• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lack of Helmet Law Not Seen as Responsible for Increase in Accidents

Started by CNHT, August 10, 2005, 08:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Why didn't they say how many of the fatalities had the rider in a helmet?

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on August 10, 2005, 08:41 AM NHFT
Why didn't they say how many of the fatalities had the rider in a helmet?

I wondered this too. It's possible that they did have helmets on by their own choice, and they were injured in some other way. It suggested the bikes were powerful, the riders older, etc. It could just be due to increased traffic that the bikes have to negotiate.

Kat Kanning

It's possible there's a Volvo-syndrome going on....the helmeted riders feel safer and take more risks.

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on August 10, 2005, 09:03 AM NHFT
It's possible there's a Volvo-syndrome going on....the helmeted riders feel safer and take more risks.

Quite possible! I have to be careful of the 'Audi Syndrome', LOL. Because when taking those fast exits, the pickup truck could be very tipsy! SO, I have to remember which car I'm driving..

Kat Kanning

Heh, you should see my mom in her pickup....my dad nicknamed her "The Rocket".

lildog

Did you guys (and gals) hear about the seatbelt law they are pushing in NJ for PETS!!!  I kid you not.  It was part of a "there should be a law" contest, which in and of itself is a farce.

CNHT

Quote from: lildog on August 10, 2005, 11:40 AM NHFT
Did you guys (and gals) hear about the seatbelt law they are pushing in NJ for PETS!!!? I kid you not.? It was part of a "there should be a law" contest, which in and of itself is a farce.

Then again there are some who would say I'm always tipsy! Yeah these people are nuts.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: lildog on August 10, 2005, 11:40 AM NHFT
Did you guys (and gals) hear about the seatbelt law they are pushing in NJ for PETS!!!  I kid you not.  It was part of a "there should be a law" contest, which in and of itself is a farce.

We should hold a new contest each year.  We'll call it The "There should NOT be a law!" Contest!   ;D

We take feedback from communities on the most ridiculous town laws and give to the council and manager of the winning town a plaque for having the most absurd laws ever created.

"Your town suffers the dishonor of having the most ridiculous law of 2005!  Way to go, Einstein!  Your absurd law is:  (fill in the blank)"

We could also do it statewide.  ;)

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on August 10, 2005, 02:03 PM NHFT

We should hold a new contest each year.? We'll call it The "There should NOT be a law!" Contest!?

I think they did this Sunday at NHLA... Pick a law for repeal....