• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately and so I thought it would be cool to have a sort of public dream journal where people could talk about what they thinks stuph means, if anything. I know a lot of people freakin' hate hearing about people's dreams. That's why I put it in this section and called it "insufferable".

dalebert

I dreamed I was at my marriage ceremony to 0ThouArtThat0. I had no memory of us even dating, much less deciding to "marry", and I remember wondering if I could put up with all his mystical ramblings about the nature of consciousness and shit. But then I decided WTF. He seems easy-going enough that we could work out differences and it felt like it was just right some how and I would just go with it.

Then I realize that they're playing "Here Comes the Bride" and I roll my eyes. Someone didn't explain to the piano player that there's no bride in this marriage. Then someone leans over to me and says "Just stand here. They know you're not walking down the aisle." and I roll my eyes again because somehow I'm the bride? This is clearly not a traditional marriage and there's no bride! Even so, why me? Why not the other guy? So I'm thinking that I hope the piano player stops playing that damn song after she realizes no one is coming up the aisle. I'm already at the altar or whatever it is where we're getting married. It's not clearly a church.

So then 0ThouArtThat0 walks up. Oddly, he's in a white suit and I'm in a darker suit, but not really dark. I think it's like amber or something. We did the ceremony in halves where they did my part first and he's not even there and they hung some fancy symbolic stuph around my neck, then I step aside and he does his part and and they hung fancy stuph around his neck and then he approaches me and we're married now. Something I'm wearing fits a little tight and he says something about it and I'm like "So I gained a little weight!" and I feel really hurt, like I'm accusing him of being shallow or something.

Then we go back to a hotel, which is a pretty crappy one and I'm thinking how this is a really cheap honeymoon but I kind of don't care because at least we're having one. Then we start getting undressed or changed out of our wedding clothes at least and he disappears. I look around for him and come back and discover the hotel made a mistake and we're moved from room #1 to #183 and I have to go find that. I'm feeling abandoned and like he doesn't want to consummate the marriage; maybe because he thinks I'm fat.
:o

KBCraig

Quote from: dalebert on September 04, 2008, 09:32 AM NHFT
I'm feeling abandoned and like he doesn't want to consummate the marriage; maybe because he thinks I'm fat.

Okay, that settles it: you were the bride!  ;D

TackleTheWorld

Unlikely mate, wrong music, ill-fitting clothes, unsatisfactory accommodations, that marriage looks all-around unsatisfying. 

My theory about dreams is they are your unconscious mind, which occupies the vast majority of your brain, trying desperately to tell you something, something true and important.

dalebert

Quote from: KBCraig on September 04, 2008, 09:49 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on September 04, 2008, 09:32 AM NHFT
I'm feeling abandoned and like he doesn't want to consummate the marriage; maybe because he thinks I'm fat.
Okay, that settles it: you were the bride!  ;D

Touche' !  :)

Giggan

On a writer's forum I frequent we often revive the dream thread whenever someone has an interesting one. However, the posts go on for miles cuz, as writers, we find ways to say a whole lot more than we need to...or maybe we're just that descriptive. I haven't had too wild a dream recently but if I do I'll try to summarize it here.

I remember somebody posted a lucid dream thread on the other forum I belong to, and thinking about it so much, within a week I had one. And within the next month like four. Those I find the most interesting and incredibly vivid when I try to remember them, but still always random. I try and write my dreams that are worth remembering first thing when I remember them (sometimes I won't remember the dream till a few hours after waking up).

Jim Johnson

That dream seems a little on the gay side... don't worry you're probably just picking up on a gay vibe the guy is giving off.

Marriage is the highest honor that you can bestow on someone, which indicates that you respect this person and hold him in high regard.
The music choice and your disapproval of it shows that you have never thought about what music you would like at your own wedding, although you know that it will not be in a church, which means you have thought about getting married.
The white he is wearing as opposed to your amber shows how you view your relation ship.  He is pristine and you... well you know... your amber... which isn't bad... your still a semiprecious jewel.
Your position as the bride also show how you view the relationship.
His disapproval of your fatness indicates that you disapprove of  your fatness, because he's not actually in the dream to be disapproving.
The marriage was done separately which probably is a recognition of He's in Florida and your not.
Ending up at a crappy hotel means you didn't want to married in the first place.
He disappears which is your doubt that he wants to be with you.  That doubt causes you pain.  A cause for the pain must be assigned and since blaming yourself or your new spouse would only cause more pain, the hotel is blamed for your not being together.

