• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Flag Burning 11/03

Started by AnarchoJesse, September 18, 2008, 02:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

I'll be burning a flag here in Keene at Central Square on the day before election day.

And... uh....

That's about it.

Time: 2:00

Kat Kanning

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 18, 2008, 02:25 AM NHFT
What kind of flag?

Stars and Stripes.

And a UN flag if I can get a hold of one.

Coconut

Russell Kanning

If someone pays me to vote in Keene that day ... I might be able to watch it burn. :)

dalebert

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on September 18, 2008, 07:34 AM NHFT
And a UN flag if I can get a hold of one.

I think Jim and Lauren have a UN flag vending machine at their place.

Kat Kanning

I might have a un flag...I get them off of ebay for around $5 each

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

This should be interesting.  Will you be making a statement to the media?  If so, what will it be?

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Coconut on September 18, 2008, 08:43 AM NHFT
time?

I don't know yet. I want to hit peak traffic to get the fullest effect.

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 18, 2008, 11:25 AM NHFT
This should be interesting.  Will you be making a statement to the media?  If so, what will it be?

My statement (it'll need refining) will be along the lines of "the act of the vote is usually used as justification for validation of the system and as the enabling of all acts done by the State as given from a mandate of the 'people'. I'd rather show my distaste for the system by burning a material representation".

Not to be my exact words, I think, but somewhat along the lines.

Kat Kanning

You'll get the crowd most likely to flip out about it.  I wouldn't be surprised if you get a violent reaction.

FTL_Ian

If you're going to do the US flag, why not go all the way and include the UN and/or the NH flags?  It might take the harsh edge off the event and actually confuse those who would automatically be very angry at you for burning the "stars and stripes" alone.

It seems like a more complete statement.  If you're interested, I'll pay for the NH flag (you order it).

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 18, 2008, 12:18 PM NHFT
You'll get the crowd most likely to flip out about it.  I wouldn't be surprised if you get a violent reaction.

Yeah, we had a violent reaction to a peace sign-waving.   :'(