• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

5th of November Bonfire

Started by Kat Kanning, September 12, 2008, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

How late is this party going to last?

Jennifer

Is anyone going from the Keene area that I could get a ride from?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on November 04, 2008, 08:57 AM NHFT
How late is this party going to last?

People can stay as late as they want.  Russell and I might fall asleep early.

Russell Kanning

until we run out of brush to burn .... or it starts raining tomorrrow

FreelanceFreedomFighter

We discussed coming up for the bonfire tonight, but there are a few things stopping us...

1. have to get up early (5AM) to go to work.
2. have to think about the kids bed time.
3. we're either 95 miles away by back roads or 140 miles away by highway. Either way will take between 2-2.5 hours of travel each way.
4. leaving after we get home from work would put us there between 8-8:30... leaving there (even at 9:30, which we'd want to stay later than that) would put us back home around midnight... see #1.

Instead, we will raise a glass, light a cigar, hug the kids & spouse, and realize that the only way to live free in this country now is to go underground completely. (Which should happen in less than a year.)

Good luck and have fun...

X

Lloyd Danforth

Can you have an outdoor fire?  Maybe in one of those ceramic thingys.  Have a fire.  Sit in front of it with the kids and all of you memorize the Rhyme:

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Your kids will grow up wondering why all parents didn't do this.

Happy 5th!

Puke

Hope you guys have fun.
Damn this job thing that prevents endless partying!  >:(

Pat K

Quote from: Puke on November 05, 2008, 03:24 PM NHFT
Hope you guys have fun.

Be gratfull, if not for that you would
never get any rest.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Puke

Quote from: Pat K on November 05, 2008, 03:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Puke on November 05, 2008, 03:24 PM NHFT
Hope you guys have fun.
Be gratfull, if not for that you would
never get any rest.  ;D

True.

AntonLee

I keep saying I want to get up to visit grafton but either it's a money issue, a time issue, or work issue.  I went down to Seabrook beach and lit off my "Reign of Fire" fireworks.  We then watched as 2 cruisers sped by us on the way to the scene of the crime.  We were already halfway home.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: AntonLee on November 05, 2008, 07:39 PM NHFT
I keep saying I want to get up to visit grafton but either it's a money issue, a time issue, or work issue.  I went down to Seabrook beach and lit off my "Reign of Fire" fireworks.  We then watched as 2 cruisers sped by us on the way to the scene of the crime.  We were already halfway home.
8)

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Grafton is not very close to Mass .... it's a feature

we lit up the fire at sunset with a small group of people
... enjoyed a nice burn of junk and brush while friends kept showing up
we decided since we could mostly fit in our living room to watch the movie at 7ish
the bonfire was left behind with our books burning slowly
most of us crammed into the living room ... and then another 8 people showed up ... so we filled up all the living spaces
it was fun ... the weather was perfect ... the sunset was spectacularly red and the fire was so hot sometimes we had to back up against the rocks ... the firepit is now twice as big :)
we cannot reveal who came to the party ... they all had masks on and we planned our attack on parliment next year
we decided not to kidnap anyone and train them in our dungeon over the next month or so ;)

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 06, 2008, 06:04 AM NHFT
we decided not to kidnap anyone and train them in our dungeon over the next month or so ;)

Damn! I just know there's a potential for converting Palin using those methods!  :rofl: