• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

For all you Geeks and Nerds

Started by AnarchoJesse, September 08, 2008, 05:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: aod318 on September 21, 2008, 01:37 PM NHFT
Just so I fully understand, you would be gaming in the Monadnock/Keene area?  Right?  At Vendetta?

Yes, in Keene, but not at Vendetta. There is a comic books shop literally a minutes walk from it called "Comic Boom" where I'll be using the table space.

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: Puke on September 11, 2008, 05:19 AM NHFT
If you count being a soldier for 6 years LARPing...

Otherwise, no god dammit!

:pout:
QuoteMilitary simulation

Military simulation (mil-sim) LARPs focus on military operations, often in modern or futuristic settings. Many include live combat with laser tag, airsoft or paintball markers. Some mil-sims have a hard-core approach and attention to detail that resembles police exercises or war games conducted by the military. Players may take on combat roles or play non-combatants such as civilians or VIPs.
Looks like those field training exercises are considered a form of LARP.  I've played a paintball version of a combat LARP game.  When I started out I used a lot of paint using the spray-and-pray method, but as I learned more about combat, I changed my tactics.  I started using concealment and cover to my advantage and would wait for my opponents to get close enough for me to have a sure shot, then I would usually hit them with 2 paintballs.  The first time I got a guy with 2 paintballs on the lens of his mask from about 8 feet away was priceless.  Those were fun times.  It's been years since I last played.

dalebert

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on September 22, 2008, 09:00 AM NHFT
There is a comic books shop literally a minutes walk from it called "Comic Boom" where I'll be using the table space.

Liar! I bet I can walk there in 30 seconds from Vendetta!

Mike Barskey

By the way, when is the first play-date? This Sunday, September 28?

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Mike Barskey on September 22, 2008, 11:14 AM NHFT
By the way, when is the first play-date? This Sunday, September 28?

Shit, didn't see this till today.

No, not today. I think the second weekend of November will be a good start, so everyone can properly be set up before we go.

Mike Barskey

Doh! I forgot about this. It was going to be today. Did it happen? If not, are y'all still interested?

dalebert

It didn't happen. Jesse procrastinated with some stupid literature lesson about Thoreau and Civil Disobedience in the Keene Central Square. ;)