• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Where is Swami Jim?

Here's mine: 
There was a party at our house boat for walk-for-liberty supporters.  But the Buchanans weren't there.  Everyone wanted to meet me.  There was food, candy, DDR, lots of fun stuff and friendly people, but I sat out for some reason.  I was wearing colorful bandannas and cutoff shorts.  I was having a good time and wondered why I didn't go out and eat and play.  Jim was worried that we were out of BBQ wood and that the floor boards were opening up, splitting in the middle due to the weight of all the people. 

Giggan

Wow Dale, that's an intense dream.

I had a weird one maybe 2 mornings ago. I completely forget what it was about, but I remember how it 'played'.

I was talking to the author of this book about important moments in US history, and it was supposed to start present day in Concord (which was actually a huge city) and centered on a city council meeting a bunch of people went to and the council and the people all agreed they didn't need a council, or any gov't anymore and declared Concord free. Everyone was ecstatic. I was among the crowd, and I had no idea it had happened until the story finished, even though the event was supposed to have happened in the past and I was there. Then he asked if I wanted the next chapter read to me, and I had the choice of waking up or hearing the rest of the story. I opted for the story (knowing it was a dream but immediately forgetting once I chose to hear more). He told another story that I forgot, and I had the same choice at the end of this one. Same deal. Then there was a third story, and at the end, when I was supposed to choose, I was awakened by my phone ringing. I didn't remember the dream until a day or two later.

dalebert

OMG. So much dreaming last night. Just woke up and can barely open my eyes. I've lost a lot of it, but there was definitely a long series of generally very positive and extremely pleasant dreams. I believe it started with a lucid flying dream where it was like I was swimming through the air, making strokes with my arms, and flying wasn't slow and tedious like it sometimes is in my dreams. Even in the dream, I remembered the symbolism of flying dreams and how they reflect your feelings of optimism in your waking life. Then I realized I could easily move objects with my mind. There were bits of Harry Potter imagery that I can't recall in detail but I think I was attending Hogwarts. In one dream, I remembered seeing these women with wings hovering in space at this place where I frequently went by, at the top of a bridge I think, and wondering if everyone else could see them and also wondering why I was just now really paying attention to them even though I was pretty sure I'd seen them before.

One part of the dream was closer to when I woke so I seem to recall it better. This strange guy shows up with a handful of ancient coins, mostly Greek ones. He challenges my friend, who also has a handful of ancient coins, to a series of coin tricks, mostly involving a basketball hoop and proceeds to thoroughly and easily win every challenge- starting with getting his coin through the hoop first, bouncing his coin three times before getting it through the hoop, etc. each one getting progressively more difficult to the point of almost (or even completely) defying physics. Meanwhile, these are all events that are under the stranger's control, as long as he is skillful enough. He's wagering specific coins against specific coins in my friend's hand. I'm getting annoyed with my friend's stupidity as he continues to accept these wagers when it's clear this guy is a shark. My friend is down to one coin.

Then the stranger has a chat with me. He explains how his coin sharking has become a kind of addiction and he kind of thinks he should stop but it's become such easy money. He seems impressed with my common sense and makes a wager with me over one of his coins that looks really cool, and instead of me betting on whether HE can do something, this was a wager on whether I could do something with a coin, and I felt I could. Keep in mind, this is after I had been defying physics myself quite a bit with all the flying and telekinesis and other silliness. Still, knowing he was a trickster, I asked him what the stakes were for me. I didn't have any ancient coins on me. He said I have to promise to recite a poem for him called "Adam, Adam, Adam". He seems to love this poem and for some reason, he really wants to hear it in my voice. *ack*

Then there is a knocking at a door nearby and someone trying to enter but it's locked. I kind of hover over to the door, still seated, and I point at the knob. It jiggled a bit as I worked the lock with my mind and opens. This very ominous figure with inhuman eyes in a dark robe steps through and points and shouts at me. And because I was hovering in a seated position near the floor, I'm kind of down at his feet and he's trying to tower over me. He insists that I kneel or something, and I'm kind of unsure how I ought to react. I'm not really scared of him though he's clearly trying to be intimidating and I end up kind of sort of leaning over a bit but not really and he questions my reluctance. I just kind of casually say "I'm just not very good at groveling" and he laughs and his eyes change back to human. I don't recall exactly the exchange, but I seem to recall it being a test of some sort and I passed, but I also remember being annoyed that I even started to obey him a little bit. He seems satisfied and leaves or is no longer in the dream for some reason. I kind of get the impression that this is the coin shark's boss or affiliate perhaps. I ask the coin shark if he's a genie and he smiled, not necessarily implying "yes" but that he was amused by the question which I think people wonder a lot.

