• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren Canario arrested trying to get her property back from feds!

Started by error, September 19, 2008, 03:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 25, 2008, 06:58 PM NHFT
Anyone want to pursue a transcript of the "trial"...
Good stuff in there.

Does anyone no how much and where to get Lauren's trial transcript? 

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on September 25, 2008, 06:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: JosephSHaas on September 25, 2008, 10:54 AM NHFT
P.S. And what of the act when the officers on the stand cannot remember their oath to  constitution? The act I refer to of some people in the audience standing up and turning their backs to the witness and judge looking in the opposite direction until that witness was excused.

Did some of the people do this?   :)
Excellent... most excellent.
I saw William do it, and I joined him.

William

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 25, 2008, 06:58 PM NHFT
Anyone want to pursue a transcript of the "trial"...
Good stuff in there.

What do they want for it? I hear it can be as much as $12 per page?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: exCA Mike on September 25, 2008, 07:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on September 25, 2008, 06:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: JosephSHaas on September 25, 2008, 10:54 AM NHFT
P.S. And what of the act when the officers on the stand cannot remember their oath to  constitution? The act I refer to of some people in the audience standing up and turning their backs to the witness and judge looking in the opposite direction until that witness was excused.

Did some of the people do this?   :)
Excellent... most excellent.
I saw William do it, and I joined him.

Thank You.

This would be good at Kat's trial.

JosephSHaas

dalebert

I just want to issue a hearty thank you to SamIAm for the gift of t-shirts and pizza. Thanx, Sam!

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on September 25, 2008, 10:35 PM NHFT
I just want to issue a hearty thank you to SamIAm for the gift of t-shirts and pizza. Thanx, Sam!

The pizzas where generously donated by John B. in Grafton.  Thank you John.

Jim Johnson

One man drives the train... another man loads the car.
And another man unloads the train and another man locks a door.
Another man stands by a valve which leads to another man who fills a tank.
And another man is ordered by anther man to order the other man to open a valve.
And another man carries bodies to a grave that another man has dug and no man can be blamed.

So where is Mike Therion?  He is the man who collects gypsies... who ride the train.

But Mike is different from the other men.

Mike gets to choose who he collects... he has sworn an oath to a set of words that he does not understand... and depends on politicians to tell him what to do... he is obedient to the state. 

Mike could choose to not arrest gypsies.  But, he has no moral code of his own... he serves the state, leaving politicians to bear the burden of his morality... And in what place could morality be better lost?

David

Some of my observations of Laurens trial.  

The most important, the movement is growing up.  The ease and relative relaxation of the activists in the courtroom was great to see.  Dave had an interview with Lauren from 15 feet away.  The sham trial was treated with the respect it deserved.  The turnout is great.  

One of my goals as an out of the system activist is to encourage law enforcement to choose not to enforce their own laws, thus nullifying it.  Shaming them, and making it clear that their actions are those of pariahs are a method of 'deterrence'.  

I believe the widespread respect for Lauren is one of the motivators for encouraging the great turnout in court the other day.  But libertarianism is about freedom only limited by ones interfering in the rights of others by encroachment, threats, and harm.  What I saw the other day was people who believed this ideal, and had embraced it in action.  The movement will be unstoppable, if we embrace the ideal, remain leaderless, decentralized, and non-violent.  The disgust people had when they saw how they were treating a women who had done no harm, is good, and should not be discouraged.

Most people never get past the armchair quarterbacking of the libertarian debates.  I think things really crystalize in your mind when you see your friends carted away in chains and put in cages, when it is clear they had hurt no one.  Lauren helped enourmously by putting a paper up on the overhead device displaying "who is the victim".  It is clear the constitution is a 'god damned piece of paper' (that is a quote from our 1st Decider) to those people.  So Lauren made it a moral issue.  I am very much a fan of this approach.  I have seen Russell do this, and I have done it (not quite the same way, but the same basic idea).  

