• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 18, 2014, 09:35 PM NHFT
Some sing'ng... some dance'ng... it still needs a story.

OK we have Johnson as choreographer, who else can we get?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 19, 2014, 07:18 AM NHFT

We have no need for useless things here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_eUew3zsrM

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 19, 2014, 09:49 AM NHFT

Wow, I didn't expect you to share your home movies.  ;D

I have never vomited and laughed at the same time before.

I was hoping you were going to get the Sucker Punch girls to be in the musical... cuz that would be more than swell.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 19, 2014, 10:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 19, 2014, 09:49 AM NHFT

Wow, I didn't expect you to share your home movies.  ;D

I have never vomited and laughed at the same time before.

I was hoping you were going to get the Sucker Punch girls to be in the musical... cuz that would be more than swell.

The swelling will be temporary.

WithoutAPaddle

Had one this morning.  I was staying in an old motel that likely rented mostly weekly, and when I went outside to open the locker associated with my room, I noticed that it was next to the locker of some studio musician I knew from long ago who had stashed some paperwork in it regarding John Lennon from back when he had briefly worked with him, which he thought would be worth a lot some day, and since the key was "hidden" on top of the locker, I grabbed the stuff and put it in a plastic grocery bag.

I went back to my motel room and started going through it but the police came to my door, not relating to this but because I had been sharing my room with a girl who they had just arrested for some minor, unrelated matter and her stuff was still in the room, so I hastily stuffed the locker contents back into the bag and invited the cops in to search her stuff and take what they wanted to.

Then I went to an outdoor cafe where I emptied the contents of the bag on a bench and looked for the letter from Lennon describing the contents, which I was sure was in there, but it turned out that the letter I found was written by the studio musician himself, and while I was reading it, a guy who had managed a live entertainment club and booked local acts for it helped me sort through it.  We looked at some old, black and white photos and he said they were probably of the crew of the J. Geils Band.

I put the stuff back in the bag, except for the letter, which I stuffed into one of my pockets.  I then went to an apartment of someone where I intended to examine the contents again, and I searched my pockets for the letter, hoping that I had misread it and that it was, in fact, from Lennon, but I didn't remember which pocket it was in and I couldn't find it.  I decided to leave the apartment, but the only ways out were to go through some ground level retail stores that were beneath it, so I slinked my way down into a store that was closed but occupied by the owner and an employee, and managed to avoid breaking whatever I had climbed down, which was some kind of display.  I don't think the dream ended there but I don't remember what happened after that.

FWIW, in real life, I had "googled" The Immigrant Song earlier that day, just to confirm the content of a post I was composing for another thread regarding Neil Sedaka, and nearly 40 years ago, I spoke to someone on the J. Geils's Band crew about doing some work with their "flash pots".

Tom Sawyer

Rock and Roll content earned your dream a karma point    ;D 8)

I'm sure Johnson, the dream interpreter, will correct me... But here goes.

Feelings about the paths that your life could have taken.

Extra points for good name dropping,  8) ;D

dalebert

dalebert

I was at some event, a conference or something, maybe Liberty Forum because I think other free-staters were there. Andy Samberg was there, presumably as a guest, and I thought he had gotten my name tag by mistake. I think I tried to get his attention but he was distracted so I just walked up and grabbed it off of him. He didn't notice. Then I looked closer and saw it said "role-model" and embarrassingly realized it wasn't my name tag after all and gave it back to him. Then I found my name tag at the registration table.

Jim Johnson

Andy Samberg is an anagram for grandames, dragsman and mangabey... but one should always check at registration first.

Tom Sawyer

So I was dreaming that Ron Paul visited our house. He stepped into the door and told me he had to pee. For some reason I was thinking of him as a country boy, so I said well go where ever you like. Thinking he would just pee on a tree or some-such.

Imagine my surprise when he peed in the trashcan, right beside the toilet.  ;D ;D ;D

dalebert

I was in some weird dimension where everyone spoke softly. It kind of felt like some version of Heaven. They weren't capable of speaking above a whisper. And everyone's body's were soft and their skin was really smooth. There was sort of a mall with a food court where everything was free. There were vending machines that only needed to have the supplies swapped out by us and the supplies were endless.

