• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

No longer smartest in the room

Started by Dave Ridley, January 17, 2005, 10:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Remember that scene from Broadcast News where the manager sarcastically says to the news producer something like "it must be nice to be the smartest person in the room, always knowing the right thing to do..."  and she says "No, it's *awful.*"

Well before I moved to NH I always felt like while I wasn't the smartest I often *was* the only person in the room who knew the right thing to do....especially if that room was a city council chamber or what not.  And yes it does feel awful.

But as I watch these events and discussions unfold I realize now I'm surrounded by folks like you guys who not only know what's right; you often have better ideas and are smarter than me!    And it feels awesome!   

No longer am I the only one saying "this is wrong!"  No longer do "liberty things" happen only if I do them.   This is might-ee cool!

Michael Fisher

Agreed!

I merely existed in Burlinton, Vermont.  It was so lonely...   :'(   LOL

Here in New Hampshire, I actually feel ALIVE!   :)

AlanM

The Spirit of Liberty survives in NH. Now we just have to convert the Spirit into flesh and blood.