• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I've had a couple nights in the last week where I had some extremely lucid dreams. These have been incredibly fascinating. I was very lucid during the dream, i.e. clear-headed and also aware I was dreaming. I decided to use this and sort of do a self-exploration. I had conversations with characters in the dream which is really fascinating because I know that I am essentially talking to myself and I'm very curious what I have to say. :)

I can't recall the details, but at one point, I wasn't happy with the resolution of a certain event in the dream and at one point, the dream "reset" like hitting the previous scene button on a DVD remote and I was experiencing a deja vu of a dream I just had moments before only this time I was able to make different choices and say different things to the characters in the dream. I can recall one conversation with a character where I am explaining to him that I'm from a world outside of the boundaries of the universe as he understands them to be.

As usual during dreams like this, there were some breath-takingly beautiful landscapes with other-worldly glowing cities, forests, etc. and I was flying over them. Most of the time, I am able to pass through barriers through force of will, though occasionally I would find a wall that impeded me. I usually start off flying very slowly, moving my arms like I am swimming through the air until I'm able to exert my will in a way that I'm moving much faster like Superman. To call these dreams pleasant would be quite an understatement. They're mind-blowing.

Dreams are reflective and symbolic of our waking lives. Just before the FTL show last night, I was chatting with Ian and Mark about how inspired I've felt and how I get more and more optimistic every day about the open-ended potential for our efforts here in NH and particularly in Keene. Ian had just given me the news about Pete Eyre moving here and establishing his base of operations here before traveling the country to talk about liberty and I literally felt a tingle down my spine. I was already in a great mood and that just somehow topped off the moment for me. Ironically, Mark discussed an email expressing an incredible amount of pessimism for the FSP, and frankly it was just completely alien and nonsensical to me. It seems you have to dig really deep to find reasons to be pessimistic right now. Sure, one can set some arbitrary criteria for some sort of immediate results and use that to discount things, but what I see is growing forward momentum and it seems you have to be blind to not see it.

For anyone who wants to experience dreams like this, I will give my layman's opinion about how to start. Keeping in mind that dreams are symbolic of our waking lives, you have to change your attitude about your waking life. You have to focus on all the good and positive things in your life. Take an assessment of all the things that motivate you every day, the things that you like about your life and that you want more of. When your dreams start to change, that's a big part of yourself that you may not have been very in tune with before that's now telling you that you're on the right track while at the same time offering you some constructive criticism for how to do even better. You're patting yourself on the back, I suppose.

Keep up the good work!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on April 04, 2009, 12:33 PM NHFT
I've had a couple nights in the last week where I had some extremely lucid dreams. These have been incredibly fascinating. I was very lucid during the dream, i.e. clear-headed and also aware I was dreaming. I decided to use this and sort of do a self-exploration. I had conversations with characters in the dream which is really fascinating because I know that I am essentially talking to myself and I'm very curious what I have to say. :)

I can't recall the details, but at one point, I wasn't happy with the resolution of a certain event in the dream and at one point, the dream "reset" like hitting the previous scene button on a DVD remote and I was experiencing a deja vu of a dream I just had moments before only this time I was able to make different choices and say different things to the characters in the dream. I can recall one conversation with a character where I am explaining to him that I'm from a world outside of the boundaries of the universe as he understands them to be.

As usual during dreams like this, there were some breath-takingly beautiful landscapes with other-worldly glowing cities, forests, etc. and I was flying over them. Most of the time, I am able to pass through barriers through force of will, though occasionally I would find a wall that impeded me. I usually start off flying very slowly, moving my arms like I am swimming through the air until I'm able to exert my will in a way that I'm moving much faster like Superman. To call these dreams pleasant would be quite an understatement. They're mind-blowing.

Dreams are reflective and symbolic of our waking lives. Just before the FTL show last night, I was chatting with Ian and Mark about how inspired I've felt and how I get more and more optimistic every day about the open-ended potential for our efforts here in NH and particularly in Keene. Ian had just given me the news about Pete Eyre moving here and establishing his base of operations here before traveling the country to talk about liberty and I literally felt a tingle down my spine. I was already in a great mood and that just somehow topped off the moment for me. Ironically, Mark discussed an email expressing an incredible amount of pessimism for the FSP, and frankly it was just completely alien and nonsensical to me. It seems you have to dig really deep to find reasons to be pessimistic right now. Sure, one can set some arbitrary criteria for some sort of immediate results and use that to discount things, but what I see is growing forward momentum and it seems you have to be blind to not see it.

