• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Flag Burning 11/03

Started by AnarchoJesse, September 18, 2008, 02:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 18, 2008, 12:22 PM NHFT
If you're going to do the US flag, why not go all the way and include the UN and/or the NH flags?  It might take the harsh edge off the event and actually confuse those who would automatically be very angry at you for burning the "stars and stripes" alone.

It seems like a more complete statement.  If you're interested, I'll pay for the NH flag (you order it).

I was considering the UN flag as well if I could find one as I said above, but I'll do the NH one too. It does make sense from the perspective of consistency.

Kat Kanning

we had a violent reaction to a tax protest  :o

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 18, 2008, 12:51 PM NHFT
we had a violent reaction to a tax protest  :o

I was thinking about that angry big nationalist outside the post office - was that a tax protest?  I thought it was peace.  Or were you referring to someone else?

Kat Kanning

It was the Don Quixote thing, which was a tax/torture protest.

K. Darien Freeheart

:campfire:

Cameras are for your protection and others enjoy footage!

Russell Kanning

for the most views, at the end of the work day is the busiest downtown right?

Sam A. Robrin

Caleb

I think this is a wonderful idea! You have my full support, and I will certainly purchase your flag! Matter of fact, in Dada-speak there is an 80% chance that I will join you by burning one here in Riverside on election day.

The human subconscious thinks in symbols. By attacking the symbols of nationalism I believe we do real damage to nationalism.

Have you thought of doing this as a pledgebank thing and see how many people you can get to join you across the country?

Sam A. Robrin

Why not burn some of those flag-motif party symbols that pop up everywhere each leap year? 
      Better still, burn an elephant for Barr and a donkey for McCain.  For Obama, you'll have to design a moonbat . . .

Lloyd Danforth

We did the elephant and donkey burn one year.  They didn't burn completely and the what originally smelled like a barbeque began to stink real bad after a few days!

Coconut

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on September 18, 2008, 11:36 PM NHFT
Why not burn some of those flag-motif party symbols that pop up everywhere each leap year? 
      Better still, burn an elephant for Barr and a donkey for McCain.  For Obama, you'll have to design a moonbat . . .

Are you in Keene? I'm sure he'd be happy for you to attend and do that with him.

Kat Kanning

Doesn't appear to be in Keene.

Lloyd Danforth

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 19, 2008, 06:40 AM NHFT
Doesn't appear to be in Keene.

No, I'm one hundred leagues from the hemisphere . . .

kalmia

What is the goal of this burn?  Do any of you think that this may make enemies of those who could be potential converts?  They may reject you and your ideas and all FSPers without discovering the rationale.

I think that man otherwise rational people have a latent sense of nationalism that may flair up in an event like this.

Think this over.