Raineyrocks

Wow, this is an awesome thread Dalebert, thanks!

The last recent dream I had that I can remember was Rick introducing me to his girlfriends and when I woke up I was really pissed at him, poor guy!  :P

I don't know if I posted this before but a few months ago I took an afternoon nap which is weird for me but whatever.  So anyways I had this dream that me, my daughter Carrie and other family members, (they were a little vague), were walking down this crowded city sidewalk.  I didn't see Carrie anymore so I turned around and she was hunched over, someone had stabbed her in the stomach as we were walking so we took her to the hospital.

It was taking them forever to see her and she wasn't doing so well, so this older guy that I didn't even know, helped me look up different hospitals in the area via The Yellow Pages.     Rick went to get the truck so we could bring Carrie to another hospital.  I picked her up to carry her out of the hospital and all of a sudden this extremely large, semi-circular shaped desk that was in the ER lobby turned into a huge mirror as I was walking past it with Carrie in my arms.   I saw Carrie when she was 1 or 2 years old in the mirror saying hi to herself in my arms through the mirror and "big" Carrie and "little" Carrie kept saying hi and waving to each other.

Basically that was the end of the dream and I woke up shaking and crying, it was very disturbing to say the least.   I couldn't shake my feeling from that dream and I couldn't stop crying so I knew it was one of my "something bad is going to happen" dreams.

I called Carrie who was a couple months pregnant at the time and out with her boyfriend.  I told her about the dream and that I had a weird feeling so becareful, she told me not to worry but I put one of those "protective" bubbles around her anyway.   Well about a half hour later I got a phone call and Carrie and her boyfriend were in a car accident, the car rolled over so it was pretty nasty and at that moment I knew Carrie was saying hi to her own daughter in my dream through that mirror even though no one knew what the baby was yet.   Well, guess what Carrie's having? :o   Weird, huh?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 14, 2008, 02:28 PM NHFT
Where is Swami Jim?

Here's mine: 
There was a party at our house boat for walk-for-liberty supporters.  But the Buchanans weren't there.  Everyone wanted to meet me.  There was food, candy, DDR, lots of fun stuff and friendly people, but I sat out for some reason.  I was wearing colorful bandannas and cutoff shorts.  I was having a good time and wondered why I didn't go out and eat and play.  Jim was worried that we were out of BBQ wood and that the floor boards were opening up, splitting in the middle due to the weight of all the people. 

Lauren's Dream

There was a party at our house boat
When You purchased the house boat we where made aware that there had been a party on the house boat and there was a good possibility that the house boat would sink the next time a party was held on it.  The house boat was a source of much angst though the 18 years that we lived on it.  Storms would bang it against the dock, floods would threaten to break it's morings, more than than once it broke loose during the night in high winds and finally the hull leaked to the point where we had to remove it from the water.  Which, in it's self, was 2 months in hell.
So house boat means anxiety.

party... for walk-for-liberty supporters
The 'Walk for Liberty' was and still is associated with Ron Paul, so the party would be a political party.

Buchanans weren't there
The Buchanans are not done with their walk so they would not be there and Ron Paul... he is no longer "at the party".

There was food, candy, DDR, lots of fun stuff and friendly people
These are the things you visualize when you think of the concept of a party.   

but I sat out for some reason... I was having a good time and wondered why I didn't go out and eat and play.
You gave up the party when Stefan Molyneux convinced you that political parties where immoral.

Everyone wanted to meet me.  I was wearing colorful bandannas and cutoff shorts.
This dream was a day or two after Palin was picked as Republican VP.
You spent 2 years in Alaska... so your from Alaska.  Your prettier than Palin.  And more qualified to be VP.  So everyone wanted to meet the VP of the Ron Paul party, who does not wish to be the Vice President.

Jim was worried that we were out of BBQ wood and that the floor boards were opening up, splitting in the middle
These are my general complaints about the Libertarian Party, that they are out of fuel and the party planks are messed up.

splitting in the middle due to the weight of all the people.
Goes back to being on the house boat and physical reason that the planks would break.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: zaphar on September 15, 2008, 01:18 AM NHFT
I don't really remember much of the dream I had last night, but in the beginning, my apartment was getting raided so I ended up escaping into the apartment building/house next door by somehow exiting out my second story window, crossing a 30' gap, and  into the second story window adjacent to mine. At that point I don't clearly remember what happened, but I think I somehow exited the building and got away. I don't remember what goes on other than heading south of my apartment. Towards the end of the dream I end up in a field that looked like this:

