• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

9/22 fall cookout @Robin Hood Park

Started by David, September 16, 2008, 11:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Keene&state=NH&address=Roxbury+St.+And+Water+St.&zipcode=03431
I froze the hotdogs, and have lots of chips and soda, from the hot dog event. 
I should have the day off, (if not I will donate all supplies that I have) and we can do a real, (free  :) ) charcoal grill cookout. 
I am thinking between noon and 4 3 pm in the afternoon.  Feel free to suggest good times. 
I will bring a frisbee and a football to pass around. 
I will also be bringing my bike. 

ps., to ensure the dogs and soda stay cold, till I cook them off, If I could get a volunteer with car to pick up a bulky cooler and buns, it would be apprieciated.  I live very close to the park, and it is on the way.  I will likely be riding bike behind.   8)

dalebert

I can come. I might even bring some homemade bread or rolls or muffins or something.

David

Ohhh, banana nut, or carrot cake type muffins would be good.   ;D

FTL_Ian

Nice idea, David.  Once you nail down the time, please post to the Free Keene Forum, and link it to the FK calendar.  Not sure how wide you want to promote it, but you are also welcome to announce it on the front page of FK. 

P.S.  If someone brings beer, it's civil disobedience.   ;)

Russell Kanning

David

I figure I'll start around 3 pm.  Feel free to invite anyone.  I just want to get rid of about 40 hot dogs and buns, and a bunch of chips.  May want to bring some 2 liters, I am slowly drinking all the soda.   ;D
Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 17, 2008, 10:58 AM NHFT
Nice idea, David.  Once you nail down the time, please post to the Free Keene Forum, and link it to the FK calendar.  Not sure how wide you want to promote it, but you are also welcome to announce it on the front page of FK. 

Done.  calender and forum. 

JJ

I think I will bring some brats.  I haven't had my quota for the summer yet.   ;D

Mike Barskey

I want to join you, but I'm coming from the Manchester area and can only leave work so early. What time might you guys be hanging out until?

David

I enjoy these things, so I tend to stay till everyone else leaves.  At least a couple of hours, usually. 

Mike Barskey

Cool. I can probably get there before 4p.

Russell Kanning

if it is nice weather ... they may stay awhile :)

brats at a hotdog party? is that legal?

Lloyd Danforth

apparently not, people often bring their children.

dalebert

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 19, 2008, 07:37 AM NHFT
if it is nice weather ... they may stay awhile :)

brats at a hotdog party? is that legal?

I'll be happy to share grill space, it is just a small space, so no pushing.   ;)

JJ

I didn't notice it was Monday.  I start work at 3, can't come.