• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Technical Employment w/in 45 mins. of Rochester Needed

Started by BaRbArIaN, September 23, 2008, 11:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BaRbArIaN

Well, my research technician job I've had for 5 years now at UNH is finally going away as of December 12th.  (Merry Xmas, eh?)
I am already looking as I know if I leave early they won't mind saving the money they'd pay me up until then.
I have a degree in Physics (BS) with years of experience in CAD (Inventor and Solidworks), machining prototypes (full machine shop), purchasing, spreadsheets, programming (used to work for Cabletron/Aprisma using C, C++), website work, technical document writing, basically I'm an engineering/science jack-of-all-trades.     

My most hopeful outcome would be having to avoid commuting from my 1 year old mortgaged house in Rochester any further than Manchester (and I'd limit it to the Seacoast region if I could).     Wish me luck.    Any ideas, email me at bbarian@cotse.net.

Nat F

Autodesk in Manchester might be worth checking out but I suspect you already know that.

-Nat

PowerPenguin

Have you gone on Dice.com or NHJobs.com yet? Those sites are really good for this kind of thing. Also ask Seth Cohn about the job market he would probably know of something.

Jared

jobsinnh.com, nh.craigslist.com, but you probably already knew about those. i hope you find something that  you love!

BaRbArIaN

Yep, all over those.   Am applying already to a couple.  Thanks.

KBCraig

It definitely doesn't meet your needs for proximity to Rochester, but the Sturm, Ruger casting plant in Newport (Sullivan County) might be of interest to others who are seeking technical jobs.