• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren Canario arrested trying to get her property back from feds!

Started by error, September 19, 2008, 03:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

In other news, it's pretty easy to sneak a voice recorder into the court. 

Or so I hear.

dalebert

When the prosecutor was arguing for the maximum sentence, talking about how important it was to make an example of Lauren and discourage the NH Underground, he pointed out that even though Lauren seems (and really is) completely harmless and would not resort to violence, she might "incite" violence. So our speech itself is being declared dangerous because it might incite violence.

That's absurd on its face of course, but I had to think about what exactly he was saying. NH Underground reminds people that government uses the money they steal from us to kill millions of Iraqis and torture people and he claims our speech incites violence. If someone actually does get violent over something we say, isn't it actually the stealing, mass murder, and torturing that's inciting the violence?
:-\

JosephSHaas

Quote from: Free libertarian on September 25, 2008, 06:36 AM NHFT
... and she was shackled....

Yup: with leg irons that clanged with their metallic sound, loud enough for everyone to hear, as she made it from the defense table to the podium to speak four times. 

Reminds me of Jacob Marley's Chains, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Marley (d. 24 Dec. 1836 fictional character in the Charles Dickens novel of: "a Christmas Carol"). See also over to the title page of: "The ghost warns Scrooge that if he doesn't change his ways, he will suffer Marley's fate.": "to drag around a heavy chain.

Check out: Aimee Mann sings Jacob Marley's Chain Christmas Show El Rey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT-KBEGQvw4 of 4:01 minutes

See also "Marley's Ghost @ Strawberry Music Festival" = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1fBrbzL0xc of "Give thanks and prayer to the Lord and it will be alright." / "Let's get together and feel alright."

- - Joe

P.S. And what of the act when the officers on the stand cannot remember their oath to  constitution? The act I refer to of some people in the audience standing up and turning their backs to the witness and judge looking in the opposite direction until that witness was excused. This reminds me of that saying in the Bible of: "Walk in wisdom toward them that are without" Colossians 4:5, but since because IF you do so in the courtroom there, then you'll probably get surrounded like what happened to Lauren's husband yesterday afternoon when he went beyond the swinging saloon-type doors to try to talk with his wife. Over at http://www.google.com for these words I did find an interesting website at http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/sermons/bydate/1988/641_Walk_in_Wisdom_Toward_Those_Outside/ about the Prayer "Storm Troopers" with the REAL walkie-talkies to Heaven/ Command Headquarters in the Sky, me reading this AFTERward hearing yesterday somebody's comment before we walked up the stairs of something to do with the judge wanting to be nearer God in that way to somehow reflect that his sentencing will be just, and my comment to one of the Feds with a walkie-talkie in the courtroom IF that were indeed true. Him saying what? Me saying what I just wrote and IF he really had that special connection.  ;D I guess this standing up and turning is like body language, telling the judge that although you hear what the witness is saying, that you find it an insult that he or she does not fully know what their job description is supposed to be, as in who these public servants really are to work for us! Getting over to Colossians 4:6 of: "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."  Plus: that was interesting that the judge did not acknowledge this fact for on the record, or will the court reporter indicated WHEN this standing up by #__ people and turning took place on which witness? IF ever there is a transcript ordered and made. #___ pages estimated at a cost of: $_____ in this Case #_______to ask Court Reporter ___________ for the estimate when I return there this afternoon to put in a Victim Impact Statement into Reno's case for tomorrow's sentencing day starting at 10:00 a.m. _____ Back at the desiring god website under #2 for Watchful "the enemy...will try to jam the airwaves or steal the transmitter" like what? to say to sit down or leave? Didn't the Bailiff say that you "may" be seated? originally before the proceeding.  8) Well - could be your answer back to the judge, - I choose to get back to my original standing. Kat's Case #______.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: dalebert on September 25, 2008, 10:33 AM NHFT
When the prosecutor was arguing for the maximum sentence, talking about how important it was to make an example of Lauren and discourage the NH Underground, he pointed out that even though Lauren seems (and really is) completely harmless and would not resort to violence, she might "incite" violence. So our speech itself is being declared dangerous because it might incite violence.