For anyone who wants to experience dreams like this, I will give my layman's opinion about how to start. Keeping in mind that dreams are symbolic of our waking lives, you have to change your attitude about your waking life. You have to focus on all the good and positive things in your life. Take an assessment of all the things that motivate you every day, the things that you like about your life and that you want more of. When your dreams start to change, that's a big part of yourself that you may not have been very in tune with before that's now telling you that you're on the right track while at the same time offering you some constructive criticism for how to do even better. You're patting yourself on the back, I suppose.

Keep up the good work!

Yikes!  :o  If dreams are symbolic of our waking lives then I'm in trouble because I had a dream that our house was surrounded by the police with lights flashing and all.

dalebert

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 07, 2009, 02:46 PM NHFT
Yikes!  :o  If dreams are symbolic of our waking lives then I'm in trouble because I had a dream that our house was surrounded by the police with lights flashing and all.

What I meant was that they're symbolic of how we feel in our waking life. You're likely just be stressed about the police state and you feel trapped, or it could just be symbolic of feeling trapped in some other way in your personal, perhaps even emotionally, and the police are just an excellent symbol for that sense of entrapment. Flying dreams are often a reflection of when we actually feel very optimistic and empowered, or even more literally as a sense of freedom, especially when we may have previously felt trapped. If you resolve your sense of feeling trapped, maybe you'll have a flying dream!

Pat K

Or you could go with my thought.

Dreams are just the brains screen savers,
that it uses while defragging your brain while ya sleep.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on April 08, 2009, 01:53 PM NHFT

What I meant was that they're symbolic of how we feel in our waking life. You're likely just be stressed about the police state and you feel trapped, or it could just be symbolic of feeling trapped in some other way in your personal, perhaps even emotionally, and the police are just an excellent symbol for that sense of entrapment. Flying dreams are often a reflection of when we actually feel very optimistic and empowered, or even more literally as a sense of freedom, especially when we may have previously felt trapped. If you resolve your sense of feeling trapped, maybe you'll have a flying dream!

Oh!  :)  I kind of understand what your writing but gosh so many big words, I really tried!    :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on April 08, 2009, 03:08 PM NHFT
Or you could go with my thought.

Dreams are just the brains screen savers,
that it uses while defragging your brain while ya sleep.

Yeah, that one works for me!  ;D

AlaskanSky

Quote from: dalebert on September 04, 2008, 12:27 PM NHFT

Yeah, I can see that. I've had a mild obsession with the guy ever since I saw him because he's just really really nice to look at, but since I started watching his videos, he just seems like a really thoughtful, intelligent person, and really peace-oriented if a bit misguided and delusional. There's a disconnect there that bothers me. 

You described his character perfectly!

His convoluted ramblings sometimes irk me, but his heart is in the right place and that's what counts.  He's incredibly sweet.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one who developed a little crush on 0ThouArtThat0.    :blush:

I had a dream about sharing a meal with Jon Lovitz. What symbolism does that have? :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Andrew on May 15, 2009, 08:52 PM NHFT

I had a dream about sharing a meal with Jon Lovitz. What symbolism does that have? :-\

Geesh, I have no idea!  Dalebert, any ideas on this one?

Friday

Last night I dreamt about an anarchy crop circle.

The night before I dreamt that a well-known Porcupine murdered another well-known Porcupine.

Would you people please stop messing with my subconscious??   :P

dalebert

Last night I dreamt I flipped off a cop and he just walked away. It was right after breaking some stupid law with no victim though I don't remember what exactly, and the cop said something to me. I was wondering what the heck I was thinking after I did it, knowing I should stand my ground and stick to my principles but not be so confrontational. Anyway, after he walked away, a little time passed and I was thinking everything was going to be okay, and then he comes back and puts a cloth hood over my head and cuffs my hands behind my back. I remember I could see out which was odd. I just recall being at peace with the idea that I was going to jail for my principles but also wondering what would come of it. Wondering if people would write me. If they would make a lot of effort to disconnect me from any support and how long it would be before the people on the outside forgot about me. It was a bit soul-crushing but if anything it just encouraged me to be that much more thoughtful about the people who are in jail for standing up for our shared principles of non-violence.

dalebert

This morning's dream, I was at some event with a lot of anarchist vloggers from YouTube including Luke12000 and Junior00Bacon00Chee. It seemed like some multi-day event with some kind of rigorous schedule and then there was a shift and I was supposed to be putting on a tuxedo for some reason. I was holding up the event as I gathered all the parts to my tux but some lady was trying to talk to me or trying to sell me something or what-not and it suddenly clicked that I was getting married and I told her that I was the bride so she'd realize why I was in a hurry and leave me alone. I thought that was kind of funny.

