• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

That's the short version of yesterdays Social Sunday.   :)

dalebert

Lloyd Danforth

I'm not sure what a Goat Kabob is, but one an hour seemed excessive. Then I re read the post.

Tom Sawyer

If the Bee Girls can't make you go hetero... nothing can.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: dalebert on May 31, 2010, 08:05 AM NHFT
I showed them what was in it and it had a key, but not the one they wanted.  I let them take it so they could prove it wasn't the key but that I wanted it back soon.  They said they'd have it back in an hour and a half.

Did the bee girls think that was the key they wanted?  Were they excited to find it?

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on May 31, 2010, 06:08 PM NHFT
Did the bee girls think that was the key they wanted?  Were they excited to find it?

I told them it wasn't, but because I was hostile and only cooperating under duress, they were unwilling to take my word for it.  That's why I said "go see for yourself, but please return the key afterward because I need it."  So no, they weren't particularly excited.  They did seem pacified that I cooperated at least somewhat and content that their threats had succeeded to some degree.

Later, I stopped by and asked them if they were done with the key yet.  I was proud of myself for having the guts to confront them about it.  They weren't but it hadn't been an hour and a half yet so I let it go.

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Great band Twirly, Hippy Girl... lol

dalebert

I dreamed about taking a shortcut over people's rooftops.  It was a familiar shortcut to me and I usually leapt skillfully from one place to the next with no problem.  It was sort of Spider-man-ish.  Actually, Assassin's Creed would be more descriptive of what it was like and I now realize I've been seeing my roommates play that a lot.  The rooftops were made of sod with a bit of grass growing on them.  In my mind, this seemed okay because I was always careful not to damage anything and I could come and go without bothering anyone.  It was night and I usually went unnoticed but some guy was sitting out on his porch this time so I asked him if he would mind me going through.  He said that was fine and actually seemed a little fascinated with my shortcut process.  Then I had to climb a little bit to get to the next, slightly higher rooftop and I think someone who was at their kitchen sink inside saw me and was freaking out a little bit like I might be an intruder.  Guess I kinda was; just without ill intent.  So I needed to make a break for it.

This transitioned to me thinking about designing my hobbit hole that I've always thought would be cool.  Kind of inspired by Russell's work earlier.  The sod rooftops made me think of it.  So I was now kind of half-awake but as I imagined my design, I was seeing it very clearly take shape and I could check out the stairways, walk around inside, etc.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: dalebert on June 08, 2010, 07:12 AM NHFT
This transitioned to me thinking about designing my hobbit hole that I've always thought would be cool.  Kind of inspired by Russell's work earlier.  The sod rooftops made me think of it.  So I was now kind of half-awake but as I imagined my design, I was seeing it very clearly take shape and I could check out the stairways, walk around inside, etc.

http://www.simondale.net/house/

My thinking is find two hills that make a saddle, span the hilltops with a beam, and build between the hills. Natural drainage down the saddle that way.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: dalebert on June 08, 2010, 07:12 AM NHFT
I dreamed about taking a shortcut over people's rooftops.
There's a bunch of metaphors there: walking over people, going over people's heads, being above people.  Any sound like they describe your situation?

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on June 08, 2010, 10:57 AM NHFT
There's a bunch of metaphors there: walking over people, going over people's heads, being above people.  Any sound like they describe your situation?

Darn.  I was going to talk to you about this at Movie Night.

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

That's pretty sad................

I think.

dalebert

I had a dream they were selling green beans at this little hole-in-the-wall grocery that had golden beans inside and they didn't cost any more than regular beans.  At one point, I was thinking I had plenty of beans already (that were like that) and then I suddenly came to my senses and was like "WTF! I need to buy every single one of these beans or at least as much as I can afford!"  Then I woke up to my alarm for court.