• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gardner Shit-Canned

Started by MengerFan, September 17, 2008, 05:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MengerFan

The Big G Himself was sacked by WTPL today. El G says that the station manager was very nice about it, but they just weren't getting enough advertising support for him.

Please send the Gard Dog some love.

Russell Kanning

man
it is hard when you are questioning the status quo too much for many people

"When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are things to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honor are things to be ashamed of."
http://eawc.evansville.edu/anthology/analects.htm

FTL_Ian

He apparently didn't kiss up to the politicians he interviewed and the station was upset they wouldn't buy ads as a result.

Jared

Kat Kanning

PowerPenguin

Jared

too bad he can't go back to wgir after rush.

AntonLee

MengerFan

Gard asks that if anyone is so inclined to call the station, not to do so until tomorrow afternoon.

Kat Kanning

contact info for the station:
Business Office---(603) 545-0777
Fax Line---(603) 545-0781
General E-mail--- production@wtplfm.com

Send Snail Mail:
WTPL 107.7
501 South Street---3rd Floor
Bow, NH 03304

Puke

Fuck!  >:(
I just got the podcast to work again.
That sucks for Gard. I hope he's doing alright.

One thing it illuminates is how "journalism" is dead b/c no one can say anything that will not bring advertisers. Or god forbid, not fellate the politicians.

Also, Bulldog sucked. I blame his annoying laugh. 

FTL_Ian

Jim Whedon is the General Manager
Bob Lipman the Program Director

Dave Ridley

i'll try to call and complain to the business line or email.

bear in mind you can still call in live , i think, during jack heath's show from 3p-5p

jack is a nice conservative and lets calls right through, although it's best to be on topic

Dave Ridley

Dear Mr. Whedon:

I just heard about Gardner Goldsmith's termination.   I'm saddened by it but understand how hard it is to keep local talk on the air in a relatively small market.

I wanted to let you know if you bring him back, for what it is worth, I'm ready to "purchase" ads on his show myself.   However all I can do is an ad swap between your station and mine; can't pay cash.  If that's something you do, we could work it out to be proportional and mutually beneficial.

Videos on my "poor man's TV station" in Manchester gets about 1800 views a day and about half of the videos replay on local cable stations:

http://ridleyreport.com

WTPL ads in my future news reports would will go straight to your target audience....New Hampshire political/social activists.

I'm so sorry I didn't think of this when he was on the air; my bad.

Dave Ridley
RidleyReport.com
"The New Hampshire Revolution is now televised"

slim

I was listening to Gard pretty much every day but lately I could not I was trying to catch up on the podcasts so I could listen live again. This sucks. I am listening now and Bulldog took over the shows slot today.

I did take the time while Gard was on the air to e-mail the station and let them know I did like Gard's show.  :(

The station should have tried to sell Gard's show to the advertisers as WNBC sold Howard Stern to advertisers. Controversial positions keep people listening, Howard's audience that did not agree with him listened more then the ones that did agree. The longer they listen the more commercials they hear.