• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

5th of November Bonfire

Started by Kat Kanning, September 12, 2008, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Porcupine on September 12, 2008, 11:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on September 12, 2008, 07:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Porcupine on September 12, 2008, 10:44 AM NHFT
No. You?
Yes. Just not sure that I'm truly supportive of the Gunpowder Plot. In essence it would have just reversed the which residents of GB that would be living under duress.

Probably not. But we'll never know. The idea behind standing up against an oppressive government...okay that is redundant....standing up against a government in such a profound way is what I am celebrating. Also, the importance of the character "V" and the book and the movie for me.
The quote from the movie is intriguing...
But I could never surmise whether it was the support of disestablishmentarism or for the actual act (Gunpowder Plot) itself.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on September 13, 2008, 11:12 AM NHFT
The quote from the movie is intriguing...
But I could never surmise whether it was the support of disestablishmentarism or for the actual act (Gunpowder Plot) itself.

Well V was very into symbolism effecting a change so I'd say it is both a support of disestablishmentarism and the  plot.

Kat Kanning

Bumping this up.  We got lots of stuff to burn  ;D

Russell Kanning

we will start the fire at sunset ... about 5pm Shire Time

Porcupine_in_MA

You wouldn't want anyone wearing V masks to come, right?

Kat Kanning

No no...we wouldn't want to cause any government people any "consternation".

Fluff and Stuff

Is there going to be a showing of the movie on the 5th at the location or should I rewatch it for the millionth time before I go?

Kat Kanning

Yeah we should watch it on our big screen TV. (heh)  Does anyone have a copy to bring, or should I try and get a copy?

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 27, 2008, 12:14 PM NHFT
Yeah we should watch it on our big screen TV. (heh) 

I know what that "heh" means. :) heh!

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 27, 2008, 12:14 PM NHFTDoes anyone have a copy to bring, or should I try and get a copy?

I have V for Vendetta on DVD. I plan to be there on the 5th, so I'll bring it.

Fluff and Stuff

Pat K

I don't know if Grafton is ready for the big screen.

dalebert

Wasn't there was some discussion of more public events going on for the 5th in various locations around NH?

Porcupine_in_MA

We'll probably head over to Vendetta's and stop by cause Greg has got stuff going on for that day too and then head up to Grafton.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 27, 2008, 12:17 PM NHFT

I know what that "heh" means. :) heh!

I have V for Vendetta on DVD. I plan to be there on the 5th, so I'll bring it.

Thanks!  I only hope your DVD is worthy of being seen on our big screen TV.  ;)

Porcupine_in_MA

I take it this "big" screen tv isn't so big.