• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Keep going, Jim. I want to hear your analysis of Caleb's dream.

KBCraig

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on September 04, 2008, 09:37 PM NHFT
"Before you contradict an old man, my fair friend, you should endeavor to understand him."

George Santayana (1863 - 1952)
US (Spanish-born) philosopher

Also notable as author of the phrase, often attributed to others, "Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it." Quite the aphorist, he.

And, also often confused (thanks to Texas mispronunciation) with Santa Anna, the Mexican president who tried to take back Texas in 1836.

Sam A. Robrin

Years ago, I had an unforgettable dream.  I'd been working for a theater company that staged a regular comedic revue--and I'd also recently seen the Bette Davis movie Now, Voyager (that will be shown to be significant . . .).
The president and artistic director of the company were named Kitty and Jerry.  They'd resolved that this year's revue was going to be the best ever.  Not only were they going to revive the tradition (begun with their first production) of flashing their butts at the audience, they were going to sign up a whole host of celebrities to do it with them.
Jerry went about signing up all the big-name actors and musicians, and came back bragging about all the contracts he had on hand.  But Kitty was depressed, because the mayor's office had phoned, and wouldn't allow them to flash their butts.
"I'm going to go down there right now and have a long talk with them," Jerry said determinedly.
To which Kitty replied, "Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon--we have the stars."
And the background music was swelling as I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock . . .

Yes, I'm so paronomastic, I even dream shaggy dog stories!

dalebert

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on September 04, 2008, 10:20 PM NHFT
To which Kitty replied, "Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon--we have the stars."

Wait a minute. You're telling me that whole dream was just a setup for a pun?  ;D

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on September 04, 2008, 09:51 PM NHFT
Keep going, Jim. I want to hear your analysis of Caleb's dream.

Caleb's dream is about his Karaoke performance.
The performance is strongly related to his Aunt, either buy an association to the song it's self or some interaction that happened with his Aunt.
Before the performance begins he is in a safe place, his room.
The music starts, his Aunt enters.
He begins to sing, the show is underway thus being in a car.
He realizes that being in the car (singing, which is not being sung as well as imagined) is uncomfortable.
The performance is underway so he can't get out of the car.
He struggles with his performance (his Aunt).  Biting is the visualization of pain.
Then he accepts that the performance is going badly and pushes it (her) away... accepting that (in his opinion) he can't sing (killing his Aunt)... then he remembers that his sister had said that he can't sing (that his Aunt is dead). 
The reason his sister doesn't hear, "that I knew that my aunt had died", is that Caleb doesn't want to admit this to his sister.  He will say it in his head, but not to her.
When he shouts, "WHO THE HELL IS SANTAYANA ANYWAY?", he is sour graping.

...I wake up, feeling like I had had a nightmare, my heart racing, etc., even though it really wasn't very scary...   That's just Good Karaoke. 

dalebert

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

Dream Interpretation fees:  1 hr - fish, rice and tea

2 hrs - 6 beers and chips

1/2 day - 12 beers and large pizza

full day - 2 goats

dalebert

I gotta talk about this one. Very disturbing dream.

Me and a team of detectives are talking about the evidence we have that Sarah Palin is the killer threatening a woman's life. I think the killer (probably Sarah) has already killed before in more direct ways. There's a device implanted in the woman's chest that will stop her heart when it receives a signal and the killer has anonymously threatened that (s)he has a device that can instantly send the signal which will be broadcast city-wide. I point out that we either need to find a murder weapon on her from a previous murder or the signal device to be confident she's the killer and shortly thereafter she produces the device, a small red button on a white base covered with a clear plastic cover on hinges. There's also another similar button on the front that looks like it might release the latch. I'm trying to tackle her before she presses it and I'm not quite fast enough, but she has too much lotion or some kind of product on her hands and can't seem to get it to press, so I manage to snatch it away from her. I close the plastic cover to prevent the button being pressed until we can remove the device from the other lady's chest and the moment I do, the TV shuts off, which we all realize as meaning the signal was sent out. And I ask, "What? Does closing it send the signal?" and everyone looks at me like I'm an idiot. Apparently that's what the second similar button was about. Then I'm overwhelmed with guilt and grief at the realization that I just killed a woman even while trying to save her life. It was very Joker-esque

OK, but that's not the weird part of the dream. The weird part is when I "wake up" and go to work. I sit in a desk that's back-to-back with Hillary Clinton's so I'm facing her all day (ugh) and I'm telling her about this really disturbing dream I had. I never quite get it done before some people come up and talk to her and keep interrupting us.

TackleTheWorld

Did you encounter anything political or slimy or an authoritarian female yesterday?

Caleb

I have no clue on the the first part of the dream -

but the second part (with Hillary Clinton) seems to me to be a take on other people, people that are dismissive of ideas that you feel are of extreme importance. Hillary and the other people seem unconcerned with what is, to you, a very important matter, the fact that you have taken a life. This is the type of thing that you would hope would take overriding precedence in a conversation with others, but it seems to be the sort of thing that other people (Hillary and her team) allow to be interrupted by the normal affairs of life, business, etc.  The second part of the dream tells you two things:  It tells you how you think other people view things that are important to you (your subconscious feels that other people are dismissive of things that are important to you), and it tells you how you view those people (your subconscious symbolizes these other people with a figure that you hold in contempt - Hillary Clinton - thus displaying anger and contempt for people who are dismissive of you.)

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 14, 2008, 11:11 AM NHFT
Did you encounter anything political or slimy or an authoritarian female yesterday?

I watched this. It's all I can think of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_anjAMr3Y

TackleTheWorld

Eew. :_canoworms__by_Zikes:

A slimey polititian who wants to use the most powerful killing machine in the history of the world, and make it seem as though YOU did it. 

That dream makes perfect sense

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 14, 2008, 12:34 PM NHFT
A slimey polititian who wants to use the most powerful killing machine in the history of the world, and make it seem as though YOU did it.

Hmm... seems like a reasonable interpretation but I won't be confident until I hear from Swami Jim.  ;D

Pat K

Man I never have dramatic  dreams like this.
In fact I hardly ever remember any dreams,
Maybe 3 or 4 a year and they are dull.