• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

You can dream of anything, even impossible things. Everything in a dream is artificial, everything is made by you.  Therefore everything in a dream is chosen.  Nothing in a dream is random or nonsensical, some part of your brain has chosen to show it.   Everything is like a work of art, this person, this clothing, the words spoken all could have been anything, but were shown as these specific forms.

Kat Kanning

It's not on the TMI board. 

NSA computers are analyzing your psychology as we speak.

dalebert

dalebert

Something just occurred to me! As is often the case with dreams, they are very symbolic. Lauren said if I married someone or something, what would make my mom happy. The marriage is Quakerism! Hence my former pastor, of all people, coming and congratulating me. The thoughts I was having in the dream about this vague person whom I didn't know or at least didn't remember are much like my feelings about Quakerism. It's still not completely clear to me and I don't know if it's a match for me or not. Meanwhile, I've expressed some degree of commitment already, probably prematurely, by calling myself a Quaker. I converted instantly on FTL, in a manner of speaking, on very little information from Mark and perhaps a few stories I've heard about Quakers over the years.

And of course my mom is happy because I'm sure it sounds better than atheist to her even though it's still a far cry from Baptist or even Christian.

dalebert

You ever have a weird dream and wonder why some character is acting really strangely, maybe even bugging you with their odd behavior? Then you wake up and go "Wow, that character was ME!" because it's all in your head. YOU made them ac...t that way. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on in the parts of your brain that are outside of your conscious level, doesn't it?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on August 26, 2009, 09:56 PM NHFT
You ever have a weird dream and wonder why some character is acting really strangely, maybe even bugging you with their odd behavior? Then you wake up and go "Wow, that character was ME!" because it's all in your head. YOU made them ac...t that way. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on in the parts of your brain that are outside of your conscious level, doesn't it?

Yup, it sure does.  :)

EthanLeeVita

So...in the recesses of my mind the following dream arose.

I was walking in lushgreen grass(cut, but not freshly so, possibly wet with dew) under the shade of trees in what I assume was the northwest. There were farm buildings as if by the Amish. I make my way over to one building and knock on glass door. No answer. So I open it, step inside and knock on glass door again. Nothing. So I step back outside not wanting to barge in on someone's house and call out a few times. Finally, someone comes out!

Its a leprechaun! But without all of that stereotypical jazz ;) Just a smaller man. I ask if I can come inside. He said no, so I stood partially inside and outside in the doorway as he did things in the kitchen. I begin asking him about Quaker views. He explained something like Church of LDS or Church of Scientology(not the same, but the general idea of unusual beliefs). At the end, I ask him if I can go to the bathroom and he says no, I can't come inside. I leave.

Thoughts?

dalebert

Well it sounds like you have curiosity about Quakerism and it seems kind of mysterious to you and there's a general feeling of not feeling welcome. The house and the owner of the house certainly seem to be analogous to Quakerism.

Have you been curious about it and yet apprehensive about doing what it would take to find out more like attending a meeting? Do you feel like your current beliefs (or lack thereof) disqualify you from participating in some way? Maybe I and some others who have been going can resolve your questions for you. The fact that your dreaming about it implies that it's something weighing on your mind to some extent.

That's just my take on it, of course.

TackleTheWorld

But it wasn't mysterious at all, the door was glass.  Ethan could see  everything that was happening inside, and it was ... what?   Ethan didn't say how he felt as he watched the happenings in the house.  If it was pleasant, he may like to get into the religion; if it was uneasy, he may like to get out of religion. 

EthanLeeVita

Dale: Might be. I tend to keep religion to myself though so I wouldn't admit either way. I think a large part of it was reading on FreeKeene Forums about Quakers not necessarily being Christian since when beliefs were explained it was very non-Orthodox Christian explanation.

Lauren: It was dark(not excessively so, just lights off/natural lighting in a shaded forest-like area) and quiet. Modern design on inside, but outside architecture was farm-like. It was peaceful inside, but I like quiet so that may be why I think that.

dalebert

Good points, Lauren. I think how you felt at the time about what was going on is extremely relevant.

dalebert

Wow, okay here's a suggestion. Don't try to interpret the meaning of your dreams WHILE you're dreaming. I tried that last night and it's just silly. I saw some shady character and immediately thought "OK, I wonder what he represents?" I think it's probably best to be fully conscious before you start analyzing.  ::)

EthanLeeVita

You do lucid dreaming too? Sweet. Those are my favorite types of dreams. I haven't had one in a long time though with my decrease in sleep recently.

Friday

Last night I dreamt I was just about to leave on a vacation to Australia (which is a place I've wanted to visit and/or move to since I was a kid).  All sorts of ridiculous things kept getting in the way of making my plane on time.  I remembered, mere hours before the flight, that I hadn't renewed my passport.  But then I checked it and it turned out to be valid for another two weeks.  Then I took a detour in a car with someone, and she parked the car in a certain spot, and we went and did something and when we came back a dam had released floodwaters or something and her car was underwater in the middle of a lake!  So then we were swimming towards the car, but halfway there realized it was pointless, her car was a goner.  But we still could take MY car to the airport. So we swam back to shore, and were running I'm not sure where. Somehow I was now with a group of people, and they were all miraculously dry and clothed, while I was still dripping wet in my underwear and trying to get dressed while running.  Anyway, like I said, it was all very ridiculous, and my alarm clock woke me up before I got to find out whether or not I caught my plane. But somehow, it left me with a feeling of hope.   :) 

:Leaving_in_a_jet_plane____by_

dalebert

I think you REALLY want to make that trip happen and are fed up with your own excuses for not going. That's just my take. :)