That's absurd on its face of course, but I had to think about what exactly he was saying. NH Underground reminds people that government uses the money they steal from us to kill millions of Iraqis and torture people and he claims our speech incites violence. If someone actually does get violent over something we say, isn't it actually the stealing, mass murder, and torturing that's inciting the violence?
:-\
Also, there's the obvious-but-somehow-overlooked-by-the-judge fact that he's being violent in order to stop the possibility that peaceful protect might incite violence.

KBCraig

Quote from: slim on September 25, 2008, 07:46 AM NHFT
I realize I am not in the thick of things but from my vantage point I would say that the female cop that said she hurt her back brought all the snickering and remarks on herself. She was violating the oath she took and got hurt (I would love to see the MRI and X-ray of this injury too). If I jumped off a 40 foot cliff and broke my leg I would expect people to snicker and make fun of that stupid decision.

In this particular case, it's more like stepping off a curb and then yelling "My leg! I broke my leg!"

Puke

Jared

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 25, 2008, 09:14 AM NHFT

Or so I hear.

except that they'll be looking for them now that we've posted this : /

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Jared on September 25, 2008, 04:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 25, 2008, 09:14 AM NHFT

Or so I hear.

That's fine.  What will they do about this?
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=15468.0

Puke

They can't strip search us all.

slim

Quote from: Puke on September 25, 2008, 04:46 PM NHFT

They can't strip search us all.

Are you sure of that? The post might give them some ideas  >:D

William

"Didn't the Bailiff say that you "may" be seated? originally before the proceeding."

When they brought Lauren into the room, someone said "All rise for the honorable defendant" We all stood up and then sat back down. When the judge came in, the bailiff said "all rise" but we all remained seated. He never did say "you 'may' be seated" because I was waiting for that verbal cue to stand up and remain standing. Instead, he went straight to announcing the case and their people sat down of their own accord. I've never had (or heard of) that happening before and it threw me off as far as timing.

ReverendRyan

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 24, 2008, 11:23 PM NHFT
overall i didn't sense much animosity from the authorities in there...but i disagree with the name calling and laughing at the lady claiming she hurt her back.   One of the DHS workers claimed she hurt it picking lauren up.  you can scoff at that if you want but it is pretty easy to hurt your back lifting.

The question I really wish Lauren had used to follow that up is "Did you file an injury report?"

I'm sure the answer is "no."

The cop would then have to admit to one of two things: lying on the stand or refusing to perform required job duties.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: JosephSHaas on September 25, 2008, 10:54 AM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on September 25, 2008, 06:36 AM NHFT
... and she was shackled....

- - Joe

P.S. And what of the act when the officers on the stand cannot remember their oath to  constitution? The act I refer to of some people in the audience standing up and turning their backs to the witness and judge looking in the opposite direction until that witness was excused.

Did some of the people do this?   :)
Excellent... most excellent.

Tom Sawyer

Anyone want to pursue a transcript of the "trial"...
Good stuff in there.

Jim Johnson

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S.
Charge Dropped Against West Virginia Man Accused of Passing Gas

Thursday, September 25, 2008

South Charleston Police Department

CHARLESTON, W.Va. —  A West Virginia man accused of passing gas and fanning it toward a police officer no longer faces a battery charge.

The Kanawha County prosecutor's office requested that the charge be dropped against 34-year-old Jose Cruz.

According to a criminal complaint, Cruz passed gas and made a fanning motion toward patrolman T.E. Parsons after being taken to the police station for a breathalyzer test. Cruz denies fanning the gas and says his request to use a restroom when first arriving at the station was denied.

An assistant says Magistrate Jack Pauley signed a motion to dismiss the charge Thursday.

Cruz, who was arrested Tuesday, still faces driving under the influence and other charges.