:ahoy:

Pat K

Yea either that or it was just your brain running an
advanced screen saver while it was tidying up that
fat cheeked  head of yours.

dalebert

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on September 04, 2008, 11:47 AM NHFT
Marriage is the highest honor that you can bestow on someone, which indicates that you respect this person and hold him in high regard.

Yeah, I can see that. I've had a mild obsession with the guy ever since I saw him because he's just really really nice to look at, but since I started watching his videos, he just seems like a really thoughtful, intelligent person, and really peace-oriented if a bit misguided and delusional. There's a disconnect there that bothers me.

QuoteThe white he is wearing as opposed to your amber shows how you view your relation ship.  He is pristine and you... well you know... your amber... which isn't bad... your still a semiprecious jewel.

Yeah, a short while after I posted this I was like "duh! Virgin white." And needless to say, I'm not a virgin but I'm also far from a slut, so it makes sense that I wasn't wearing like a black tuxedo or something that would represent the opposite of his virgin white.

QuoteYour position as the bride also show how you view the relationship.

That's what gets me. I really don't. I can't help but imagine him as fitting that role better than me- he's younger, prettier, very soft-spoken. If anything, he makes me feel more masculine.

QuoteHe disappears which is your doubt that he wants to be with you.

Oh definitely. I have serious doubts about him wanting to be with me! haha.

Jim Johnson

QuoteYour position as the bride also show how you view the relationship.

That's what gets me. I really don't. I can't help but imagine him as fitting that role better than me- he's younger, prettier, very soft-spoken. If anything, he makes me feel more masculine.

The position of the bride is 'the one who is asked'... you want him to ask you.

Puke

My dreams tell me that sleep is boring and that I should be in an action war movie instead.

Caleb

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 04, 2008, 10:00 AM NHFT
My theory about dreams is they are your unconscious mind, which occupies the vast majority of your brain, trying desperately to tell you something, something true and important.

Gotta agree with Tackle.

I don't think it's possible to interpret a single dream, Dale. You subconscious will tell you the same things over and over again, so if you could get a sampling of dreams and contrast and compare them, then you would learn what the symbols mean for you.

That "Thou art that" guy, I checked over some of his other videos just now. I remember awhile back you posted a little clip from him, and I said that it seems that he is coming from a Process Philosophy perspective. He actually did a little video on Whitehead. He appears to be up in the Bay Area going to the California Institute of Integral Studies ... that's where the Center for Process Studies referred me as a good institution for learning Process Philosophy.

I think this guy is an archetype for you - but what he represents who knows? But a good hint is that in some way he probably represents YOU on some level.

dalebert

OK, if someone else doesn't post a dream soon, I'm going to become way too self-conscious. This is too much attention.

Caleb

I had a weird dream the other night.

I was singing Karaoke before the dream, and I sang "We Didn't Start the Fire". This is a little background to the dream.

I'm standing in my room, and then my aunt comes in. Somehow we switch locales to my car. Like we just teleported or something, though it seemed normal enough to me. "We didn't start the fire" kept playing. I think I was trying to get away from my aunt, but I couldn't get the car door open. Then my aunt started biting my arm, like she was a vampire (I've been watching a lot of buffy's, and vampires have been recurring themes.) And I was scared to death, and I couldn't get away, and the damn door wouldn't open, so I shoved her away and she turned to dust and disappeared. But I felt like more vampires were coming (even though I had no evidence that they were) and so I still tried to get the car door open. "We didn't start the Fire" kept getting louder and louder, and I couldn't get the door open and I couldn't make the car drive. It was like I was trapped, and then I was on the phone with my sister (as best as I can remember, there was no phone ringing or anything, I just suddenly was talking on the phone to my oldest sister) and she was telling me that my aunt had died. And the music kept getting louder and louder, and I was trying to tell my sister that I knew that my aunt had died, but although I could hear my sister, she couldn't hear me. By this time, the music is really starting to get on my nerves, and it gets to the part where it says "Santayana Goodbye"  And I shout "WHO THE HELL IS SANTAYANA ANYWAY?"   Then I wake up, feeling like I had had a nightmare, my heart racing, etc., even though it really wasn't very scary, just annoying, it felt like a nightmare.

Jim Johnson

"Before you contradict an old man, my fair friend, you should endeavor to understand him."

George Santayana (1863 - 1952)
US (Spanish-born) philosopher