Of course things could have gone better the other day, they could have let Lauren and Kat out, things could have been said or done that may have had more of an impact, etc.  But hindsight is what it is, and we will make mistakes, we will say and do things that we shouldn't, but as long as we remain nonviolent, nondestructive, and nonthreatening, those mistakes should be forgiven, and then used as a learning tool for the next time.  

The T-shirts from Sam were awesome.  The quote on the back was 'never forget what gov'ts do', with a picture of the star of David.  

Thank you everyone for comming, I will not be able to go to Kats trial, but do her proud.   :)

dalebert

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on September 25, 2008, 10:43 PM NHFT

Oh, my mistake. Thank you, John. Am I correct in thanking Sam for the t-shirts?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on September 25, 2008, 11:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on September 25, 2008, 10:43 PM NHFT

Oh, my mistake. Thank you, John. Am I correct in thanking Sam for the t-shirts?

It can only be assumed.  The t-shirts came from cafepress.com and bounced off the Keene Free Press addressed to me and Lauren, 11 months ago.

Russell Kanning

Lauren is being held in Strafford County Jail again.

http://www.newhampshirefreepress.com/NHFreePress/?q=node/225

I wrote to her and Kat yesterday.

We know that Lauren enjoys news clippings, while she is in there.

JosephSHaas

Quote from: David on September 25, 2008, 11:13 PM NHFT
Some of my observations of Laurens trial.  
One of my goals as an out of the system activist is to encourage law enforcement to choose not to enforce their own laws*, ....

* Technically these are not laws, as THE law is the Const., since there is no such thing as an unlawful law, but an unlawful statute or something.  The something here being a CFR= The Code of Federal Regulations, that are put on the books ONLY after a Notice of Public Hearing, and withOUT such then they are illegal. 

Did anybody write down the C.F.R. #_______ from the overhead projector to the screen? If not, would somebody in Keene PLEASE visit the I.R.S. Office there in the U.S. Post Office building and write it down for me from the handwriting on the wall.  :) I'd like to check the books at the State Library in Concord this afternoon +/or meet with my Federal Senator Judd Gregg +/or one of his research people over at his North Main Street office to see about finding this ANSWER to mail to Kat this afternoon to her temporary address in the Merrimack County Jail, 314 Daniel Webster Highway, Boscawen, N.H. 03303 and BEFORE she goes back to Federal court next Tuesday afternoon @ 1:30 o'clock p.m. so that she can have this maybe researched by Congressional staff on Monday for a relay in person on Tuesday to put the C.F.R. on trial as illegal: case closed!  8)

- - Joe Haas

P.S. Anybody with this CFR #_______ please call me on my cell phone at 848-6059 today +/or drop by my office there in Concord @ 4 Park Street, just NE of the Capitol and next door to Judd Gregg. Thank you. Before 5:00 p.m. See Ron the Security Officer there in the Parking Lot, who can contact me, as I might be out walking the dog: "Mr. Tucker", "he's a good boy."  >:D -- most of the time.

Tom Sawyer

I wanted to publicly applaud  Facilitator/Jim for his courage and restraint through this whole ordeal...

But, especially...
Walking through their little gate,  to attempt to sit as counsel beside his wife. Then objecting in a firm, yet restrained, manner when they jumped up and berated and repelled him.
Wearing his "Shire Attire" tunic, handmade by himself, as a symbol of love for Lauren to see.
I call for a "karma party" as demonstation of admiration and support of his efforts and costs he has and is bearing.

For the public record.
They did not allow her to confer with anyone for advice.
She was without her glasses, making it diffuclt to see what was being displayed on the monitors. John offered and provided her with his reading glasses.
They did not have even a pencil for her to write notes regarding her case, until I asked her if she had be giving one.
She had her black gloved guard seated right beside her, an intimidating presence that would preclude her from any privacy in the writing of information regarding the trial.
The judge made no reference to any of her defense. It was clear that he was ready to find her guilty at her arraignment.
The judge, in his closing statement refered to matters not even connected with the case. Clearly chastising her for her activism and beliefs.

Lloyd Danforth

I suspected that he had no intention of counseling her.  He was probably gonna sneak in a kiss!