My tux was white. I was finishing getting ready and there were several people around me. Suddenly the cold feet hit me and I got really nervous. I was having the most pronounced physical symptoms of nervousness I've ever had. I could hardly speak and I was shaking and having trouble dressing. One guy said he was a fan, and I said "Oh, are you talking about the comic?" I suddenly realized I couldn't remember who I was marrying. But then I was like, ah fuck it. How bad can it be? If it doesn't work out, I'll move on. It's like, even though I couldn't remember, I decided to trust my own judgement. Haha!

I got quite a bit less nervous then. It was more just nervousness of trying not to fuck up the wedding too much at that point since I was already running late. I could hear some performers trying to do a little bit of the show they were going to do at a reception. It was a pretty big event. The pastor from my first church whom I was named after came back to say "hi" and give me a hug. I saw my mom wave at me from a part of the big room where the wedding was going to happen. She looked really happy.

And then at some point I realized I was dreaming. I think it was when I was suddenly in just my underwear. It was a relief to know it was all a dream, but then I got curious. Like often happens when I realize I'm dreaming, I wanted to see what was going to happen so I decided to play along. But then I had to get dressed again. I was trying to will the tux to come back but I realized that I was actually sleeping in my underwear and I could kind of feel that I wasn't dressed so it was difficult, but it finally happened. Then I realize I had short pants which was ridiculous and I fixed that. Then I realized I didn't have my tie or a vest. I didn't worry about the vest and was looking around for a tie and I was like "Come on, it's your dream. It's all in your head. There's a tie here." and something on the table that didn't look like a tie at first suddenly was a tie, though not the bow type for a tux, but I didn't even think about that. And as I was putting on the tie and trying to use a little dream whammy again because it was hard, I woke up.

Pat K

White Tux? yah  ::).......................

TackleTheWorld

If you married someone or something, who or what would it be that makes your mom really happy?

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 11, 2009, 11:24 AM NHFT
If you married someone or something, who or what would it be that makes your mom really happy?

Whatever makes me happy is all I can think of. She's never expressed any kind of preference that I can think of. She and my sister both REALLY liked a guy who was just a friend of mine when they visited me in CA, though maybe they thought there was potential for something else. I did have a long-term crush on him but he was taken and we probably weren't really relationship material anyway. He was a really good-looking half Hawaiian, half Filipino with a good job. He worked at the same place as me as a computer programmer. My family seems to have a preference for darker features, maybe because we're so Caucasian we can get skin cancer from a Florida postcard. I guess we're subconsciously trying to have kids who won't go up in puff of smoke when they step into the sun.

I suppose based on indirect experience, I could deduce something. She's expressed disapproval for a sibling's choice of mate for issues of acting irresponsible, particularly financially but also with things like how they treat her grandchildren. She thinks her grandchildren are really good kids and my sister is too strict and she and her husband spend lots of money irresponsibly on themselves and don't let the kids have much of any lives of their own. That disapproval goes equally as much to my sister though.

She's also expressed considerable approval for a different sibling's choice of mate because she stuck by my brother through some really hard times when he was targeted by police and jailed for months without a trial and then stuck with an expensive ankle bracelet. She doesn't have much money but she works hard and is financially responsible and she bent over backwards to be there for her husband, my brother. Mostly my mom and I agree on all of that.

You reminded me of something that happened that I forgot about. The pastor of my old church who came back to congratulate me was fired by the Baptist church when they found out he was gay. He moved on to the secular sector after that. He was there with his wife, which is obviously odd since he's gay and not married to my knowledge. I tried to hug her and she flinched and I "remembered" in the dream that she was extremely shy and averse to any physical contact, kind of a germophobe. It makes no sense, of course, to remember her because she's not a real person that I know of. Manufactured completely in the dream. She does kind of remind me of a woman my dad married late in life that I never met but my mom described to me. I all but defooed my dad; not 100% but maybe like 97%. Never saw my dad in this dream. I did see him about a week ago in a dream.

Wow, see why this is in the TMI thread?!