From the bottom of the picture, I walk up a grassy rolling slope towards the road, which rests on a mound of ground, higher than that surrounding it. The road (to the right) continues on, hugging a wooded slope on it's right and a grassy hill to it's left. When I finally reach the road and begin to walk down it, I'm fired upon by someone on top of the grassy hill. Instinctively, I jump down the slope on the road side opposite of the grassy hill. Knowing that if I stand up, it may be my last, I crawl along the slope towards the river (on the left side of the picture) and the bridge that passes over it. At the base of the bridge, I decide to take a look at the grassy hill. I cautiously creep up the side of the slope towards the road and see what appears to be a large gate (it looked kind of like the one in the Jurassic Park movie) used to restrict vehicle use of the bridge. At some point while I'm looking at this weird gate, a truck starts driving down the road  towards my position. I jump down the slope (again) and watch as it pulls up along side the gate. Some guy (he looked military or police, possibly the guy shooting at me) jumps out of the truck and walks to the side of the gate opposite of the bridge. I, for some reason, run up to the other side of the gate. The guy unlocks the gate and pushes the doors open, at this point, I thought he was going to walk through the gate, but he ended up walking back around the side. Knowing he was going to spot and shoot me, I use my element of surprise and shoot him. I flee to the woods (to the upper left) by the river which also has a road on the right side of it. Shortly after following this road into the woods, I notice that there are cars parked up ahead. As I get closer to them, I notice random articles of clothing, paper, trash, etc. laying next to them, as if someone had rummaged through them. No one was to be found, my stomach tightened up in terror. Was this the work of the person shooting at me? I had either stumbled upon a scene where something horrible had happened or was going to happen. I continued on by the cars and then I woke up.

I apologize if any of this is incoherent, I'm kind of tired.

I love your illustration, it's so cute! ;D  I know your dream was pretty scary but I still loved your drawing, how did you draw that by the way?

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on October 07, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT
Lauren's Dream

Jim was worried that we were out of BBQ wood and that the floor boards were opening up, splitting in the middle
These are my general complaints about the Libertarian Party, that they are out of fuel and the party planks are messed up.

Floor boards = political platform 
party = political party
:duh:
Of course, it all makes sense now.
I owe you a goat, Swami Jim.

Raineyrocks

I had a dream that I was Hulk Hogan's ex-wife but kissed Hulk when my new boyfriend went to use the bathroom.  Then I had a dream that I was late for a tag sale and sat up and yelled, "Rick we're late!".     :dontknow:

Poor Rick when I had a bad dream awhile ago, (I can't remember it now), but I smacked him across his face for real when he was trying to sleep.

dalebert

There was a nuclear power plant that had been taken over by some crime cartel and the workers were all being kept enslaved in horrible conditions to run the plant. Somehow, I'd gotten information that if any one of like four reactors were shut down, it would release everyone, like they were relying on the power to stay in control of it. The keys were around this little girl's neck and she exercised tyrannical control by threatening everyone and keeping them too afraid to do anything. I believe she had some kind of super powers but her dad was also some notorious mob boss. I was a superhero and was just playing along waiting for the right moment to do something. Finally I grabbed the little tyrant and telepathically forced her to sleep while I flew into the control room (I had wings and could pass through walls) of one of the reactors and used her key on the shutdown switch. I had to keep forcing her back to sleep because she had unusual resistance but I just remember being very determined because I was so appalled by the whole thing and VERY angry.

Pat K

Man the last dream I had, that I could remember
involved, getting a big appliance up a tight stair case
that had really nice tiles on the wall for an added degree
of difficulty.

How boring am I ?

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on October 12, 2008, 08:34 AM NHFT
Man the last dream I had, that I could remember
involved, getting a big appliance up a tight stair case
that had really nice tiles on the wall for an added degree
of difficulty.

It's funny how we all have our anxiety dreams and they're tailored to our particular anxieties. Mine used to be about being back in school and realizing I'd missed half a qtr before a big exam, then a few years later they were about being back in the Navy, then many years later they were about being back in college where I'd missed half a qtr before a big exam, and now they're occasionally about being back at my previous place of employment as an independent contractor without a proper badge.

dalebert

TackleTheWorld

Jim Johnson

Dale I think those dream drawings might indicate your gay.

Just a thought.

love Pat K .

dalebert

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on November 01, 2008, 09:39 PM NHFT
Dale I think those dream drawings might indicate your gay.

Just a thought.

love Pat K .

Wow, you're nearly as good as the Swami Jim!