Then a few people showed up who had hard, sharp crystals growing out of their skin in places. They had a sharp crystal for every act of aggression from their previous lives. They were bullies and they would take pieces of their crystals out of their skin and threaten people with them. I suggested that we snatch crystals from them and defend ourselves.

Jim Johnson

dalebert

I'll post the short version first.

Last night--out of clean underwear. Have somewhere to be at 1pm today. Realize I MUST remember to do laundry first thing this morning so it will be clean and dry in time.
Go to sleep. Have anxiety dreams all night about forgetting to do my laundry and I keep getting distracted when I start to go do it.
Wake up and feel very relieved it was just a dream.
Find Kaya sleeping on my laundry pile, something she has NEVER done.

Longer version. Get comfy. This one's a doozy. Before the dream description, a little setup.

So the last couple of days, I've been aware that I desperately need to do laundry. I was going to run out of underwear as of today. But then I had to rush down to Keene unexpectedly yesterday and all day was completely booked up (shovel 3 feet of snow off my roof and then rush back for a D&D game last night), and I have somewhere to be at 1pm today so I knew from experience that I better put laundry in first thing in the morning before I got distracted making coffee and working on other stuff so it would have time to wash and then dry so I can shower and have clean underwear today.

The dream(s)...

I'm at some nerdy convention and I get invited to join a GURPS game (a weird role-playing game) that already has like 20 players. Lots of pressure so I join them and sit at the table and realize it's going to be forever until it's my turn to do anything and it's just way too many people and it's going to take a while. I suddenly remember I need to do my laundry and it's already after 10am so I bail on the game to go back to my room.

On the way, I happen upon this gathering of amazing cos-players (people wearing elaborate homemade costume of their favorite characters from fiction), all superheros, and they're all sitting on, standing on, or hanging from this huge temporary construction latticework nearly filling this large atrium. They're apparently gathering due to some real threat so it's like they're real superheros and I get the impression at least some might have real powers because they have glowing auras or fire in their hands or what-not. They're apparently trying to pick a leader because some guy points at me as I arrive quite late and confidently says "He should be our leader." I feel a little flattered, but it seems ridiculous. I say "You don't even know anything about me," and I sit down.

Then I remember I'm already running late for getting my laundry started and I get really mad at myself for forgetting, AGAIN. I get up and sort of float out the door. I start to become aware that I'm dreaming, sort of, but I feel like I have to get back to my hotel room. I think it symbolizes waking up. Going upward in a dream always seems to be symbolic of waking for me. I'm flying as fast as I can, which still feels really slow like I'm getting a lot of air resistance or something. I realize I don't know my room number and it occurs to me to check my pocket for a key and there's a key chain with the floor and number (4 and 8). So I press the button for floor 4 and the elevator is going up and I wake up. This isn't a fake-out. I actually did wake up.

I feel very relieved to know that it was just a dream, it's still early, and I've remembered that I need to do my laundry. I lie there for a while getting up the energy to get up and I can hear the raspy sounds of Kaya licking herself. She used to always sleep in the bed with me but the last few weeks she's been staying in the living room in front of the furnace all night for some bizarre reason. So it's odd to me that she's even in my room at all. Then I hear her snoring and it again strikes me as weird that she's in my room sleeping, but not in bed with me.

When I finally get up, she's sleeping right smack in the middle of my pile of dirty laundry, something I have NEVER seen her do. I hate to disturb her if I don't have to so I try to make just a little bit of noise. She's usually been up and is impatiently waiting for me to feed her when I wake up but not today and I figure she just needs to realize I'm up so I'm making a little more noise near her. No use. I go in the kitchen and start heating water for coffee and all the stuff that usually brings her running for breakfast. Nope. She's still sound asleep. Finally I just start putting items into my laundry bin starting with the things she's less on top of and she wakes up but stays put. It's not until I've gotten almost everything and finally pull several items from underneath her that she finally gets up.

I'm not one to believe in psychic crap. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this. I think maybe I was talking in my sleep about my laundry and she overheard me and decided to play a joke on me.

Jim Johnson

Cats know everything and people are just too easy to mess with.

Free libertarian

Dale,

Your cat is trying to tell you if it had an opposable thumb it would fold your laundry for you.  It also would appreciate a can of tuna for considering doing this.