• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

WTF on YouTube?

Started by dalebert, September 21, 2008, 12:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I'm wondering if this is just a temporary technical glitch or if they took the background image off of my YouTube account. Can you guys see the comic strip or just getting a black background? It's supposed to be the Anarcho-Capitalist comic.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnarchyInYourHead

Friday

I see the comic in the background.

Bill St. Clair

There's a guy in a hoodie, spray-painting a gray brick wall with red paint. A sign on the wall says "Anarcho-capitalization".

dalebert

OK, that's a relief. It's just a technical glitch and not some weird censorship due to encouraging terrorism bullshit or some such. I've been hearing some crazy shit about YouTube lately.

Thanx, folks.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on September 21, 2008, 07:08 PM NHFT
OK, that's a relief. It's just a technical glitch and not some weird censorship due to encouraging terrorism bullshit or some such. I've been hearing some crazy shit about YouTube lately.

Thanx, folks.

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/09/21/0010209

warren Smith

@J'raxis 270145 my latin is a little rusty ^^ personification of death?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: warren Smith on November 04, 2008, 08:13 PM NHFT

Eleutheria i thanatos? It's Greek for "live free or die" (lit., "freedom or death").

Josh

Perhaps the market should ostracize YouTube. Is there an open source program for similar video uploading? Could pull a PirateBay on them and get an out-of-country server for it and all that. Copyrights be damned. Anything that's blasted through the airwaves is public domain.... like the satellite signal that CNN uses :)
If they don't want me using the signal, they shouldn't put it on my property.

warren Smith

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 05, 2008, 01:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: warren Smith on November 04, 2008, 08:13 PM NHFT

Eleutheria i thanatos? It's Greek for "live free or die" (lit., "freedom or death").

Ahh, I had recognized thanatos as death and my far too quick wiki search of eleutheria led to personification as the first def.  Since I couldnt remember where i picked up that trivia I just assumed latin class.