and others on the base knew of them. The facility is sprawling, covering much of the island, though I'm allowed only in one portion of it, which is itself pretty big. This guy has explained to me that there are cameras all over the island and they will surely catch me if I attempt to leave the facility. He's very attractive and clearly holds some very thinly-veiled affection for me. He manages to come up with some really flimsy excuses for intimate physical contact with me like massages and helping each other exercise.

There were several points throughout the night when I would revert back into this dream and it would continue on, though I don't remember all the details. I recall very clearly assessing my situation and having a very small dilemma to resolve. On the one hand, I kind of like it there despite the fact that I am essentially a slave. The guy bosses me around but it's silly stuph for feeding his ego that's mostly symbolic, like fetching things and serving them to him on a tray. And then he showers me with affection which is actually pretty pleasant, though it can never be acknowledged for what it is. Meanwhile I'm placed up on a pedestal in the sense that so much effort is being put into keeping me there and I feel very desirable. The essence of my captor was that he was going to great effort to appear self-absorbed while hiding that he was actually quite obsessed with me. One part I recall well is that I quickly resolved this dilemma while looking up at the stars on a beautiful clear night. I knew I had to escape.

To say the least, the lifestyle there was not unpleasant, but there was this whole wide world out there and I was being constrained from achieving my full potential, particularly since I was a superhero and had so much to offer the rest of the world vs. this one guy who thought far too highly of himself. I was definitely tired of the mind games as well. However, I was patient. I knew they were monitoring me closely and I needed to plan my escape carefully. I remember finding tiny young sea turtles and setting them free at the ocean so they could grow up to full size (eventually) and I could perhaps find one and ride it off the island. My superpower was creating exact fully-functional duplicates of myself much like a character I created for a friend's comic book. I figured I could at some point create a duplicate that would be escaping while another one of me remained behind as a distraction though I hadn't worked out how to then rescue the original. At no point did the idea of creating an army of myself and fighting my way out ever even occur to me. There was just no violence in this dream. They were holding me captive but not threatening to hurt me.

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on January 21, 2010, 08:31 AM NHFT
That sounds pretty powerful.  Frequently your activities or thoughts of the day before are a trigger for a dream.  Do you think that is the case?

BTW, I typed up a long response after some introspection on that dream and then didn't post it because I decided to keep it private.

Jim Johnson

You realize your getting older and you see the open door to the hallway as the scary uncertainty of the future.

Pat K

KBCraig

Thanks to the application of enough medicinal beer, I sleep right through any dreams I might have.

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on February 06, 2010, 12:26 AM NHFT
Man I have got a boring dream life.

Maybe you're just a really well-adjusted and emotionally healthy person who doesn't have any weird issues for your subconscious mind to help you sort through.  8)

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on February 07, 2010, 08:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on February 06, 2010, 12:26 AM NHFT
Man I have got a boring dream life.

Maybe you're just a really well-adjusted and emotionally healthy person who doesn't have any weird issues for your subconscious mind to help you sort through.  8)

Yeah that must be it. ::)