• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on April 16, 2010, 12:16 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on April 15, 2010, 09:04 AM NHFT
I can't remember much about it, but I was having some kind of apocalypse-themed dream.  I just recall that it wasn't that scary and I was taking it all in stride.

It's the end of the world as we know it,
but Dale feels fine.

Gee Pat, that kind of reminds me of a song I know.   :)

Jim Johnson

I can't remember much about it, but I was having some kind of apocalypse-themed dream.  I just recall that it wasn't that scary and I was taking it all in stride.

I had that dream last night. 
The news people where getting set to make a big announcement, but anyone who cared could see the big fire ball on the horizon.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on April 16, 2010, 06:07 AM NHFT

I had that dream last night. 
The news people where getting set to make a big announcement, but anyone who cared could see the big fire ball on the horizon.

Wow, are you serious?

Jim Johnson

Yes, but not deadly serious...   or even as serious as a heart attack.... but pretty serious... but not pretty darn serious.

dalebert

I dreamed I had a very skinny and useless vestigial arm coming out from around the elbow region of my right arm.  It was kind of like a thin tree branch (about the thickness of two straws together) with a small flat hand and four flat fingers on the end.  It was about a foot or a foot and a half long.  The hand was about a fourth the size of my regular hand.  I was showing it to some people and planning to cut it off.  I felt around the base of it and it had sensation so I was a little worried it would hurt when I snip it.  I then realized that when I moved my right pinky and/or the finger next to it, the fingers on the hand moved too like the nerves were crossed a little.

I'm sure it's symbolic of something I feel is a part of me that I feel is useless and unseemly and want to just get rid of it.  Any thoughts, Swami Jim?

Jim Johnson

My first thought was that the vestigial hand had four fingers, which could mean that it is related to your comics.  Comics are traditionally drawn with four fingers.
If I remember correctly your comics come out of your right hand.

You compared your vestigial arm to a limb, a tree limb with a flat hand which would be a leaf, so something that grows from you.   Your rate of comic production has shriveled lately, so not a robust arm.

''...I feel [it] is useless and unseemly...''
Art requires a that a person open themselves to the world.  It exposes an artists thoughts and feelings.  This can be very unseemly when the wrong comments are brought back about the work.  It may also give one a sense of wasted effort.

Your comics require a great deal of effort and little is returned to you.  You may be considering whether to stop the comics, which I imagine might be painful to you.

I might also check to see if you have a wild hair growing on your elbow.

Free libertarian

I dreamed I was a kid again, in from sledding on a cold night and warming up with a cup of my moms vestigial  soup, no wait it was tomato.  Definitely tomato.   ;D 

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on April 28, 2010, 01:20 PM NHFT
I dreamed I had a very skinny and useless vestigial arm coming out from around the elbow region of my right arm.  It was kind of like a thin tree branch (about the thickness of two straws together) with a small flat hand and four flat fingers on the end.  It was about a foot or a foot and a half long.  The hand was about a fourth the size of my regular hand.  I was showing it to some people and planning to cut it off.  I felt around the base of it and it had sensation so I was a little worried it would hurt when I snip it.  I then realized that when I moved my right pinky and/or the finger next to it, the fingers on the hand moved too like the nerves were crossed a little.

I'm sure it's symbolic of something I feel is a part of me that I feel is useless and unseemly and want to just get rid of it.  Any thoughts, Swami Jim?

My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Now You Are Family

dalebert

dalebert

I dreamed I was the main character in a movie and I knew what was going to happen but was powerless to change any of it.  Some guy switched a few items of his with some of mine in my backpack including his passport and some other identifying information that didn't have any photos for some reason and the TSA and what seemed like maybe CIA or FBI agents as well began terrorizing me and refusing to even consider my explanation that someone was setting me up and probably off to do some kind of horrible crime free of the attention that was being diverted to me, an innocent person.  At one point, they were physically torturing me by holding blocks of ice against different parts of my body.  It was all very unpleasant and it felt like a really long dream that would never end.  Through it all, I couldn't shake the feeling that they knew they were being completely unreasonable and just didn't care.  They just enjoyed doing what they were doing.

Jim Johnson

Uhm, well... most of that is really happening.

dalebert

Quote from: Jim Johnson on May 05, 2010, 04:01 PM NHFT
Uhm, well... most of that is really happening.

Pretty much.  It felt like just an anxiety dream (albeit a really elaborate one) about the general direction of the police state.

Jim Johnson

You should just sit back, enjoy a goat ka-bob with tea and dream of beautiful things.
Do this for one hour everyday. 

You will go from this    :sad1:    to this    :icon_sunny:   

dalebert

That's sort of what I already do once a week, but maybe I should do it daily.  I actually sleep really well and have pleasant dreams most nights.  This is not the norm.  Well... except for those damned pee-stress dreams.  Those seem to happen maybe once a week.

dalebert

I was threatened by a gang of teenage girls who were wearing bee costumes and carrying stingers like they were daggers and they were also the size of daggers.  They threatened to sting me with it if I didn't give them some key.  As I understood it, the stingers were extremely painful and could even result in death.  I didn't have it on me and they suspected I was hiding something in a hidden compartment in the table I was sitting at.  I showed them what was in it and it had a key, but not the one they wanted.  I let them take it so they could prove it wasn't the key but that I wanted it back soon.  They said they'd have it back in an hour and a half.

Later I was eating one of the chocolates the bee girls sell.  It was made with their honey or something.  It was the size of a small sandwich.  Someone got onto me about eating their chocolates because Kat sold chocolates and I should be buying her chocolates instead.  I said I just wanted to try it and wasn't going to buy any more from them.